The vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Dot

TB Lurker
Credits
All terminals pass the pay cut. Only did not was the Pennshuken {?}. I hope this is the last cut. Let hope for a better future!

All terminals pass the pay cut. Only did not was the Pennshuken {?}. I hope this is the last cut. Let hope for a better future!

Sorry pal, the flood gates are open now, MS now knows he has a bunch of :butt kiss: working for him that can be intimated by having union stewards go around telling people he'll close the doors.

I want to thank MS and the IAM, especially the wonderful BA's here at the IAM, for selling us out.

Thank you, and may u get what U deserve.

NO one sold you OUT!

Sorry pal, the flood gates are open now, MS now knows he has a bunch of :butt kiss: working for him that can be intimated by having union stewards go around telling people he'll close the doors.

I want to thank MS and the IAM, especially the wonderful BA's here at the IAM, for selling us out.

Thank you, and may u get what U deserve.

No one sold you out. If NEMF did not get this pay cut, a lot of Union workers would have been laid off, by the closing, and consolidation of terminals, plus NEMF would of stopped giving some big discounts to customers. Do the Math. We are all unhappy about giving back, but life goes on with 5% only, not 10%, or 15%, like some others, and we do have a chance to get that 5% back if any North East Trucking Co folds, we go back to the table within 6 months.

5%--really made the difference from closing the doors..come on now..watch closely the next couple of months brotha, they have started consolidating already...and lest i forget the canada brothas wiped off the map..and the b.s promise of all this freight coming from canada?????...dude canada is an importer not exporter...and nemf is a n-east carrier not national.....smoke and mirrors my friend....

Are you quoting me ?

5%--really made the difference from closing the doors..come on now..watch closely the next couple of months brotha, they have started consolidating already...and lest i forget the canada brothas wiped off the map..and the b.s promise of all this freight coming from canada?????...dude canada is an importer not exporter...and nemf is a n-east carrier not national.....smoke and mirrors my friend....

Are you quoting me ?, You guys have to learn how to read. I never said they would close the doors. I said Consolidate, No discounts, DOWN SIZE WAS THE KEY WORD

I'm not quoting u dude....ms alluded he would shut the doors and he did in canada man....their gone..not even on the website anymore..did you know them, did they have a voice...did the union fight for them..heres your answer.......no.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens

Two different things here

I'm not quoting u dude....ms alluded he would shut the doors and he did in Canada man....their gone..not even on the website anymore..did you know them, did they have a voice...did the union fight for them..heres your answer.......no.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens
You need to know the facts before assuming dude man.
And what voice to you have if a company wants to close, Where have you been?
And what Union?, a different Country Dude man.
Dude man you are way out their, some where. I suggest next time ask your, Steward, Union office, or TM before you post statements like this.
Two different things here, NOT FOR THE SAME REASONS. He closed the Canada terminals because he partnered up with a Canadian Co with 62 terminals in Canada. Now no overhead for him, and each of them get a percentage of the revenue. And we are getting a hell of lot more freight out of Canada then before.

Something is going on! All the tractors that he brought last year are starting to be prep at 68. All we need is trailers to go with them.

Ugh, again, THE CANADIAN DRIVERS DIDN'T WORK FOR NEMF!!!! They worked for a carrier that was leased on to NEMF. If you ever saw a Canadian NEMF truck, they were white, cuz they weren't owned by NEMF. How can the iam or any other union do anything for the drivers in that scenario????

with the vote being said no to in philly i have heard last night alot of people are laid off or gone already...i have noticed the moving of coverage areas at some terminals...anybody else see this?..my terminal is covering more ground than we did since elizabeth i guess has shifted their coverage area onto us...now direct runs to ohio from 52,increased freight bound for pittsburgh from the northeast coming to 52 as well...

Nobody was laid off in Philly, they are fat and happy - making 5% more than than you other "suckers", Viva la Philly!

Actually, 79 people in Philly lost their jobs. Regional manager was in yesterday and again today to tell those 79 people. There are 71 union and 8 non union people. They were given 60 days notice, only because required by law, because of it being a mass layoff. Otherwise, we would all be sitting home starting now

Yesterday NEMF filed a change of operations,

Nobody was laid off in Philly, they are fat and happy - making 5% more than than you other "suckers", Viva la Philly!

Yesterday NEMF filed a change of operations, and also filed with NJ State Dept of Labor that 71 Union workers from Philly,..... ( PENSUKEN TERM) will be LAID OFF

Will he be open to a revote? I'm sure the IAM can convince the workers to accept the 5% cut now. I still can't believe the 5% pat from 71 drivers could warrant such an extreme act! The savings is only 200k a year!!

This seems more like a spoiled tantrum from a demented old man than an strategic business move. Good luck to you guys in Philly! You can't find a place to work that is too much worse.

The Union asked NEMF about a re-vote

Will he be open to a revote? I'm sure the IAM can convince the workers to accept the 5% cut now. I still can't believe the 5% pat from 71 drivers could warrant such an extreme act! The savings is only 200k a year!!

This seems more like a spoiled tantrum from a demented old man than an strategic business move. Good luck to you guys in Philly! You can't find a place to work that is too much worse.

The Union asked NEMF about a re-vote, NEMF replied NO. The Philly workers need to draw up a petition, and NEMF can still say no. NEMF is going to have the surrounding terminals doing Philly work. In my opinion, after one year, these members will lose all their Union, and seniority rights. NEMF brings back the territory to Philly, and hires all new workers, $12 to $16 per hour, plus all the other differences in benefits.

The Union made it very clear

The Union asked NEMF about a re-vote, NEMF replied NO. The Philly workers need to draw up a petition, and NEMF can still say no. NEMF is going to have the surrounding terminals doing Philly work. In my opinion, after one year, these members will lose all their Union, and seniority rights. NEMF brings back the territory to Philly, and hires all new workers, $12 to $16 per hour, plus all the other differences in benefits.
The Union made it very clear to us that you do not want to poke MS in the eye, or call his bluff, because plan B you are not going to like, and that was told to us also by MS him self.

I hope they do let them re-vote. Unfortunately a lot of good people, that have a positive attitude, have got caught up in the fall out of poor judgment of others. M.S. is a business man, and isn't where he is, by playing games. Best wishes to all in Pennsauken.

If it is a fact that philly is being closed down it just proves how ms has the iam in his back pocket...for each terminal to negotiate seperately just shows their is no unity....i said before and i will say again it was all part of the plan to cut back...and this gives him an excuse and also shows the lame representation the workers have

Status
Not open for further replies.