The Unraveling of Donald J. Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Duke was on the news tonight. Somewhere in NC they bury the coal ash and all the neighbors water wells are poison. If you do a analsis of coal ash it turns out ot contains some really harmful chemicals in it. Someone from the state I think told them not to even wash in that water never mind cooking in it. They all have bottled water, I didn't catch who is paying for that water or if they have to.

Duke of course says it's alright to drink.

Now in my little mind I would think Duke would profusely apologize and put in water pipes to all the effected homes and send them safe water.
    Thats just how I think, but corporations don't think like that
    Someone is going to spend years paying attorneys to get this hammered out.

So when these company's plan some project and tell you Not to Worry.
    You need to worry.
    Or as my dear Uncle George would say "Use your head for something besides a hat rack"

pilot87 likes this.
  2. Magoo

How many adults and children are in our health care system with respiratory disease's?
    Do you think thats all taken care of for free?

canaryinthemine and pilot87 like this.
  3. Magoo

Ford knew his goose was cooked after what he did for Nixon he couldn't win dog catcher.
    Same thing is going to happen to Pence

pilot87 likes this.
  4. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Yes....more jobs available now....and that's been true before Trump was elected...... So far he hasn't done anything that would have had any impact..... The economy is fundamentally the same since the last couple years, or more, when Obama was President....the same economy that you claimed Obama "destroyed"...

Magoo and canaryinthemine like this.
  5. pilot87

They don't care about that........It shows when they whine about having Families with affected members on Medicaid...... .. They only care about Corporations and their profits.....which is ok to a point....but not above all else, including human life itself.....

Magoo likes this.
  6. pilot87

There never is a real choice.....but having said that, no one forced you to vote for Trump....you did that all by yourself....so take responsibility for it and stop blaming the "liberals".......

7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Ford lost by less than Hilly did
    that said, they both lost

8. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Yes!.....Yes!....You are Correct, Brother! I abase myself and lie prostrate on the floor in front of my keyboard!

And you are right,....The elected Presidents did not release their tax returns......(...probably because of the Emoluments clause...)

But the....CANDIDATES .....for President did.......

And they did that to prove,....inasmuch as you can prove "creative" accounting on a tax form is accurate..........that they had NO conflict of interest, either in the business community, or with foreign agencies abroad.

They were trying to reassure the American people,....post Nixon........that their intentions were honorable, and they had no nefarious and clandestine business dealings with shady entities......

Can I get up off the floor now? I'm choking on dust bunnies, and it's hard to type with one hand way up in the air........

9. Magoo

We as a group worship money in this country. We admire those who have it and lust after it.
    We all want to be rich and tend to look the other way when the big money folks are doing us wrong.

We see it everyday and now Washington is trying to do TAX REFORM meaning get the rich more tax breaks.

I seen Ryan on tv this morning splaing to us how this is really about helping the working class.
    What a Hoot!

Like those republicans in Congress really give a hoot about the working class,
    whose paying them off? Not I that i can assure you.

And yet they seem to pull the wool over the eye's of so many.
    The reason I think they are able to do that is because these constituents want the rich to do better because they worship money.
    Therefor they sacrifice themselves in order for the rich to do better.

There is always a chance one of you will become rich one day, no one can deny that. There has been a number of rich truck drivers I'm willing to guess. I can't think of any off hand but I know there must be a way. Hey JB HUNT he's a rich truck driver .

KEEP THE SUNNY SIDE UP DRIVERS!

canaryinthemine likes this.
  10. canaryinthemine

The centerpiece of the Trump administration is tax "reform". The funny part about that is that most people are taking his word that they,.....being "middle class".....will get some sort of tax break.

All anyone has to do is type in "Mnuchin Rule",.........and then see how far Mr. Trump's Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin has backed away from his own promise that tax reform will be for the...."middle class".

In my opinion,.....tax repeal for the wealthy,.....is the main,...if not the only,....reason Mr. Trump ran for President. He's pretty much bored of healthcare now, and has dumped that on Congress after forcing much higher premiums on poor people,....which kind of forces Congress' hand to hurry up and re-authorize Obamacare by re-naming it Trumpcare.

He's bored of the immigration issue, too.....so he's dumped that on Congress by imposing a time limit on the DACA children.......

Iran isn't really interesting.....not like the bullying and bear-baiting response he gets every time he tweaks Kim Jong Un's tail...( ..Now that's Fun!...)..so Mr. Trump has dumped the Iran problem onto Congress to re-certify,...or face world opprobation....

He's certainly bored of Puerto Rico............All those needy people....Sad!

Not a word has issued from his office about bump-stocks and making them illegal.........ever since it came out that the perpetrator was a deranged white male millionaire........Maybe that's a good thing, because right after the shooting,.....the publicly-traded stock of the two companies that manufacture bump-stocks went through the roof,...as did sales,...and prices...in excess of a 400% increse in price......

I don't think they need any more publicity......

