XPO | Things are terrible at my barn.

As far as trolls. I read all company site and I see each of your names on all union sites as well.
But I guarantee you that you DON'T read posts on the Union forums (from the non-Union guys) about how you should dump the Union and go non Union. But that's exactly what the Union guys do on the non Union forums.

"Get it back on track please" was posted, and it wasn't but three posts and it was back to the Union promoting b.s. again.

But I guarantee you that you DON'T read posts on the Union forums (from the non-Union guys) about how you should dump the Union and go non Union. But that's exactly what the Union guys do on the non Union forums.

"Get it back on track please" was posted, and it wasn't but three posts and it was back to the Union promoting b.s. again.
Sorry your so miserable!!!!!!

Miserable? Not this guy. I couldn't be much happier than I am currently.(unless I was rich too) I really like what I do........how about you?

And I do get a kick out of how the Union guys advertise for the nons to go Union, yet every post on their forums is bitching and moaning. What a great advertising campaign. :biglaugh:

No, but I do hear gloating by non's about the struggles of the unions (pay cuts, union dues, pension) so you are no better than those union guys you dislike so much.I don't want to see XPO or YRC to struggle. However, I'm not a goody-too-shoes dreamer and believe kindness will ever rule everyone. You are living proof that will never be.Taking a post I made about communicating and making it argumentative.

He said owner ops were pulling them, so not pups. Also, many people have said that they have seen containers in our yards. And back in the day, at this barn, we used to break and load a few containers a day. If we are pulling containers at least we are pulling something. But if they have it contracted out, that is no good for us.
Thank you for reiterating what I blogged.Im for you guys.Im not trying to bust you all down.Just telling you what I've seen

Taking a post I made about communicating and making it argumentative.
I wasn't trying to be argumentative, but do you realize that the rumors and bad info about the nons is no different than the rumors and bad info about the union operations? The union guys act as though the nons get beaten with a whip each day, but that's not the way most nons on the inside feel......or they would quit. Rumors on both sides run rampant.

I saw a nature video of a polar bear, after swimming 25 miles over open ocean to an island where he knew walruses would be hold up, silently came ashore down wind on the opposite end of the island where the walruses were. The bear then crept over rocks and other terrain advancing to within striking distance of the walrus herd. But he didn't make his move immediately. The bear had to choose his target, a pup, and to wait till the herd had settled down and was nearly asleep. This drama sticks in my mind because the narrator then said this about the bear..."He is ALL PATIENCE". And when the conditions were absolutely perfect, the bear attacked and overpowered a young pup walrus in spite of its mother defense and sustained himself for another day in the unforgiving Arctic. All that to say this,1) just to reiterate and emphasize what's already been stated on this thread, "the economy is weak, hence freight is scarce everywhere". 2) We need to be like the polar bear in being, "ALL PATIENCE," in allowing Mr. Jacobs' game plan to gear up. He's got plans to get into 'Economy LTL', which will take time. He's got plans to restructure and integrate both Conway and XPO, which will take time. He is building his sales team and educating them on cross selling all his combined service offerings, which will take time. He's got his two LTL's, the one in Europe and the other here in N. America, hammering out 'best practices' that will ensure efficient and maximum freight flow between the two continents, which will take some time . Guys, its only been two whole weeks since XPO took the reigns, not two years or two decades. Give it some time!!! When this global corporation, 'BIG RED,' starts firing on all cylinders, you'll have all the work you can handle, and then some. Until then, remember ...' ALL PATIENCE.'
ONLY ONE PROBLEM WITH THAT! when your checks are not what they use to be, and the banks still want their money! "PATIENCE" can only last as long as your savings account!!!!!!

ONLY ONE PROBLEM WITH THAT! when your checks are not what they use to be, and the banks still want their money! "PATIENCE" can only last as long as your savings account!!!!!!

Lay offs seem to be going around. And it's the season. Hopefully things stabilize. It's been my experience that operating the way we have the last couple months is unsustainable. The OT always comes back. Enjoy what you have. While you still have it.

Miserable? Not this guy. I couldn't be much happier than I am currently.(unless I was rich too) I really like what I do........how about you?

And I do get a kick out of how the Union guys advertise for the nons to go Union, yet every post on their forums is bitching and moaning. What a great advertising campaign. :biglaugh:
I must enjoy it, been doing it for 43 years and done pretty well with it! As much as I don't like the change I've made adjustments and still live pretty comfortable. Is it perfect or what it used to be? NO!!!! But what the hell is anymore? Hopefully with the International elections coming up we can get a change at the top and gain some new momentum. Hopefully!!!

Lay offs seem to be going around. And it's the season. Hopefully things stabilize. It's been my experience that operating the way we have the last couple months is unsustainable. The OT always comes back. Enjoy what you have. While you still have it.
I know that it can be hard for people when we slow down. Getting laid off SUCKS. Not working as much as you usually do SUCKS when you really need the money. That being said this is the time of year where I slow down. Start passing runs down to the junior drivers and taking some time off. Linehaul=lots of time away from home and this is the time of year where if I can get out of working for the night I do. Life is too short and this is the time of year to enjoy the hard won fruits of my labor.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative, but do you realize that the rumors and bad info about the nons is no different than the rumors and bad info about the union operations? The union guys act as though the nons get beaten with a whip each day, but that's not the way most nons on the inside feel......or they would quit. Rumors on both sides run rampant.
I agree 100%. That was my exact thought and statement in my first post concerning everyone's preconceived ideas about each other. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, GOD BLESS

I know that it can be hard for people when we slow down. Getting laid off SUCKS. Not working as much as you usually do SUCKS when you really need the money. That being said this is the time of year where I slow down. Start passing runs down to the junior drivers and taking some time off. Linehaul=lots of time away from home and this is the time of year where if I can get out of working for the night I do. Life is too short and this is the time of year to enjoy the hard won fruits of my labor.
Good post, rad. I personally don't mind when this time of year rolls around. We bust our onions for 7+ months a year, so the slow time is welcome. Yep...I'll pass on a workday (if offered), and take a day or two myself to use any sick time I have left to cover. Missing a day or two a month won't break the bank. An oddly enough, I prefer Wednesday off...kinda breaks up the week!

If you sit around waiting on any trucking company to give a dam about you or your problems you are stupid, your just a number, take care of your business and do whatever you have too, move on .stop whining and go where you can to make the money you need, for Gods sake man whats wrong with you?:violin::6817::crybaby::smilie93c peelout:
You quoted the wrong post. :P

I guess you don't like union guys because you like paying for you insurance and not having a pension.

I am curious if anyone agrees with me that we need both union and non union companies, if all trucking companies were union or all were non union it would probably would be worse for everyone. Does that make sense and is it accurate? Just food for thought I guess? This is my 666th post so I am a little nervous to see the responses!

I am curious if anyone agrees with me that we need both union and non union companies, if all trucking companies were union or all were non union it would probably would be worse for everyone. Does that make sense and is it accurate? Just food for thought I guess? This is my 666th post so I am a little nervous to see the responses!
Interesting point! Am I correct that all (or most) trucking companies were unionized before deregulation in 1980? Things seemed to go very well back then. I think some of the 'pre-deregulation old-timers' should chime in on this one.

Interesting point! Am I correct that all (or most) trucking companies were unionized before deregulation in 1980? Things seemed to go very well back then. I think some of the 'pre-deregulation old-timers' should chime in on this one.
If that is correct I was not aware of it...I always thought that everyone did very little work for boat loads of money before deregulation?....I did not start driving till late 84 so the damage was already done.