TForce | They are not Bluffing.

FRTCHUCKER

TB Regular
Credits
Due to the current actions of our company, Those of which I have never seen used as a ploy by any Large company. I must with all honesty Retract my former recommendation to vote no. I couldn't care less if I'm out on my ass tomorrow due to the doors being closed on the 12th. I will be employed within 5 days of that happening. I do however feel that the purposeful destruction of business that the company has began to engage in is Disturbing on a almost sadistic Level . The Giant Bear will Bite your head off if you poke it again. Are you guys Ready to start over? Dock positions at the top non union carriers start at $13-$14 an hour with marginal health benefits that you will pay $2500-$4000 a year for. our non red circle full time Dock workers are making almost $23 with top of the heap benefits and a pension. You red circled dock workers are over $26. you will not replace your income . We made them blink with the first no Vote and they gave in on the pension and vacation concessions along with adding the paid for your classification if forced to work the dock language. A good effort was made and its time to Leave the table with those chips. Just my honest opinion. Good luck

Exactly what UPS wants to see happen.
They want the NO voters to weaken and cave in.
This is the new way to intimidate us while sustaining the relationship with customers. Those customers have freight and small package deals. This is uncharted territory for us all. Lots of people will soon throw in the towel and cave in. I’m still voting NO because it’s still a crap contract.

Bottom line is vote your conscience. A vote either way is better than not voting at all.

I respectfully disagree. In the event of a work stoppage that lasts less than 2 weeks we will lose 30% of our full time Teamsters to Layoffs. they might call back 10% of those Teamsters by Xmas. every week the Gates are closed you can add 10% to those numbers of Laid off workers. So in fact what you guys are advocating is sacrificing the bottom 25% who are most likely stuck in a Lower rate of the pay Progression. Just because you are raking it in at Top scale and able to save for a rainy day means squat to Lower seniority Folks that will bear the brunt of your Selfish actions. Teamsters are a collective and the Extreme wing of our group is starting to be exposed like the American Leftist groups have been over the last 2 years.

How long is it been since you've been to the bottom 25%? Every one of them I knew it wasn't doing all that great. What's there to lose?

That attitude is Exactly what I mean. Thanks for confirming it.
Sounds like the new guys the company man on here trying to promote the company witches what if you go over to the New England Motor Freight Ford they did the same thing the owner threatened them to close it down if they didn't vote yet and guess what happened

This will be a long strike. Make no mistake about that. It will easly be after Thanksgiving. Why would UPS bring us back when they could not pay us 2 days holiday?

How many of you know that New England Motor Freight,was once Associated,Eastern.
The largest union LTL back in the day,you can still see NEMF pulling the old Eastern trailers.

We teamster drivers working at other union LTL's could not believe it when this giant of an LTL closed their doors.

Then years later came back as a non-teamsters union company,tagging on with a union that wasn't worth much.
Now days NEMF are still hanging on & would love to move some of UPS's LTL.

As an observer and brother, I applaud the resolve of those who choose to stand firm. I also realize the incredible deep pockets of UPS. How many of my brothers and sisters will choose to defect to YRC or elsewhere, when push comes to shove? The freight will go somewhere and YRC is seriously understaffed, but vying for an increased share of the market. With that said, winter is coming. We would welcome all that would make the jump.
As unattractive an option we may appear, our family values may appeal to some.