So all the main issues since election,.....Mr. Trump has managed to foist off onto Congress to deal with,...along with the responsibility. If what comes out of Congress is not viewed favorably by the American public,...Mr. Trump can bloviate once more about "draining the swamp.." Not his fault.

He's "cleared his decks", as it were,.....to focus on his one, true pet project.. Unfortunately, he's created a huge mess for Congress to deal with ,...along with tax "reform". Want to take a guess about which issue will be pushed to the forefront of all other business?

Why such a hurry? Plenty of important issues to deal with that are important to the American people........he can easily put tax "reform' off until next year,.......isn't like millionaires are on street corners with unshaven faces and tin cups........

Magoo likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I'm for ending taxing of income completely- going Fair Tax!!!!!

All the other issues that you complain that Trump foisted onto Congress- ARE the responsibility of Congress since 1787. Those were not ever supposed to be any Prez's job to begin with. So Trump is merely undoing with a pen, what Obama did with a pen when he shouldn't have stuck his nose in....

Northern Flash likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Just curious. What would Trump's income tax returns change? {they are irrelevant}

And what did Trump promise? You'll get his tax returns once Hillary's 33,000 emails are recovered?
    :popcorn:

Bubba74 and jimmy g like this.
  13. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I admire those who have been successful. But I don't worship them or their money because I'm not jealous of them. They paved their own path, and I've paved my own. Your jealousy of them skews your thinking.

Wrong. My wealth is just enough to keep me happy. I don't have the stresses or want the stresses that comes along with their wealth. I had that opportunity years ago, and I chose to walk away from it.

You and Chuckie's worn out old lines are so outdated.
    Tax breaks for the rich......blah,blah,blah.
    As long as the middle class are included in the tax breaks, I'm good with it.

a9faninnc, buffalobill and jimmy g like this.
  14. Magoo

How about running up the deficit because of the tax breaks?
    Is that ok with you now or are you going to have them change it so no deficits occur because of tax reductions?
    I hope you do the right thing.

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I want spending cut. You don't.

The problem is DCGrad accounting. They do spending first, then figure revenue to match. Not how it works in family budgets. Have to figure how much money you have first, then and only then figure what you can afford to buy. Next problem is, DC doesn't accept that EVERY TIME TAXES HAVE BEEN CUT- MORE REVENUE HAS COME TO THE TREASURY.

16. canaryinthemine

I’m sorry there Jimmy G , but I don’t follow your reasoning. The current budget under consideration is projected by the CBO to add 150 trillion to the deficit over 10 years.

After Mr. Reagan’s tax cuts , didn’t George H.W. Bush have to raise taxes to cover deficit spending? Remember:”Read my lips. No new taxes.” ..........about 3 months before he had to raise taxes?

Adding to the Federal deficit is usually a sign that there is not enough tax revenue coming in to cover the cost of running this country.

Of course , there can be an honest debate concerning which programs to cut to reduce the deficit, but I think......once again ....they are “putting the cart before the horse”.

Magoo likes this.
  17. Magoo

A Congressmens job is spending money, and he or she hopes part of that spending goes back into their district.
    They are not there to sacrifice their constituents jobs and their own job in Congress inorder to put forward some wacky spending reductions.

That said as I have posted many times before !/2 of your payroll tax's (not the ss. medicare part) goes into the military budget.

NO you say thats bull :shit:!

When all the expenses are added back into the miltary budget which is past equiptment purchase, and r&d, payments to foreign nations for containment and damages, Military personnel payroll , retirement and health care plus the interest charges on all of that it all adds up to half of our federal revenues.

Most other countrys don't have anywhere near these kind of expenses.
    Allowing them to make better lives at home for their citizens with education , heath care and other benifits .

Maybe we need to cut back on spending but I'm afraid your people will cut back on the citizens and full steam ahead on buying weapons.

We already see that this new budget and tax reform means cutting money out of programs we all here are going to need sometime in our lives.

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Do you run your house by spending without worrying about how much money you have? I figure my income first, then and only then figure what I can buy. Every budget should start at zero, not at last year,s spending plus 7% (baseline budgeting).

End Baseline budgeting. Start every budget at zero. End taxing income. Go Fair Tax. End tax withholding (Fair tax does that). Move Election Day (if keeping income tax) to April 15. Pay taxes in the morning, vote in the afternoon, with the thought of those taxes fresh in mind. Things would change in DCGrad...

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The job of Congress is to follow the Constitution. Defense, and ensuring the states play nice together, and that’s pretty much it. Representatives are elected every two years with that in mind, so they can be voted out. Senators are SUPPOSED to follow instructions from their state legislature as to how to vote (not a single one does). Everything else needs tapered out. They’re all going broke eventually, anyhow. Need to make it a structured elimination, as opposed to, ,we’re broke today, sorry bout your luck’....

20. Magoo

Sounds to me as though you approve of the majority of the spending.
    So where would you cut the budget?