XPO | Thieves and Cheats

Nighthawk

TB Lurker
Credits
When I came to Con-way I thought it was a great place to work.Well as the months went by I found out that it was not.I'm on the flex board and I tell you what I have seen so many people quit because they got sick and tired of the bulls**t that management has done and the way they have been treated.Alot of people do not want to work the dock especially the flex guys including myself.I know alot of of people that have left to go to FedEx and UPS.Con-way claims to be so much better than other companies and to be straight forward I don't see it.4.2 billion don't even come close to DHL,FedEx,or UPS.So all you people who think Con-way is great well I guess your working for a company who will eventually sell you out and laugh about it all the way to the bank.When my day comes to work the dock well that will be the day I walk.So you all will find out soon enough.I know I'm alot smarter than those clowns up in Ann Arbor.:nutkick:

well don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

you knew going in you had to work the dock. so why did you take the job???????

we got about 5 guys in our terminal that came over CCX. one already made the list and the four others are casuals that work everyday. they all pretty much said the same thing : CCX is a garbage job to work for. of course working for NP reinforced all of their theories. not one guy that i've met, ex-employees or current, has said anything positive about working there. usually i hear that they're just trying trying to get some experience under their belts so that they can come over to a union co. so i can agree somewhat with what Nighthawk is talking about.

I've run with two guys that worked there. They said they loved it except for two things:
1. 5.3 years to top scale.
2. Being to rushed to the terminals.
Anyone who goes to work at a non-union company these days has to know they are going to work the dock

ftaf08 said:
I've run with two guys that worked there. They said they loved it except for two things:
Anyone who goes to work at a non-union company these days has to know they are going to work the dock
What other non-third party company works the dock.I thought it was us(team C.F.) and FXF that did it.

ftaf08 said:

yeah, being rushed back to the tm. is true & ridiculous at the same time. their tm. by me wants their drivers back between 6 & 6:30 no matter how many returns they got. also, i understand they get some type of bonus after 4 yrs. of service but they ride you so hard, you quit, and you never get to see the bonus.

Nighthawk said:
When I came to Con-way I thought it was a great place to work.Well as the months went by I found out that it was not.I'm on the flex board and I tell you what I have seen so many people quit because they got sick and tired of the bulls**t that management has done and the way they have been treated.Alot of people do not want to work the dock especially the flex guys including myself.I know alot of of people that have left to go to FedEx and UPS.Con-way claims to be so much better than other companies and to be straight forward I don't see it.4.2 billion don't even come close to DHL,FedEx,or UPS.So all you people who think Con-way is great well I guess your working for a company who will eventually sell you out and laugh about it all the way to the bank.When my day comes to work the dock well that will be the day I walk.So you all will find out soon enough.I know I'm alot smarter than those clowns up in Ann Arbor.:nutkick:
I hate to sound like a company man.We all knew when we started here we would work the dock,That what we do.:tribehasspoken:

Nighthawk said:
Hey I love the dock work? I hate the driving part.

why is everyone too good to work the dock. its good money, its easy work ( mostly all skids now) and the flexability is how CF,FXF,ODFL, and other non union companies are taking market share...flexability. its not all drivers,and it doesnt last long..long i mean a year or two and your usually up high enough in seniority that you dont have to work the dock much.

i did not konw you guys had to do your own dock work. we at jevic are non-union and we have dock guys its not just union companys that have dock workers

wtnmale650 said:
why is everyone too good to work the dock. its good money, its easy work ( mostly all skids now) and the flexability is how CF,FXF,ODFL, and other non union companies are taking market share...flexability. its not all drivers,and it doesnt last long..long i mean a year or two and your usually up high enough in seniority that you dont have to work the dock much.
humm i wonder why u move up in seniority so fast at companys like fxf,odfl, an,cornflake, humm can some 1 tell me why.:rolleyes:

UnionTrucka said:
yeah, being rushed back to the tm. is true & ridiculous at the same time. their tm. by me wants their drivers back between 6 & 6:30 no matter how many returns they got. also, i understand they get some type of bonus after 4 yrs. of service but they ride you so hard, you quit, and you never get to see the bonus.
?????
if your talking about are icp we get that every year.
and i got news for you. i don't rush to the fac or do i rush to get home.i have yet to have a scm or fos ride me hard about anything.

DOLLAR BILL said:
humm i wonder why u move up in seniority so fast at company's like fxf,odfl, an,cornflake, humm can some 1 tell me why.:rolleyes:
first off "cornflake" is out of business so there's no turn over there.
now if your talking about turn over at con-way freight it because people don't want to wait 5.3 years to get to top pay.
as far as odfl i can say much because they were always good to me just low pay.

gfy said:
I hate to sound like a company man.We all knew when we started here we would work the dock,That what we do.:tribehasspoken:
that correct your told up font your going to be working the dock in one form or anther.weather it be inbound,outbound or FAC but your going to work the dock.

brutus said:
?????
if your talking about are icp we get that every year.
and i got news for you. i don't rush to the fac or do i rush to get home.i have yet to have a scm or fos ride me hard about anything.

first off, relax. im just relaying the messages i get from your co-workers up here. they're the ones that talk like this when i see them at the same stops. i could care less about any non-union job to be quite honest but if it works for you, God Bless. i tell you what, every guy i met that works for YRC,ABF,
UPS, that were formally employed by CCX is damn sure glad they left. i just never heard a good word about that place. sorry.

it is not just the dock

alot of people talking about dock work, i love working the dock. Yu still make the same amount of money, so dock is not my problem. my problem is hours, it is june and we still not getting alot of hours. guys went on vacation and it is still slow, this tuesday i only got 2 hours and 46 mins. to me that is crazy, i like this company but i have to move on. i cannot tell the bill collector that i am not getting alot of hours so i cannot pay them. i have a family and bills to pay, guys that do not understand what we are saying just put urself in our shoes.

jamrock said:
alot of people talking about dock work, i love working the dock. Yu still make the same amount of money, so dock is not my problem. my problem is hours, it is june and we still not getting alot of hours. guys went on vacation and it is still slow, this tuesday i only got 2 hours and 46 mins. to me that is crazy, i like this company but i have to move on. i cannot tell the bill collector that i am not getting alot of hours so i cannot pay them. i have a family and bills to pay, guys that do not understand what we are saying just put urself in our shoes.
From what I've been hearing from other drivers from all companies its been slow everywhere. At yellow in Chicago i only worked 4 days last week and two weeks ago only 2 days where as up to about a month ago I was running on my rest as long as I had hours. So I feel your pain and am in a similar situation, just with a different company. As far as working the dock goes I dont mind it. I don't do it anymore, but when I worked at Mid-States I did. I guess the point I was trying to make earlier is that at most companies websites under the job description it says wether or not dock work is required union or not. So Nighthawk, if you knew going into the job that some dockwork would be required I dont see the point in being upset about it.

jamrock said:
Do they tell you before your shift starts that you will not get a full days work ? If so can you pass & work the day for some other company ?

UnionTrucka said:
................. i tell you what, every guy i met that works for YRC,ABF,
UPS, that were formally employed by CCX is damn sure glad they left. i just never heard a good word about that place. sorry.

I'm sure anyone who has left one job for another won't say he wished he would have stayed on with his previous company. You need to expand your horizons and talk to the drivers who work at the non-union companies more.