Central Transport | The worst company ever

Safety Item...really?? it doesn't matter what you say or what excuse you use. CT just doesn't care, look at all the OSHA fines they keep getting. If they put the same amount of money from being fined back into the company most of the drivers would have good working equipment.
Like I said in my original post "Nobody in management gives a crap about the drivers " I had a buddy that worked at another terminal, his defroster, heater and other DOT required stuff didn't work. He got pulled at a scale and told them about all the stuff not working and DOT wrote it up. My buddy got written up by CT and threatened to be fired for "coaching DOT" They said they knew he coached DOT because those were things DOT don't normally inspect.
I just couldn't imagine being a billionare and making my employees drive illegal and crappy equipment because I am to cheap to care...Matty

I worked at a terminal in the Northeast for 8 years that was "downsized" because the company is run by jackasses who lick boots for a living. Our last day of work was December 23, BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER now that I think about it. If you are a driver, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND RUN unless you're desperate to drive unsafe equipment and don't mind a new pay scale every year (pay scale, not raise)

-- Thanks for the memories Matty

While hell is freezing you over in the north, it's boiling red hot down yonder in the south with no a/c in the summertime...interior truck temp actually melted a gold chain left on the dash while i went to work the dock for a few hours. With the engine heat blowing at you, one gets so nausaus, ya got to pull over just to get some breathing air. The salt from your own sweat stings your eyes and you gotta fight to keep em' open. Guess we both have the same problem with the NO DEFROST and NO HEATER MIRRORS. But, to toot our own horns, we definately can pat ourselves on the backs for being the best drivers...and/or...the stupidest (for putting up with such conditions).

Seriously then it sounds like you're a city driver. It doesn't make you a best driver to put up with the conditions. And why you leaving your gold chain on the dash??? It got hot here in Indy sometimes. Where state are you located?