These Changing Times

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
PREMIUM
Credits
Back in my school years if you didn't have a rifle or shotgun in the rear window of your pickup, you weren't cool
All my high school years I had a double barrell Stevens 20ga., a model 94 Winchester .35 in my truck, driven to school daily.
Never locked the doors, seldom removed the ignition key, "I dare you to try that today"
You could draw pics. of airplane bombings, tank battles, cowboy duels, with no problems.
Today, mention gun, or draw a picture of a gun, and the SWAT Team will be on you like a chicken on a junebug, all schools for miles around go on lockdown.
Sad our country has come to this.

I started school in 1956 and graduated in 1969. My Dad went to work everyday and my Mom was a housewife. In fifth grade I had my first experience at school with a teacher and a paddle. No way would I of told my Dad. When I grew older my Dad would take me downstairs for a serious conversation when I screwed up. Remember the riots in Detroit in 1967. We lived outside of Detroit back then. My Dad went to Sears, stood in line for about an hour and came home with a new .38 pistol. No paperwork involved.
All this has changed over the years. Now parents don't or can't discipline their kids. Teachers and police have their hands tied.
When I moved to the Albuquerque area in 1981, it was a not bad small town. Now when the sun goes down, you better be careful. I live 55 miles away from Albuquerque in a small village of under 300 people. It's even starting to affect our small town.
Local kids who quit school, don't work, are breaking into homes to get money for drugs. Drugs, thats one of the biggest problem today.

I remember years ago there was a vigilante in a small Florida town that was killing drug dealers. He singlehandedly drove the drug dealers out. He was eventually caught by police. His daughter had died from a drug overdose. A dealer laced some marijuana with LSD & killed her. That dealer was the first to die. Some police were reluctant to go after him since he had done what they had been trying for years to do.

Where I live, people have been writing letters to the editor of our local paper. Shoot to kill, if we catch someone breaking into our home.

Where I live, people have been writing letters to the editor of our local paper. Shoot to kill, if we catch someone breaking into our home.
you see, unfortunately, we cannot shoot as they are entering. they gotta be inside, and facing you. you cannot shoot them in the back, as that means they were trying to get away, that's murder here, no matter what anyone else says. .

and no, you cannot shot them as they enter, then you go outside, and push the body into the house.

we also cannot shoot if they are trying to get away, like they are trying to get out of a window, or the door, you gotta let them go. as it is said they are retreating or trying to avoid more harm to themselves.

it's a slippery slope of laws, by-laws and lawsuits.

each state is different regarding these things, . and that's a fact.

you see, unfortunately, we cannot shoot as they are entering. they gotta be inside, and facing you. you cannot shoot them in the back, as that means they were trying to get away, that's murder here, no matter what anyone else says. .

and no, you cannot shot them as they enter, then you go outside, and push the body into the house.

we also cannot shoot if they are trying to get away, like they are trying to get out of a window, or the door, you gotta let them go. as it is said they are retreating or trying to avoid more harm to themselves.

About the same as N. C. law.

Taking a life is something you never really get over. Recently a man near here in his upper 70's shot an intruder after warning him to stop coming after him. The old guy was a very skilled skeet shooter that gave lessons to young people & coached competitive shooting teams. Needless to say he did not miss. The thug was on parole for breaking & entering & theft. He was a career criminal who's career in now ended. The homeowner was not charged because the autopsy showed he was coming after the old guy by the shotgun pellets entered his body.

Mentioning "president", "presidential", "bomb", "explosive", "i.e.d.", "terrorist", "cop" and other "choice words" in sentences at school, work or just standing in a line somewhere will generate all kinds of actions or activities.
P. A. does not anymore mean Public Address as it has evolved to mean PARANOID AMERICA!
- - -
If a criminal is shot in the backside while escaping a home or business then it meant said criminal WAS IN said home or business and the evidence will corroborate such at the autopsy.
The fact that some part(s) of the body remains in the building is proof.

