XPO | they keep asking for more

Spartan8989

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it just me or does it seem like the company keeps asking for more stuff to be done (mostly on the outbound side) and that we do it faster? Its just getting to be too much. When I first started with 10 yrs ago we used to be all about moving freight. Now its all about how much more can we have DSR's do along with moving freight and do it faster. At our barn we have sometimes we have to measure the freight on full 53ft trailers while breaking it, then put special safe stack stickers all over customers freight. We designate one DSR every night to just walk around and re-measure all the freight we just measured! LOL. Heck, we even have 1 customer that we have to do the shrinkwrapping for them on our own dock. Then they can't figure out why were never on time anymore. What is going on?

management is bored,and as they say idle hands are the devils playground.when we get some freight all of these silly little extra steps will be forgotten.....

Is it just me or does it seem like the company keeps asking for more stuff to be done (mostly on the outbound side) and that we do it faster? Its just getting to be too much. When I first started with 10 yrs ago we used to be all about moving freight. Now its all about how much more can we have DSR's do along with moving freight and do it faster. At our barn we have sometimes we have to measure the freight on full 53ft trailers while breaking it, then put special safe stack stickers all over customers freight. We designate one DSR every night to just walk around and re-measure all the freight we just measured! LOL. Heck, we even have 1 customer that we have to do the shrinkwrapping for them on our own dock. Then they can't figure out why were never on time anymore. What is going on?
Don't forget about re-weighs

look at it this way. whatever they want you to do you get paid for it. at our terminel we have 5 guys that walk around and check out the safe stack outbound trailer, 3 guys that remeasure the freight, 4 weight and messurment people, at least 4 lean teams that each have at least 8 guys on a team and they are looking for more.. with that being said, it looks like we are an employment agency and we move freight on the side, so just do what you are told and collect a paycheck.

You have not seen nothing yet

Tried to tell everyone 6 years ago, but only 156 people would listen. Out of the 156, 121 have left, and are doing fine. The bad day that you will be looking for is about 5 years down the road yet. Have a great day. Hope everthing works out for everyone.

Tried to tell everyone 6 years ago, but only 156 people would listen. Out of the 156, 121 have left, and are doing fine. The bad day that you will be looking for is about 5 years down the road yet. Have a great day. Hope everthing works out for everyone.

There are thousands of us that stayed, and we are doing great. Its actually good to hear from you again. Miss the conspiracies. Pop back in before the 21st, when the world is supposed to end.

There are thousands of us that stayed, and we are doing great. Its actually good to hear from you again. Miss the conspiracies. Pop back in before the 21st, when the world is supposed to end.

If we're doing so great then why are they letting on like this place is going to go belly up if we don't do this and this and this and this and this and don't forget this... Or is this just some bs game they're playing with us because they don't care if we have a record year, it's never enough? Oh, wait I think I answered my own question.

If we're doing so great then why are they letting on like this place is going to go belly up if we don't do this and this and this and this and this and don't forget this... Or is this just some bs game they're playing with us because they don't care if we have a record year, it's never enough? Oh, wait I think I answered my own question.
He said a lot left, and were fine. I was just trying to say that there are a lot that didn't quit and are doing fine. Lawofone said the company will be gone six years ago..and we're still here. He's a conspiracy theorist. He probably thinks that there was only one shooter in the JFK assassination. There were two shooters, weren't there. :|

He said a lot left, and were fine. I was just trying to say that there are a lot that didn't quit and are doing fine. Lawofone said the company will be gone six years ago..and we're still here. He's a conspiracy theorist. He probably thinks that there was only one shooter in the JFK assassination. There were two shooters, weren't there. :|

What'd he say??? :confused:

I don't Got an Issue with doing more the Issue I have is with Doing Redundant **** that don't help our Bottom line the **** that is a complete Waste of time and Money yea I know Why Complain about it I am Getting Paid For it And You Are Right but they also gonna Run us outta Business doing this **** !! I would Prefer to do Productive **** that helps our Bottom line Rather than Hurt it and we all know the Stupid **** I'm Talking bout !!

You get these college people to be in management never drove a truck prolly never even sat in one and they try to make a name for themselves by adding stupid stuff for us to do cuz it saves money on paper but I'm just a stupid truck driver

I've finally drawn my line. What u see is what you get period....... My personal safety and my co workers safety. They want faster results,they better spread work load evenly, better numbers = better planing.to many chiefs and not enough indians

Conspiracy theorist, don`t think so. I do my research and have asked everyone to do there own research. A while back when I was posting I had to write in a round about way, because of the law suit, and could not say what really was going on. It is not that I don`t care about the people that I have contact with at con-way, I wish them and everyone else the best, we each have to walk in our own shoes. For entertainment purposes let us talk about the 5% of con-way freight that was said that it would not go much higher on the long box`s. How is that working out? Is it still at 5 to 8%, or is it at 30 to 43%? Just asking. I follow the flow of the money with your company, who pulls the strings, who are the players, who they have contact with, who sets on what boards, etc., etc.. JFK, it might have been three shooters, have not researched it. I did not say 6 years ago that the company would fold, go back and archive what events would come about as time went along. No con-way will be around for some time yet, but it will change in nature. Have a good day.