They do exist/Friday wrap up

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,

Item #1: They do exist double R will be pleased to know and I will have to get a picture of this, but Northern Hasserot Brandt Food Service of Ohio does have Volvo Semi Tractors, I saw my very first one today while I was on my way back in.

Item #2: Does the sales department at your places of employment ever make bogus calls and decisions that tick off customers? I know mine does.

Hi guys,

Item #1: They do exist double R will be pleased to know and I will have to get a picture of this, but Northern Hasserot Brandt Food Service of Ohio does have Volvo Semi Tractors, I saw my very first one today while I was on my way back in.

Item #2: Does the sales department at your places of employment ever make bogus calls and decisions that tick off customers? I know mine does.
#1: I want a picture or it didn't happen, LOL. And there is a reason why those SOB's got them Volvos. ;-)
#2: Every freaking day and yet I am seriously considering taking a year and trying sales. I must be nuts or something, LOL

I right there with you brother R. I went on my companies website to see what they had in the sales department and what was available. Where I work those people are in absolute turmoil! I had to drag 3 kegs of beer out of a customers basement because of there lack of caring and just plain neglect.
Most of the time I have no idea what they are out on the road doing.

What's worse was, one time the sales department decided oh what the heck and sent as one of my customer put it "some goobber" into the bars and he waddled in there and went "I'm here what, do you want?" The bar manager said "Well what's good what kind of things do you have that are new or on sale?" He replied "I don't know, you want anything?"

Look I ran a carpet cleaning business for 4 years of my life, I like to think I know a thing or two about taking care of customers and I also did inside sales for a metal fabricating shop I used to work at, I got on the telephone and called all kinds of office furniture dealerships all around the country, because where I worked we made office furniture hardware and I helped us gain some customers, so I do have it in my back ground. From cold calling by the way if you ever need to gain a new account and I did this with my carpet cleaning business and it worked, go to the Entimans day old bread store and buy the chocolate cake they have for sale and pass them out trust me it does work I gained a golf course as a customer out of it!

Any how I think I could do a better job, then half the clowns, but I wonder is how much of there not caring is because management isn't managing correctly?

Of course I already have some ideas and thoughts on how I think I could improve the whole sales process and a lot of it is common sense which is in short supply these days or so it seems.

I right there with you brother R. I went on my companies website to see what they had in the sales department and what was available. Where I work those people are in absolute turmoil! I had to drag 3 kegs of beer out of a customers basement because of there lack of caring and just plain neglect.
Most of the time I have no idea what they are out on the road doing.

What's worse was, one time the sales department decided oh what the heck and sent as one of my customer put it "some goobber" into the bars and he waddled in there and went "I'm here what, do you want?" The bar manager said "Well what's good what kind of things do you have that are new or on sale?" He replied "I don't know, you want anything?"

Look I ran a carpet cleaning business for 4 years of my life, I like to think I know a thing or two about taking care of customers and I also did inside sales for a metal fabricating shop I used to work at, I got on the telephone and called all kinds of office furniture dealerships all around the country, because where I worked we made office furniture hardware and I helped us gain some customers, so I do have it in my back ground. From cold calling by the way if you ever need to gain a new account and I did this with my carpet cleaning business and it worked, go to the Entimans day old bread store and buy the chocolate cake they have for sale and pass them out trust me it does work I gained a golf course as a customer out of it!

Any how I think I could do a better job, then half the clowns, but I wonder is how much of there not caring is because management isn't managing correctly?

Of course I already have some ideas and thoughts on how I think I could improve the whole sales process and a lot of it is common sense which is in short supply these days or so it seems.

Here if a driver wants to try sells and don't like it before a year is up, he goes right back to his old route and keeps his seniority. My new supervisor(my old supervisor is now officially the new VP) went the driver to sales route. Didn't like it and went back to driver them took a supervisor position in the warehouse. If this guy can actually find our yard and comes and visits, I am going to ask him to give me all the details. Last supervisor(new VP) found our yard twice in the two years that I have been here, LOL.