In '90 or '91, I lived in a rooming house in Greensboro, NC and a local City Kitty told us "If you want to rid yourselves of a irritating/annoying human, get him or her IN THE HOUSE, lock the doors and do whatever you want without repercussions". Like I said, in the early 90's.
WE were unable to convince the problem to "join us inside".

A crippled criminal is still a problem and Cannibals have excellent storage facilities.

"Food" for thought.

Great discussion guys! I do remember as a child growing up seeing the gun racks in the back of pickups was a common thing. The thing is no matter how bad they crack down on the general public with all the laws a bad apple still will find weapons. People kill people not guns. When someone knows it's guns against guns they will think twice, rather than being able to shoot fish in a barrel.

Criminals have too many rights and are not scared in this country as much as they should be when thinking about committing a crime. On the other hand I think social media has caused a lot of innocent people to be unjustly convicted before given a chance.

Taking a life is something you never really get over.
I do wonder about that and I don't know if it would bother me after the fact or not and there would only be one way to find out. I despise thieves and I wouldn't mind shooting one.

Mentioning "president", "presidential", "bomb", "explosive", "i.e.d.", "terrorist", "cop" and other "choice words" in sentences at school, work or just standing in a line somewhere will generate all kinds of actions or activities.
P. A. does not anymore mean Public Address as it has evolved to mean PARANOID AMERICA!
- - -
If a criminal is shot in the backside while escaping a home or business then it meant said criminal WAS IN said home or business and the evidence will corroborate such at the autopsy.
The fact that some part(s) of the body remains in the building is proof.

In '90 or '91, I lived in a rooming house in Greensboro, NC and a local City Kitty told us "If you want to rid yourselves of a irritating/annoying human, get him or her IN THE HOUSE, lock the doors and do whatever you want without repercussions". Like I said, in the early 90's.
WE were unable to convince the problem to "join us inside".

A crippled criminal is still a problem and Cannibals have excellent storage facilities.

Afraid this won't fly today, just like Pro1driver said, if they are leaving, you can't shoot without big problems for yourself.

"Food" for thought.

Perhaps if someone knows there could be trouble, they will think twice about entering your property.
2015-07-28-1438106917-1885401-1-thumb.jpg

Yo seabreeze, when posting a response, it's best when ya post it OUTSIDE the original post OR simply add the
[ QUOTE ] [ / QUOTE ]
bits to "break up the Post" thereby generating a "clean" response. CHEERS!!...end of line

In NC we have what’s called the Castle Law. If someone breaks into your home and you feel threaten.... shoot! Because a man/woman does have the right to protect their Castle. Now if you shout them in the back you better be prepared to show how your weapon has a serious lag from the time you pull the trigger and the gun fires.

U.S. New York Post
This retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
A former Sanitation Department honcho is pulling in an astonishing $285,047-a-year pension - more than twice what he was making on the job, according to newly released data. And that’s just one of dozens of huge pension payouts revealed in records published Tuesday by the Empire Center for Public Policy - data that lay bare the city’s insanely generous pension system, the government watchdog said. “Pensions like these are unheard of in the private sector - and deserve the close scrutiny of taxpayers,” said Tim Hoefer, executive director of the Empire Center. “The long list of six-figure pensioners in the New York City Employees’ Retirement System shows just how great a burden the city has placed

U.S. New York Post
This retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
A former Sanitation Department honcho is pulling in an astonishing $285,047-a-year pension - more than twice what he was making on the job, according to newly released data. And that’s just one of dozens of huge pension payouts revealed in records published Tuesday by the Empire Center for Public Policy - data that lay bare the city’s insanely generous pension system, the government watchdog said. “Pensions like these are unheard of in the private sector - and deserve the close scrutiny of taxpayers,” said Tim Hoefer, executive director of the Empire Center. “The long list of six-figure pensioners in the New York City Employees’ Retirement System shows just how great a burden the city has placed
more than two times his former salary.??

so as a JANITOR, he made what, nearly $143,000 per year..??

bad, broken back or not, sign me up.....