TForce | The vote next weekend will be a strike vote!

Teamsta II

The end
Credits
Under the IBT constitution the vote next weekend there will be a strike vote, as well as a ratification vote. Not necessarily in that order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll be voting to strike Teamsta II unless LHD is out of the proposed TA. The word strike does not scare me in the least. You are clearly working for the yes vote. I've been reading all your posts. And the closer we get to the vote, the louder you have become in defense of the IBT and this proposal.

I guess I'll be voting to strike Teamsta II unless LHD is out of the proposed TA. The word strike does not scare me in the least. You are clearly working for the yes vote. I've been reading all your posts. And the closer we get to the vote, the louder you have become in defense of the IBT and this proposal.

My personal vote is of no consequence. Weather I vote yes or no has no bearing on you or anyone else. I am selling nothing but for members to vote. That is all that matters, because you can't win anything with a pathetic polarity vote.
Rest assured though, you will be voting to authorize a strike next weekend, as well as ratifying a contract.

Mark this post fellow Teamsters, because Teamsta II clearly has no idea what the IBT Constitution says about strike votes. You cannot combine a strike vote with a vote on an amended TA per Article XII. If I were you Teamsta II, I'd tuck my tail between my legs now.

Mark this post fellow Teamsters, because Teamsta II clearly has no idea what the IBT Constitution says about strike votes. You cannot combine a strike vote with a vote on an amended TA per Article XII. If I were you Teamsta II, I'd tuck my tail between my legs now.

You need to read that article again. You clearly don't understand the application pertaining to our situation.

Why don't you post it for all to see? The whole article, that is........

BTW, it says REVISED, not amended. It also says that sections 2 and 3 shall be broadly interpreted.

Like I said many posts ago, on another thread, it is the lack of voting that is our weakness, not how many vote yes or no.

Oh I understand. The IBT can accept the TA if less than 2/3 of those voting reject it. That's the whole purpose of having us vote in-person off-site, so that the Executive Board can accept the TA without the rank-and-files approval. Why do you think the letter from Local 776 BA Giz Garcia states that the vote will be counted by a group appointed by him? Giz and the IBT are counting on a low turnout, as are BA's all over the country so that they can utilize this language in the IBT Constitution and accept the TA as is.

Teamsta II said - Like I said many posts ago, on another thread, it is the lack of voting that is our weakness, not how many vote yes or no.

Well you're half right Teamsta II. If less than 2/3 of the eligible voters approve, the locals can accept it via the Executive Board. That is their plan. They just better hope that people don't turn out.

Oh I understand. The IBT can accept the TA if less than 2/3 of those voting reject it. That's the whole purpose of having us vote in-person off-site, so that the Executive Board can accept the TA without the rank-and-files approval. Why do you think the letter from Local 776 BA Giz Garcia states that the vote will be counted by a group appointed by him? Giz and the IBT are counting on a low turnout, as are BA's all over the country so that they can utilize this language in the IBT Constitution and accept the TA as is.

Low turnout falls strictly on the members. Being that 6000 couldn't even cast a vote the first time round, what do you expect?

Teamsta II said - Like I said many posts ago, on another thread, it is the lack of voting that is our weakness, not how many vote yes or no.

Well you're half right Teamsta II. If less than 2/3 of the eligible voters approve, the locals can accept it via the Executive Board. That is their plan. They just better hope that people don't turn out.

I'll be there.

And there it is fellow Teamsters. You have a Yes proponent (Teamsta II) and a No proponent (myself) agreeing that the local Executive Boards will accept this TA on your behalf if less than 2/3 of you vote it down. Now you know what is at stake!

And there it is fellow Teamsters. You have a Yes proponent (Teamsta II) and a No proponent (myself) agreeing that the local Executive Boards will accept this TA on your behalf if less than 2/3 of you vote it down. Now you know what is at stake!

I am not advising anyone how to vote nor am I a proponent either way. Vote your conscience. What I am going to do should make no difference to anyone.

I am against a strike. It is idiocy.

I'm not advocating by my posts anymore than you are. And I don't appreciate being called an idiot. Can't you be civil?

I'm not advocating by my posts anymore than you are. And I don't appreciate being called an idiot. Can't you be civil?

Come now, you have said vote no all over the place.

And you also said I brought up the strike issue, and you aren't advocating it. If you are, that is fine. I still think a strike is idiotic. Maybe I can find a more civil term.

A strike vote would be seperate, they tried that 5 1/2 years ago, they told us a no vote was a vote to go in strike, which is not true, a no vote means go back to the table.