XPO | Things are terrible at my barn.

If we had a union we would be making 85%. But at least we might have a sense of direction. That's a fair trade. ( sarcasm )

Holland is the only carrier here in Cowtown still hiring. Everyone else is frozen and looking at possible layoffs. If you are interested in driving equipment with 2 million miles and maxing your log I have good news. They say they will hire in at top out. Twenty dollars and change an hour. But they only work 60 hours a week in the city. So call it $21. Times 40. $840. Then 20 hours OT. $630 more. Looking at $1470 a week. Not bad, at all. Oh, but then you have to remember that you gotta pay those union dues and that you are the new guy and so the union is useless to you other than telling you to be glad you have a job and that maybe you might move up some day.

The above " information " is completely hearsay. Strictly driver to driver. Word of mouth. I have not and would not inquire about a job under the YRC umbrella.
Not going to start a union/non debate but why do you keep using yrc for your analogy why not use ups or even abf? I see lots of new equipment rolling up & down the interstate from both companys and those union dues you speak of its a small price to pay for healthcare and pension ( Im not in central states)

Not going to start a union/non debate but why do you keep using yrc for your analogy why not use ups or even abf? I see lots of new equipment rolling up & down the interstate from both companys and those union dues you speak of its a small price to pay for healthcare and pension ( Im not in central states)

Around here ABF is very small. Had a guy that left us for them about four years ago. Got laid off this summer. At one point he had 6 under him. And then the bottom crept back up on him.

UPS is it's own thing with it's own union and it's own rules. It's impossible to compare them to anything else. Size, scope or scale. Just so big.

Congrats on not being in CSPF. Many are not so lucky.

I point to this company ( YRCW and its different operating units ) because I'm not that old and it hasn't been that long ago that this group of companies was hard to get a job at , and a lot of drivers wanted to work there. I have friends there as well as other LTLs , and I hate to see them loose so much without anyone being held accountable. And there are clearly those on top that could and SHOULD pay a price.

It's very similar to the mortgage crisis several years ago in this way - I turn on 60 Minutes ( one of the most popular TV shows ) and see the fraud , the people responsible , the paper trail in the mortgage crisis , yet NO ONE GOES TO JAIL?

Now , all of these retired and active union people are looking at a giant chunk of their retirement gone and nobody's responsible? Really? Wow.

I point to this company ( YRCW and its different operating units ) because I'm not that old and it hasn't been that long ago that this group of companies was hard to get a job at , and a lot of drivers wanted to work there. I have friends there as well as other LTLs , and I hate to see them loose so much without anyone being held accountable. And there are clearly those on top that could and SHOULD pay a price.

It's very similar to the mortgage crisis several years ago in this way - I turn on 60 Minutes ( one of the most popular TV shows ) and see the fraud , the people responsible , the paper trail in the mortgage crisis , yet NO ONE GOES TO JAIL?

Now , all of these retired and active union people are looking at a giant chunk of their retirement gone and nobody's responsible? Really? Wow.
I dont disagree with anything you said, someone should pay for this. Im union & what`s wrong is wrong this current slate MUST be voted out! They need new blood & get rid of corrupt image they portray ....

You make it sound like there was definitely something illegal done here. I am of the belief that it was just poor management combined with too many retires for the number of people working and then you throw in YRC only paying in a small portion of their share. You combine all this and even though it is a very bad situation, I for one am not convinced there was any crimes committed unless they have made poor management of a pension fund a crime. I do not think the mortgage crisis is a good comparison at all.

If you're not getting the amount of hours you should be getting I believe you can apply for unemployment to boost your paycheck. Along with WIC if your children are pretty young.
If you sit around waiting on any trucking company to give a dam about you or your problems you are stupid, your just a number, take care of your business and do whatever you have too, move on .stop whining and go where you can to make the money you need, for Gods sake man whats wrong with you?:violin::6817::crybaby::smilie93c peelout:

You make it sound like there was definitely something illegal done here. I am of the belief that it was just poor management combined with too many retires for the number of people working and then you throw in YRC only paying in a small portion of their share. You combine all this and even though it is a very bad situation, I for one am not convinced there was any crimes committed unless they have made poor management of a pension fund a crime. I do not think the mortgage crisis is a good comparison at all.
Con-way Inc. was recently sold to XPO. An offer was made and a transaction took place. Even if the top executives knew they would loose their jobs they had a fiduciary duty to the shareholders obligating them to consider the offer.

The managers of retirement funds , plans , pensions , etc. are under obligations to do what's in the best interests of those invested in the plans , pensions , funds , etc. I'm not the FTC , SEC , FBI , or an attorney general but there's violations there with mismanagement and no accountability.

