The Union's Last Sales Pitch

Whether you're for,against,or indifferent to union , all most admit moves by management in past year have been strange. They had to see possible union vote. Their response was to lower hiring standards to lowest in industry, in order to hire cheaper labor.Very little to improve an aging fleet of equipment that spends more time in repair than on the road.Spending a huge amount of money on a handheld device, that has been a joke. One year on programming something that frustrates drivers and wastes a huge amount of man hours. Wonder who got kick back on bad device and poor programming. A CEO who is the invisible man and an arrogant president who seems more focused on trying to prove to drivers he is a tough guy than actually looking to improve things, thats usually a sign of someone who is in over his head, and putting up a smoke screen. I see many posts on here from anti union people referring to YRC. Odd, since the two guys holding your future in their hands came from YRC and were a part of one billion dollar merger that made a few people very rich and left thousands of others in jeopardy.
So 2 of the Upper Management at NCT came from YRC....what the h*ll are these anti-union people so worried about? If the Union doesn't get in...bend over and kiss you a** goodbye!

Yup that sucks but take a look at what other trucking company's fave back and will continue to give back.

YRC 15 % 1 weeks vacation and nothin into the pension. NCT still only 5%.

ABF over 10 % Loss of vacation reduced pension and NCT still only 5%.

ABF will be closing 30 terminals this year.
YRC will be voting for their jobs in a few days with MORE give backs,,

NCT still only 5 % .
Now it's nap time play nice fellas.

VOTE NO TO ANOTHER PAY CUT FOR UNION DUES !!
YRC 25% pension
ABF FULL pension
ABF closing terminals with NO RIF
IF you are going to say it make sure you're not talking out of well you know
OH yeah STILL higher paid than you

Yup that sucks but take a look at what other trucking company's fave back and will continue to give back.

YRC 15 % 1 weeks vacation and nothin into the pension. NCT still only 5%.

YRC will be voting for their jobs in a few days with MORE give backs,,

NCT still only 5 % .
Now it's nap time play nice fellas.

VOTE NO TO ANOTHER PAY CUT FOR UNION DUES !!

YRC 25% pension
ABF FULL pension
ABF closing terminals with NO RIF
IF you are going to say it make sure you're not talking out of well you know
OH yeah STILL higher paid than you
You forgot that we did not get 10% wage cut. And yes, still more than he is paying his guys.

guys, bottom line is when the Union gets in you WILL have a voice---PERIOD !! the company now WILL have to listen to you.. thats the whole reason this started...the company will have no choice because the masses are united.....TUESDAY IS NCTYS---D-DAY !!!

Better than hearing we know you work hard but sorry went can't give you a raise cause we have to send the millionaires at jefferies another 50 million this year .. How come westernfreightways has gotten raises the last 6 years

Millionaires? You have no clue what they make, don't demonize them because they're in management, try to actually broaden your thinking. where do you get this info? I don't know about westernfrightways, was it an actually substantial raise? or was it a couple bucks?

Yes !!! this troll is back .... People i know are voting YES just because who you are and all the lies you have told ... I know !!! Everyone knows for the last time about the promises .. What about the 5% we never got back ? They did say you would get it back, What about all the times you drivers are coming in and getting your PAPERWORK and start crying about everything ... stop being a baby !!! think smart and vote yes ! Do they not give the new drivers a sales pitch ? Yes it sounds good we know better , anything is better then whats going on now .. I was ask not to answer you .. But your just a funny person ...

let me go at this step by step
1.) what supposed lies are these?
2.) you really loose me in the middle here, something about being a baby and crying about paperwork?.... how does that make me want to vote yes?
3.) I dunno bud, I think other companies have it worse

"YRC 15 % 1 weeks vacation and nothin into the pension. NCT still only 5%.
YRC will be voting for their jobs in a few days with MORE give backs,, "

4.) so, according to these numbers... the union doesn't stop bad management, and in fact just drains the company even more

let me go at this step by step
1.) what supposed lies are these?
2.) you really loose me in the middle here, something about being a baby and crying about paperwork?.... How does that make me want to vote yes?
3.) i dunno bud, i think other companies have it worse

"yrc 15 % 1 weeks vacation and nothin into the pension. Nct still only 5%.
Abf over 10 % loss of vacation reduced pension and nct still only 5%.
Abf will be closing 30 terminals this year.
Yrc will be voting for their jobs in a few days with more give backs,, "

4.) so, according to these numbers... The union doesn't stop bad management, and in fact just drains the company even more

why is it ok to take the 5% and say " you will get it back" and then not give it back---and what does that have to do with those other companies ? So , your only answer can be ncty is on the balls of its arse and they cannot afford the giveback, union, overtime...ect, ect, ect...otherwise there wouldnt be an argument, but then again theres salesman posting on here on how well the company is doing and how much " money" their making..not a good argument--brotha

As a former employee I don't have much to say about the current situation but I will say this. How does a company get away with no pay increase in 6 years on top of the 5% cut? It's time for all the employees to stand up for yourself and be heard. You should all be out side 45 east park drive waiving pickets . Remember that company And executives are nothing without the drivers, dock, office , and shop. The morale must be pretty low and is that a comfortable working environment?

