XPO | The water in XCW (Fremont, IN)

monkeywrench

TB Lurker
Credits
Holy Crap, The water at the XCW terminal tastes like sewer water. The terminal got rid of all the bottled water and went to Well Water? Im not sure where their pulling it from, but its bad. All the bottled water at all the sector stands and break room are gone. They were replaced with coolers that have water lines attached to them, that run up to the ceiling, where they go from there, I dont know.
No one is drinking the water because of the taste. One cup of this crap is all it takes, you'll never try it again. The dock is extremely warm and you get thirsty pretty quickly. I went up to the break room to buy a bottle of water from the vending machine, but of course its empty because everyone is buying water out of them. So there is no water to drink anymore, unless you bring your own or enjoy drinking sewer water. All the supervisors know about this, because they've been told by everyone.
Is this what its come to? Trying to save a little money, at cost of the employees health. Terminal managers will do just about anything to get their score card numbers up.

At least there is water for the bathrooms. In XNJ (Newark NJ), they have NO water! Something about a sewage problem. Haven't had it for three weeks, and won't for another three. Can you say "port-a-potty"?

Holy Crap, The water at the XCW terminal tastes like sewer water. The terminal got rid of all the bottled water and went to Well Water? Im not sure where their pulling it from, but its bad. All the bottled water at all the sector stands and break room are gone. They were replaced with coolers that have water lines attached to them, that run up to the ceiling, where they go from there, I dont know.
No one is drinking the water because of the taste. One cup of this crap is all it takes, you'll never try it again. The dock is extremely warm and you get thirsty pretty quickly. I went up to the break room to buy a bottle of water from the vending machine, but of course its empty because everyone is buying water out of them. So there is no water to drink anymore, unless you bring your own or enjoy drinking sewer water. All the supervisors know about this, because they've been told by everyone.
Is this what its come to? Trying to save a little money, at cost of the employees health. Terminal managers will do just about anything to get their score card numbers up.

Seems to me OSHA Regulation 29CFR Section 1915 is in violation!!
Call OSHA at 1-800-321-6742
It is a requirement to provide potable (drinkable) water for the health of all employees;
free from odor, bad taste and possible harm for all employees it reads all not some if
not acceptable they will shut it down for contamination, that will cost some $ for repairs and upgrades.

Seems to me OSHA Regulation 29CFR Section 1915 is in violation!!
Call OSHA at 1-800-321-6742
It is a requirement to provide potable (drinkable) water for the health of all employees;
free from odor, bad taste and possible harm for all employees it reads all not some if
not acceptable they will shut it down for contamination, that will cost some $ for repairs and upgrades.
There you go. Make a call. Thanks blue.

Or a call to your local or state health dept.
Good News! XCW stepped up and are working on the problem. They have someone coming to see why the water tastes so bad.. They stated if they cant fix the problem, their going back to the way it was, with the jugs of water for the cooler. They even had individual bottles of water at each sector with ice coolers. They purchased pallets of water to use, till the problems fixed.

Good News! XCW stepped up and are working on the problem. They have someone coming to see why the water tastes so bad.. They stated if they cant fix the problem, their going back to the way it was, with the jugs of water for the cooler. They even had individual bottles of water at each sector with ice coolers. They purchased pallets of water to use, till the problems fixed.
What a bunch of team players, what a piece of work!

The power of the Truckingboards.com?

True story. Skids of bottled water and notes posted detailing efforts.

Its all about EBITDA and OR at your barn. The bouns now are based on your barn performance and number not company wide like Conway did. One way to lower the OR or raise the EBITDA is to cut spending on the freebies they hand out, bottle water being one of them.
Sounds like your TM is more worried about his number and bouns then the health of the employees. Good luck

Its all about EBITDA and OR at your barn. The bouns now are based on your barn performance and number not company wide like Conway did. One way to lower the OR or raise the EBITDA is to cut spending on the freebies they hand out, bottle water being one of them.
Sounds like your TM is more worried about his number and bouns then the health of the employees. Good luck

It seems there is a lot more to this story. I'm told the local water is poisoned by some industrial goo from days past. And that having water delivered was expensive and that an attempt was made to pipe in water from a municipal source at a substantial savings. Something didn't work out. And it was unforeseen. So now there is a scramble to solve the issue. The story I heard.

Call ind. And have the water tested! We did that in xml, and it was not suited for human consumption

problem identified and addressed... sorry no doom and gloom to report
water comes from a well on site, and most recently it was plumbed on to the dock to water coolers at the sector stands. Testing found an open valve within the water softener causing brine water to circulate throughout the system.

the ground water was polluted from leaking diesel fuel at the old fuel island from the old CF days. Recovery was completed earlier this year and with this completion the well water was tested and approved for drinking.

water comes from a well on site, and most recently it was plumbed on to the dock to water coolers at the sector stands. Testing found an open valve within the water softener causing brine water to circulate throughout the system.

the ground water was polluted from leaking diesel fuel at the old fuel island from the old CF days. Recovery was completed earlier this year and with this completion the well water was tested and approved for drinking.
Wow.

I'LL drink my own water...