It's the " no actual crimes committed " part that makes them a fair comparison. White collar crime is ever considered a crime.

If they had stole your TV or your car. You'd have been running out the front door with a gun and calling the cops. All they did was steal your pension. Which is worth so much more than either and you are actually willing to defend them for doing it.

If you sit around waiting on any trucking company to give a dam about you or your problems you are stupid, your just a number, take care of your business and do whatever you have too, move on .stop whining and go where you can to make the money you need, for Gods sake man whats wrong with you?:violin::6817::crybaby::smilie93c peelout:

Unfortunately, many have realized it's time to move on. Being right before the holidays and all is tough. And winter is setting in. A lot of good dudes will making some other company a lot of money next spring.

Con-way Inc. was recently sold to XPO. An offer was made and a transaction took place. Even if the top executives knew they would loose their jobs they had a fiduciary duty to the shareholders obligating them to consider the offer.

The managers of retirement funds , plans , pensions , etc. are under obligations to do what's in the best interests of those invested in the plans , pensions , funds , etc. I'm not the FTC , SEC , FBI , or an attorney general but there's violations there with mismanagement and no accountability.
mismanagement and poor management are two different things, I believe it was the latter, but maybe I am gullible?

It's the " no actual crimes committed " part that makes them a fair comparison. White collar crime is ever considered a crime.

If they had stole your TV or your car. You'd have been running out the front door with a gun and calling the cops. All they did was steal your pension. Which is worth so much more than either and you are actually willing to defend them for doing it.
What proof or even just theory do you have that anyone stole money from the pension? I am not defending them for stealing, I am saying this is still the United States of America where you are innocent until proved guilty. If you have any sort of information of theft, please share it on here, if you are just going along with all the other drivers who feel like they have been robbed, I understand, but please don't compare to situations where actual crimes have taken place. I have been invested in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I also know many drivers who have been getting there three and four thousand a month checks for many years. I also am working for a company owned by YRC, so I know that they are not paying in their fair share and have not for a long time. There is no UPS anymore and ABF is just not that big. You can not put a thousand dollars a month in a savings account and then withdraw thirty five hundred dollars a month after month year after year and think that you will never run out of money. Yes this whole thing sucks, but I like to think if there was criminal intent someone at some form of government would be looking into it, so like I said before if you have any sort of information now would be a great time to share it.

What proof or even just theory do you have that anyone stole money from the pension? I am not defending them for stealing, I am saying this is still the United States of America where you are innocent until proved guilty. If you have any sort of information of theft, please share it on here, if you are just going along with all the other drivers who feel like they have been robbed, I understand, but please don't compare to situations where actual crimes have taken place. I have been invested in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I also know many drivers who have been getting there three and four thousand a month checks for many years. I also am working for a company owned by YRC, so I know that they are not paying in their fair share and have not for a long time. There is no UPS anymore and ABF is just not that big. You can not put a thousand dollars a month in a savings account and then withdraw thirty five hundred dollars a month after month year after year and think that you will never run out of money. Yes this whole thing sucks, but I like to think if there was criminal intent someone at some form of government would be looking into it, so like I said before if you have any sort of information now would be a great time to share it.

Sounds like you took the bait and swallowed the hook. It's all the rank and files fault.

I'll remind those that central states pension fund was under government oversight from 89-92 and then again from 97-2015. I would relly like to believe there was malfeasance , but I believe CSPF are just the worst money msnagers ever.

Why is it that every thread posted on our site gets converted into a union conversation?just curious,don't the brothers of the ibt have their own threads?havent the votes taken at some of our barns indicate the level of interest we have in joining that fraternity?

Exactly. So tired of hearing it. On the union forums its all doom and gloom and how screwed up their company, union, and pension are. They come over on to our forum and tell us how much better it would be if we were organized. Thanks but no thanks. Our company has gotten a new lease on life and we don't need the teamsters help with anything.
I can only speak for myself as a retired Yellow employee. Any info I give or receive on here or any other site is not meant in a negative or hateful manner. Yes, union companies are suffering now after many good years of prosperity and making their lives and the lives of non-union companies better (if we got a raise, so did the non's) most of the time. Non union mgmt. didn't want to lose their best guys. The lack of knowledge about union companies by most non's is crazy. Rumors that are laughable. We also hear the same things about Con-Way, being the slave drivers of the LTL industry. Descent conversation to learn the truth is not a bad thing. As far as trolls. I read all company site and I see each of your names on all union sites as well.