I dunno, maybe because there's no money to spare?

Anyone that is sitting on the fence should not listen to a few on here that want to give NCT their strength back. They must have something to lose. It has been proven what NCT has done to us over and over again! We have answered questions over and over again. We have asked other Teamsters to help and answer their questions, but no matter what, they would put them down and make up demeaning stories...etc. Nothing to do with the issues! I don't care whether they are Drivers or not I never in my years have I seen men not want a better life for themselves or their families. All they talk about is the Union Dues which are nothing! The plus's out-weigh the minus's! We have a long road ahead of us and we need to Unite. Vote what is right for you, your family and your fellow drivers! Vote Yes for Teamster Representation!

You're right, everyone should just listen to you, the union recruiter, right? Come on now. Stop demonizing people that don't agree with how you want to do things. I don't think the Union will help NCT get back on it's feet, I believe that "we" the collective can do it ourselves without another bureaucratic system weighing us down. And if you actually read what we post about, you'll soon see that we talk about a whole lot more than union dues. The minuses outweigh the pluses when becoming union.

I think the drivers going to the Union speaks for itself--call it what you want say its "only" 30% that want it. I now what the management that post on here really think of their employees....simply put, they dont care----you should be happy it was only 5% and the best they can come up with is yrc / abf / cmon man, do you think were not smarter than that ? why didnt the driver get the 5% back then? if your tired of the BS vote with your gut....my gut tells me vote YES.

I'll ignore the whole management thing. Anyway, if the union is meant to combat bad management.... why is is that yrc and abf and fallen down because of "bad management"? Why didn't the driver get the 5% back? There isn't enough money to give the driver his 5% back. When the money starts to flow more readily, we'll all be compensated for the hard work during the rough times. That's how this works

why is it ok to take the 5% and say " you will get it back" and then not give it back---and what does that have to do with those other companies ? So , your only answer can be ncty is on the balls of its arse and they cannot afford the giveback, union, overtime...ect, ect, ect...otherwise there wouldnt be an argument, but then again theres salesman posting on here on how well the company is doing and how much " money" their making..not a good argument--brotha

Other people got the cut as well. What does this have to do with other companies? We use other companies that have tried to use the union model as an example for how things would work for us if we went union. You use the past to help make your decision to determine the future. What salesmen is saying how well the company is doing amigo????

you're talking out of both sides of your mouth richie. You just stated and I quote " What does this have to do with other companies?" You constantly compared YRC and ABF but that's ok. You idiot!! just proved all along you have no idea what you're talking about!!! And you really think NCT is gonna sit down with YOU and even consider what you want???? Go take common sense 101 then come back and talk to me. You are so embedded with the concept that NCT cares!!! If they did genius, don't you think they would have at least offered some scraps years ago?? What a fool!!!!

If you're going to quote me, actually read what I'm saying, and use the full quote. If you see it in context, you'll see that it's a rhetorical question answered by the following sentence

Other people got the cut as well. What does this have to do with other companies? We use other companies that have tried to use the union model as an example for how things would work for us if we went union. You use the past to help make your decision to determine the future. What salesmen is saying how well the company is doing amigo????

So.... take English 101 I guess? Other than that, I don't feel the need to come up with weak insults to try and discredit you.

For reference if anyone didn't catch his comment,

you're talking out of both sides of your mouth richie. You just stated and I quote " What does this have to do with other companies?" You constantly compared YRC and ABF but that's ok. You idiot!! just proved all along you have no idea what you're talking about!!! And you really think NCT is gonna sit down with YOU and even consider what you want???? Go take common sense 101 then come back and talk to me. You are so embedded with the concept that NCT cares!!! If they did genius, don't you think they would have at least offered some scraps years ago?? What a fool!!!!

jbusy12,How about the Bad Experience that has gone on for 6 years this April with NCT ???,I'm surprised we have put up with it this long,Why would any of the Pro Union drivers want to waist any more time here for the same hourly rate or less and all that Mark.O and J.S. say is there are no jobs out there they are "Full Of It" because there are other jobs !!! And most of the Union Co's that have gone under are because of Co's like NCT lowering the rates! Take a look at Fed-Ex freights trucking boards,They are even talking about going union !!! :fingure:

jbusy12,How about the Bad Experience that has gone on for 6 years this April with NCT ???,I'm surprised we have put up with it this long,Why would any of the Pro Union drivers want to waist any more time here for the same hourly rate or less and all that Mark.O and J.S. say is there are no jobs out there they are "Full Of It" because there are other jobs !!! And most of the Union Co's that have gone under are because of Co's like NCT lowering the rates! Take a look at Fed-Ex freights trucking boards,They are even talking about going union !!!

If it's been so bad, and there are soooooo many jobs, why haven't you joined another company? So what you're telling me is that a non-union company is more competitive than a union company and will ultimately last longer? And as far as Fed-Ex freight, I just looked, they're having the same debates that we are, a post from the last page

Better start reading the YRC, ABF and such pages...number one complaint is that the union doesn't enforce the contract...so what's the point of the contract if the union bends over constantly??? ....

Weird how they're bringing up the same concerns as us right?