Reddaway | they may not be able to force a pay cut

Actually the shaded thing is true and it was one of the people from the Governors office. Believe me in Ca you have more than rights than anywhere. Sometimes they even make them up............:popcorn:

This has nothing to do with the union and I personally would have preferred the union in Sac but that's not the case so this is a non-union issue and a debate about union or not has nothing to do with it and adds nothing to the discussion of what the original post is about.

This post is about the company forceing the nonunion employees to take a pay cut and ASKING the master freight if they will. And if you can keep the company from that if your non union. And you wont ! With that being said your right about this post being hijacked but sometimes i cant help myself !

asking?

This post is about the company forceing the nonunion employees to take a pay cut and ASKING the master freight if they will. And if you can keep the company from that if your non union. And you wont ! With that being said your right about this post being hijacked but sometimes i cant help myself !
you call that asking? when they TELL you take a paycut or we will close the doors on you, that don't sound like a politely "asked" question. I say call the bluff and vote no, if they close the doors good, they dont need to be in business anyway,I for one have marketable skills and can adapt to my ever changing environment..:nutkick:

Thats ok. I was just trying to keep it on track just in case anyone else is interested in helping the poster and seeing what can be done. Trying to be as neutral as possible.

I myself say union.

if you roll over your gonna get run over. at some point you have to say enough is enough!!!

The problem is Cali is NOT a right to work state. Therefore, any company can terminate you, reduce your wages, cut your hours etc. for no reason. As long as its not discimination, it's legal.

I tend to agree with you. People need to learn how to fight for themselves. But that's no longer the world we live in. People depend on others to fight for them.

The problem is Cali is NOT a right to work state. Therefore, any company can terminate you, reduce your wages, cut your hours etc. for no reason. As long as its not discimination, it's legal.

I tend to agree with you. People need to learn how to fight for themselves. But that's no longer the world we live in. People depend on others to fight for them.

Here's the thing though. CA may not be a right to work state but it does give workers way more rights than most states and way more rights than people think. That's what we have been talking about. The labor board and who knows who else has won many a battle for people against their employers. Time and time again, even if they shouldn't have. Its also the most touchy feely give everyone what they want state. I guess that's why most migrate here.

you call that asking? when they TELL you take a paycut or we will close the doors on you, that don't sound like a politely "asked" question. I say call the bluff and vote no, if they close the doors good, they dont need to be in business anyway,I for one have marketable skills and can adapt to my ever changing environment..:nutkick:

1st No one has said anything about closing anything 2nd we VOTE on our pay package and (so far) the company has not said anything about a pay cut. 3rd If you drive for ANY major LTL company then you have (marketable skills). So what ! look around your not alone !!

if your under the yrcw umbrella your probably gonna take the 10%cut

Maybe some day after we sign a new contract they will ask us to vote on a paycut. Until we vote every check I get convinces me more and more its good to be a Teamster and make 10% more.
Later, Bam

1st No one has said anything about closing anything 2nd we VOTE on our pay package and (so far) the company has not said anything about a pay cut. 3rd If you drive for ANY major LTL company then you have (marketable skills). So what ! look around your not alone !!
1st thing dude, yes they did..YRC said to the teamsters take a cut or we shut the doors..thats why it passed. 2nd you will NOT get to vote on your wage reduction... and 3rd My marketable skills that I speak of, have nothing to do with driving a truck, My other skills will allow me to make more money than this job that I CHOOSE to do..... Understand me now pal? !!!!!:clap:

1st thing dude, yes they did..YRC said to the teamsters take a cut or we shut the doors..thats why it passed. 2nd you will NOT get to vote on your wage reduction... and 3rd My marketable skills that I speak of, have nothing to do with driving a truck, My other skills will allow me to make more money than this job that I CHOOSE to do..... Understand me now pal? !!!!!:clap:

Now i understand !! Your just on here and driving line for FUN. :hysterical::butt kiss:

hay don't pick on the pinto...its a classic
unlike my rag top gto

I can't believe you said Pinto in the same sentence as GTO...
Wasn't the Pinto the original rear end collision bomb???. I shouldn't make too much fun I had a Chevette in my youth... That was Chevy's answer for the Pinto.
Seeya, Bam

they put the pointy end of bolt for the fuel tank strap facing the tank, so when the pinto got rear ended the bolt punctured the tank.