Holland | The USS YRCW IS SINKING

Osprey

Flying High, Flying Free
Credits
I don't normally copy from YRCW news releases but this sounds interesting.

News Release:

YRC Worldwide Appoints Paul Liljegren Interim Chief Financial Officer

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Aug. 14/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- YRC Worldwide (Nasdaq: YRCW) today announced the appointment of Paul F. Liljegren, 53, as the company's interim Chief Financial Officer. Liljegren's appointment is effective immediately.

Liljegren, who currently serves as Vice President, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer of YRC Worldwide, will continue in those roles while he serves as interim CFO. Liljegren replaces Stephen L. Bruffett, who has left YRC Worldwide to join another company.:nutkick:

William D. Zollars, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer of YRC Worlwide, said, "As the executive responsible for overseeing our accounting practices and his previous experience in treasure, audit and other financial functions, Paul is well-versed in all of the aspects of our business, and we fully expect that he will easily and seamlessly fill in as our interim CFO. We have already begun to identify and evaluate internal and external search candidates to replace Steve.":BlahBlah:

Additional background on Liljegren.: butt kisser.

Liljegren joined YRC Worlwide in 2004, where he served as Vice President, Risk and Assurance. He was appointed to Vice President, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer of YRC Worlwide in 2005.

Read it at YRC Worldwide

Man the life boats CEO's, CFO's and any other kind of O"S first, all employees
remain on board , do not worry we are sinking slowly, there is time to save yourself.:hide:

The ship is sinking and the first fat rat abandoned ship, who will be next?
Mike S. the man that gave us the UE, or our captain Billy ( I love my $$$'s
Zo**ars) you guess is as good as mine.:drama

GBA:USA:

Lumper(I love yrcw) sam

He's jumped ship before. He was the CFO for American Freightways. These people go where the moola is not because of rumours of Titanic proportions (no pun intended) by those who lack the understanding of how the corporate world works.
"Show Me The Money" is what drives these Officers.

On a side note, check out the "Rebranding" thread in Yellows forum. Open the link provided and scroll down to see the new logo's. Note, USF is not shown.
http://www.shnv.net/All_YRC.pdf

He's jumped ship before. He was the CFO for American Freightways. These people go where the moola is not because of rumours of Titanic proportions (no pun intended) by those who lack the understanding of how the corporate world works.
"Show Me The Money" is what drives these Officers.

On a side note, check out the "Rebranding" thread in Yellows forum. Open the link provided and scroll down to see the new logo's. Note, USF is not shown.
http://www.shnv.net/All_YRC.pdf

I am glad that I had the opportunity to bump into someone who understands "how the corporate world works", at first I thought I was getting a response from Billy "big dollars" Zo****s, but he is not as smart as a LOON.

Well any who (don't you just hate people that use that phrase). I have checked the Rebranding thread and I did notice USF is not shown, what do YOU think it means? :Poke:

You know, there are some people out there that might not understand "how the corporate world works" as you presume to do Loonie my boy, but their guess would be that that portion (USF) of the aforementioned Titanic is slowly sinking. What do you think Mr. Corporate? :stirthepot:

Lumper(I wish I had an MBA)sam Actually a CDL is just as good

so, now you are complaining because you won't be driving a yrc truck? the complaint used to be that we would be driving them, now complaining that we aren't? ok, i think some of you have way too much time to think and form conspiracies in your mind.

Got to get while the gettin is good.
Last day at the sinking ship 8-28-08

Hey JPS, how about if we hold a sinking party, :d6625240: no life boats , life savers or
life jackets allowed, sink or swim. DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!:captain::

GBA:USA: CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RETIREMENT!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RETIREMENT!!!!!!

Lumper(give me a beer)sam CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!

Pretty cool Commercials.:1036316054:

Now for our Truckingboards 15 seconds of fame:

Hi we're A. DUIE PYLE,AAA COOPER TRANSPORTATION,ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM,AVERITT EXPRESS,BENTON EXPRESS,CENTRAL FREIGHT,CENTRAL TRANSPORT,CON-WAY FREIGHT,COWAN,DAYTON FREIGHT,ESTES EXPRESS LINES,FEDEX FREIGHT,FEDEX NATIONAL,G.I. TRUCKING,NEW CENTURY,NEW ENGLAND MOTOR FREIGHT,NEW PENN MOTOR EXPRESS,NEW YORK CAROLINA EXPRESS,OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES,OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE,PENINSULA TRUCK LINES,PJAX TRUCKING,PITT-OHIO EXPRESS,R&L CARRIERS,ROADWAY EXPRESS,SAIA,SOUTHEASTERN FREIGHT LINES,UPS,UPS FREIGHT,USF CORPORATION,VITRAN EXPRESS,WARD TRUCKING,WILSON TRUCKING CORPORATION,YELLOW FREIGHT etc.

You know what's cool about the Summer Olympics? They bring the world together every 4 years.
You know what's cool about Truckingboards? We do the same thing every single day. :smilies-19296:

I've seem these commercials and have noticed that they show Roadway, Yellow, Logistics and G Moore in some shots no Holland or Reddaway

Well a national audience is not really the place to promote regional carriers.

Do you really think a commercial will detemine who a customer uses? I think it`s just another waste of $$$$$!! Maybe the sales force should go in the warehouse,dock,instead of just the front office! Maybe then there would be no need for commercials,endorsements,etc,etc.

Do you really think a commercial will detemine who a customer uses? I think it`s just another waste of $$$$$!! Maybe the sales force should go in the warehouse,dock,instead of just the front office! Maybe then there would be no need for commercials,endorsements,etc,etc.

No, but I must be wrong or companies wouldn't spend millions and millions of dollars on advertising.

You are right, buy the customer pizza, they are pushovers for pizza.