SAIA | They are hiring

Unfortunately they evidently don’t hire union drivers.
I am at Abf. Been here for almost 10 years. No accidents and perfect driving record

I am wanting to leave Abf due to of course union environment is just ridiculous.

But I guess I am not getting in

I have applied 5 different times between January and March

I am at Abf. Been here for almost 10 years. No accidents and perfect driving record

I am wanting to leave Abf due to of course union environment is just ridiculous.

Your statement about the union makes no sense!Would you care to elaborate?

If you don’t like the Union environment, then why did you hang around for ten years? You most likely could have found work at a non-Union company had you been applying before 2023 when the freight industry in general started slowing down!!!

I would bet that he does not drive for ABF. But of course he could prove it by simply showing a pay stub. Just my opinion. Are you game to prove it?

If you don’t like the Union environment, then why did you hang around for ten years? You most likely could have found work at a non-Union company had you been applying before 2023 when the freight industry in general started slowing down!!!
With all due respect, can we not get this going here? A Teamster’s issue with the union has no place on non union page.

Edit: I was local *** for twenty years and had no issue getting hired.

don't give up. that signs been up a while. They are probably slow right now but should start picking up in spring and summer.

You will never get in my lawsuit against SAIA over Union member discrimination was dismissed by Summary Judgement.

You will never get in my lawsuit against SAIA over Union member discrimination was dismissed by Summary Judgement.
Hmm that would be hard to prove. All they got to say is they hired enough already or you didn't meet their criteria or something along that line. Ive seen ex union guys get hired on at O.D and Estes is don't see why Saia would be any different. Back in the day if you tried to get on at a union company but didn't want to join the union they made it hard on you as well. I was told by a Yellow driver if i didn't join the union to keep my mouth shut about it. They never called me so i didn't get the job. I see how that door could swing both ways and neither is right if that's what is happening.

What? You have no problem posting on union boards. I will leave it at that.
Absolutely, I do. As a former, long term member; I have a point of view. I avoid blatantly negative comments, instead offering “insight”. What I responded to might’ve been the beginning of a union member bashing the union. What the heck does that have to do with Saia?

Edit: I recall vehemently defending labor regarding Yellow. I guess I’ll leave well enough alone.

Last edited:
Absolutely, I do. As a former, long term member; I have a point of view. I avoid blatantly negative comments, instead offering “insight”. What I responded to might’ve been the beginning of a union member bashing the union. What the heck does that have to do with Saia?

Edit: I recall vehemently defending labor regarding Yellow. I guess I’ll leave well enough alone.
Because your acting like a mod.