ABF | the YRC threat

yrc-atm

commodities relocator
Credits
Worked on the New Penn drivers. That fat slob Hoffa knows if you need to get a pos passed just get that pig YRC to threaten to buy. Next will be carhaul. "don't want to vote in concessions? Well if you don't you will be merged with that heap yrc!" Maybe that's how Hoffa put down the organizing campaign for the office workers at IBT headquarters? Can't say I don't blame them for using the YRC card. Yellow Ruins Companies!

From what I heard, the trick worked on the ABF Teamsters in Carlisle!
What a Sad, Sad day for a barn and a Local that used to be known for courage,.....and they weren't easily cowed. Mourn the Death of the National Master Freight Agreement. Died at a young age of 60. Local #776 can be the pallbearers.....

Then why vote yes? FEAR that's the only reason If they aren't happy with it.

Your reply answers your own question. "why vote yes?", because of fear. Probably safe to say that they're not excited about the cuts. However, they are more worried about what was coming if it didn't pass. You hit on the head, FEAR.

Good job abf men. U made the right choice. Trucking board poll was the disgruntle hands. Nothin more. You guys did the right thing. Congrats

Good job abf men. U made the right choice. Trucking board poll was the disgruntle hands. Nothin more. You guys did the right thing. Congrats
Another management weasel crawls out from under his rock to gloat over people voting out of fear. You are management, aren't you? You never answered before,....you might as well shed your "bag" and tell the truth.......if telling the truth isn't too terribly painful for you. How much did you pay that Conway guy for that shirt?............And...if you're going to keep up the pretense that you're just a poor working slob from Con-Job.....How long do you think you'll have before you get your pay cut, too?......To be "competitive with ABF",...of course.......

Your reply answers your own question. "why vote yes?", because of fear. Probably safe to say that they're not excited about the cuts. However, they are more worried about what was coming if it didn't pass. You hit on the head, FEAR.

You mean YOU are not excited about cuts but YOU were afraid to take a stand

Im an observer.I find it deplorable what has happened to our brothers and sisters at ABF.That is just wrong.Next few months you probably won't hear or read nothing on how bad ABF is doing revenue wise.Wow...Is ABF hurting that bad?plllllease.Will the lawsuits be dropped now between ABF and the Union and YRC?Will that just disappear?What a scam.

Nice. Yell at me from behind your yrc-atm disguise. This sucks for everyone. You asked a question, I gave you my answer. If you don't like it, don't like it, but don't sit at your keyboard behind your avatar and bark at fellow Teamsters.

Nice. Yell at me from behind your yrc-atm disguise. This sucks for everyone. You asked a question, I gave you my answer. If you don't like it, don't like it, but don't sit at your keyboard behind your avatar and bark at fellow Teamsters.

Who's yelling? Just calling it as it is. As for hiding, I'm a Holland city driver in milwaukee, need any more info?

Well, Brother......We can't let this divide us. We WILL have another day.........our YRC Brothers are just slavering to have another vote....they won't be fooled again. And.....We ABF employees ........we will see how this plays out very quickly. Time....definately....will tell how badly we've been lied to, and terrorized into voting out of fear. We can't let this divide us, we have to keep doing a better job of educating the timid among us, because.....WE WILL have another vote........Maybe as late as 5 years from now....maybe much sooner......But WE WILL have another shot! Solidarity! Don't hate the man who voted out of fear......Educate him. If we're divided,...they will ALWAYS win..

Will the no voters walk off their job in protest?
Nooo...I'll walk out to my truck....veeerrryyyy sssllloooowwwlllyyyy......at least 7% slower than how I used to walk before.....No incentive to walk faster........I hope I'm on one of their new "secret" cameras.....I can show them a thing or two about how to do things " The rrighhhht waaaaaayyyy".......I used to do my job well.......now I'll just do my job....