Reddaway | they may not be able to force a pay cut

I can't believe you said Pinto in the same sentence as GTO...
Wasn't the Pinto the original rear end collision bomb???. I shouldn't make too much fun I had a Chevette in my youth... That was Chevy's answer for the Pinto.
Seeya, Bam

I THOUGHT THE VEGA WAS THE CHEVY ANSWER TO THE PINTO?!:Flame-On:

The Pinto was first, then came the Vega and finally the Chevette. I had a buddy that had a nice Vega, it had a blown 427 big block in it. The motor was half of the car, lol. It was quick, very quick.

The Ford Pinto was a subcompact manufactured by the Ford Motor Company for the North American market, first introduced on September 11, 1970, and built through the 1980 model year.

The Chevrolet Vega was a subcompact car sold from 1971 through 1977.

Production of the Chevette in the US started in late 1975 for the 1976 model year.

Brother in law had a 70 1/2 split bumper Z28. Only a few made. He sold it to his cousin and he totaled it. What a doofus. I would have never gotten rid of that one. Any one but that one. i was all stock and cool as hell.........

Brother in law had a 70 1/2 split bumper Z28. Only a few made. He sold it to his cousin and he totaled it. What a doofus. I would have never gotten rid of that one. Any one but that one. i was all stock and cool as hell.........

My brother had one too, it was a gold color... cool as hell!!! I have two Trans Am's... A 78 and a 2001. Sold my 84 Z-28 five years ago. I would like to buy a Pontiac G-8 GT... check this car out... some serious horsepower and rear wheel drive.:clap:

My brother had one too, it was a gold color... cool as hell!!! I have two Trans Am's... A 78 and a 2001. Sold my 84 Z-28 five years ago. I would like to buy a Pontiac G-8 GT... check this car out... some serious horsepower and rear wheel drive.:clap:

The brother in law had his custom painter this deep metallic green with black racing stripes of course. Hard to imagine its gone.

I now want the new Dodge Challenger. Unfortunately it costs a small fortune.

Chevy made the Citation,worse than the Vega.

The Chevy Citation was probably designed from the Yugo's blueprints? :biglaugh:

Citation: 1980

250px-Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg

Yugo: 1978
250px-Yugo_Koral.jpg

Chevy made the Citation,worse than the Vega.

vega's had an aluminum engine block and a cast iron cylinder head. when they sprung a coolant leak they would run out of water and never show signs of overheating until it was way too late. thus you had an engine block warped and had to scrap the whole engine. If you kept watch on the coolant the engines were pretty tough.

vega's had an aluminum engine block and a cast iron cylinder head. when they sprung a coolant leak they would run out of water and never show signs of overheating until it was way too late. thus you had an engine block warped and had to scrap the whole engine. If you kept watch on the coolant the engines were pretty tough.

Most guys didn't mind scrapping that motor in favor of a big V-8..... Everyone knew/knows somebody with a V-8 Vega..... Very Cool.... Seeya, Bam