ABF | the YRC threat

Good job abf men. U made the right choice. Trucking board poll was the disgruntle hands. Nothin more. You guys did the right thing. Congrats
Maybe you dident realize how close the vote was. This isn't about disgruntled employees, its about employees caring about their future something you will never understand! So do us all a favor & stay at Conway....

Maybe you dident realize how close the vote was. This isn't about disgruntled employees, its about employees caring about their future something you will never understand! So do us all a favor & stay at Conway....

I care about my future. That's why I applied at abf. Free health insurance, overtime after 8, a pension plan, being treated like a human being. I don't get any of that stuff at conway. Way I see it, abf is still the best carrier to work for. Plus ill top
Out in 2 years, and get healthy raises the
Next five years if I get the job.

I care about my future. That's why I applied at abf. Free health insurance, overtime after 8, a pension plan, being treated like a human being. I don't get any of that stuff at conway. Way I see it, abf is still the best carrier to work for. Plus ill top
Out in 2 years, and get healthy raises the
Next five years if I get the job.
Part of the dissatisfaction with that newly ratified agreement is an erosion of our ability to be treated like a human being. I am glad that you won't mind no vacation for over two years then one week for the next six, but then none of that will affect me.

ABF is still a good company with good jobs but neither is as good as they were before this contract was ratified. Rollins62, as someone who has recently put in an application you know how hard it is to get a job at ABF. The requirements are stringent and the background check is extensive. The point is now the company wants all that and to only have to compensate its employees as though they were the average employee. Only I am wrong, with the six day work week, a vacation schedule worst than its competitors, cameras in trucks, etc. the company wants more work rules with less pay (on average) than a lot of its competitors. If I were in your shoes, and looking for another job, I believe I would try FedEx or Old Dominion. I might even rethink leaving Conway.

Part of the dissatisfaction with that newly ratified agreement is an erosion of our ability to be treated like a human being. I am glad that you won't mind no vacation for over two years then one week for the next six, but then none of that will affect me.
You seem to forget my friend , your wasting your time on a troll....

You seem to forget my friend , your wasting your time on a troll....
not trolling at all. Just an abf applicant viewing from outside the box. If conway offered the benefits Ur families enjoy, I would have no reason to leave conway. As far as the cameras, I have nothin to hide. As far as the vacation, I can live with that. I addressed the issue to the interviewing terminal manager, and he has no problem giving a cc day when needed. I don't know why your trying to discourage me. I work at a shet hole already with no benefits.

ABF is still a good company with good jobs but neither is as good as they were before this contract was ratified. Rollins62, as someone who has recently put in an application you know how hard it is to get a job at ABF. The requirements are stringent and the background check is extensive. The point is now the company wants all that and to only have to compensate its employees as though they were the average employee. Only I am wrong, with the six day work week, a vacation schedule worst than its competitors, cameras in trucks, etc. the company wants more work rules with less pay (on average) than a lot of its competitors. If I were in your shoes, and looking for another job, I believe I would try FedEx or Old Dominion. I might even rethink leaving Conway.

Wait until they see what they get now, they will be hiring who ever they can get.... The pick of the litter & the intense back round checks are over. Lets see how much the insurance goes up over the next couple years due to multiple equipment malfunctions (wrecks)....

not trolling at all. Just an abf applicant viewing from outside the box. If conway offered the benefits Ur families enjoy, I would have no reason to leave conway. As far as the cameras, I have nothin to hide. As far as the vacation, I can live with that. I addressed the issue to the interviewing terminal manager, and he has no problem giving a cc day when needed. I don't know why your trying to discourage me. I work at a shet hole already with no benefits.
As a 20 year teamster, that's what im trying to prevent, you have no clue how this works & I think its time for you to butt out....

Rollin62....your previous posts haven't disappeared into the ozone, you know......all of them.......We all know how you feel about Union employees,...we all know you like to agitate and dissemble....Your remarks during these very important negotiations weren't appreciated....you showed a distinct lack of judgement by butting in to something that wasn't your business with remarks designed to inflame tempers. And.....you still never answered the question of whether or not you are management. Is that the ABF job you are applying for? And yet....you wonder why some ABF posters here dislike your interference? In my opinion,....you either have the morals of a mud turtle, or are so obtuse a diamond-tipped drill couldn't penetrate that thick skull of yours so that someone could pour in some human reasoning....

Don’t let him/her/it get to you. I don’t think he is management. I place my bet on a truck driver want-to-be who borrowed/stole a shirt from someone for a picture. It is obvious he is envious of ABF employees.

thats a solid yes vote for future givebacks if he does get hired......and you are right, just what the company wants to hear from a new hire, "sure I can live with that "

Contract won't change your lifestyle. It just bruised your ego. You're just one of the boys now doing a meaningless job that can be done for a lot less then what you are making. Nothing special. Just another jack koff
Let me guess jack off joe is back, new name same a$$hole....

This contract material should've never made it to a vote to begin with.With the supposed meetings between McReynolds and Mr.Welch during contract negotiations practically spoiled the vote.Collusion is illegal.