XPO | Things are terrible at my barn.

Class 1 terminal way out west, lots of work. Close to the ports etc is an advantage. I hope things pick up for you.

We had 17 with no runs last night.
8 less day runs today
And the 2 day freight bill count is way down. This has been going on for a while now. It appears that the freight is being routed around us.

Try not to panic guys. I know it sucks, Jenny is right. Freight is down all over. Just try to stay positive in your situation and at your barn.

We had 17 with no runs last night.
8 less day runs today
And the 2 day freight bill count is way down. This has been going on for a while now. It appears that the freight is being routed around us.
Its slow out here also, we didn't have guys off untill January, we started early this year
Out here being the north east that is!

I saw a nature video of a polar bear, after swimming 25 miles over open ocean to an island where he knew walruses would be hold up, silently came ashore down wind on the opposite end of the island where the walruses were. The bear then crept over rocks and other terrain advancing to within striking distance of the walrus herd. But he didn't make his move immediately. The bear had to choose his target, a pup, and to wait till the herd had settled down and was nearly asleep. This drama sticks in my mind because the narrator then said this about the bear..."He is ALL PATIENCE". And when the conditions were absolutely perfect, the bear attacked and overpowered a young pup walrus in spite of its mother defense and sustained himself for another day in the unforgiving Arctic. All that to say this,1) just to reiterate and emphasize what's already been stated on this thread, "the economy is weak, hence freight is scarce everywhere". 2) We need to be like the polar bear in being, "ALL PATIENCE," in allowing Mr. Jacobs' game plan to gear up. He's got plans to get into 'Economy LTL', which will take time. He's got plans to restructure and integrate both Conway and XPO, which will take time. He is building his sales team and educating them on cross selling all his combined service offerings, which will take time. He's got his two LTL's, the one in Europe and the other here in N. America, hammering out 'best practices' that will ensure efficient and maximum freight flow between the two continents, which will take some time . Guys, its only been two whole weeks since XPO took the reigns, not two years or two decades. Give it some time!!! When this global corporation, 'BIG RED,' starts firing on all cylinders, you'll have all the work you can handle, and then some. Until then, remember ...' ALL PATIENCE.'

Don't mean to crash your party guys but it's the same over here it's super slow everywhere had a buddy in Greenville sc that works for southeastern say they cut 10 the other night it's bad real bad everywhere

Good Story Vetran peddleman, Most likely what is going to happen. I also believe we are in for a recession this winter much like the one in 07,08. I sure al hell hope not thou.

We have 2 to 4 off at night, 2 to 6 off during the day.
FFX, busy as heck. bringing guys in from the mid-west to do P-D-, and run linehaul . This would be in the northeast. Xtra runs combined w/vias to cover shortage of drivers all aroundhere.

It's all of the Freight industry; it is not just you guys. THE ECONOMY SUCKS. It's not BOOMING like Obama says!
Not really,,,, Con-Way, not other freight companies, lost about 8% market share, from their top. With the amount of freight they haul, that's not a small number. And that manifests itself as NO FREIGHT TO HAUL, for a lot of drivers

We are slow too. I was curious if any other terminals have this situation........... we have driver not getting 8hrs on some days and dock workers working overtime. Is this supposed to happen? We've also have dock workers working overtime on the dock but drivers arent allowed to work the dock on overtime

The whole freight industry is faltering right now, guys. The economy is not in good shape at all, and we can even feel it here in Canada. Cheap oil and a backlog of warehoused ::shit:: that nobody is buying.

It'll bounce back though, in due time. It always does.

We tried that in the past. Over stuffed trailers full of freight that doesn't pay. It was a crappy time.

FedEx was doing the same thing back then. They will fill their lanes regardless of what it costs. LTL freight is such a small segment of what they do. They can afford to buy customers and put the screws to the rest of us when things get light.

Hey, It's slow at my company one day and struggling to cover it all the next. I usually try to pick up a extra run some Saturdays . I called Linehaul 3 times this morning and wasn't able to get anything. But we hired 2 ???