XPO | things going at xef

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
ok guys heres the latest out of XEF .
we have an o/b fos who thinks he is being funny .remind you just a little over a year ago he was driver. well when i call in to get my work assignment he says 8 oclock first indy. i am there at 730 ready to go to work i assume he means be ready to drive out the gate at 8 oclock well apparently he dont want you to have your loads till 8 o clock .well what i did was i got to work the other day and asked him if my loads were ready he said at 8 ,i said ok at 7:53 i am hitting the clock because according the log book 7:53 is 8 o clock. well you cant do that thats stealing time .i said well give me me my loads and i wont be stealing time. well he hands the other 2 junior guys their loads then mine. amd top it all off those loads were in the desk drawer and had been closed out since at least 6:630 a couple even earlier than that.
i approached my term manager about he said he woud talk to him about it. well it didnt work the next night my loads were ready at 730 i seen them ,then at 745 i asked if the loads were ready he said no. he flat out lied to me.so at 7:52 he hand s them to ,..the whole time hes watching the clock. well the upside to that was that i ended being late to xin due to construction ironically i was 29 minutes late. had i got my loads and hooked at 730 we woudlnt have been late.
my point is this i guess since my tm didnt do anything about it should i prove my point by leaving when i am told and let the late arrivals pile up or should go to XGO on this?

huey29 said:
OK guys heres the latest out of XEF .
we have an o/b fos who thinks he is being funny .remind you just a little over a year ago he was driver. well when i call in to get my work assignment he says 8 oclock first indy. i am there at 730 ready to go to work i assume he means be ready to drive out the gate at 8 oclock well apparently he dont want you to have your loads till 8 o clock .well what i did was i got to work the other day and asked him if my loads were ready he said at 8 ,i said ok at 7:53 i am hitting the clock because according the log book 7:53 is 8 o clock. well you cant do that thats stealing time .i said well give me me my loads and i wont be stealing time. well he hands the other 2 junior guys their loads then mine. amd top it all off those loads were in the desk drawer and had been closed out since at least 6:630 a couple even earlier than that.
i approached my term manager about he said he would talk to him about it. well it didn't work the next night my loads were ready at 730 i seen them ,then at 745 i asked if the loads were ready he said no. he flat out lied to me.so at 7:52 he hand s them to ,..the whole time hes watching the clock. well the upside to that was that i ended being late to xin due to construction ironically i was 29 minutes late. had i got my loads and hooked at 730 we wouldn't have been late.
my point is this i guess since my TM didn't do anything about it should i prove my point by leaving when i am told and let the late arrivals pile up or should go to XGO on this?
when those late arrival start showing up on Dave m. desk i bet things will change .from what I'm told he gets a report every morning on who late and why. if you fos is holding load then when you get to xin or were ever just tell them the fos held your load until xx:xx hrs.

huey29 said:
i approached my term manager about he said he woud talk to him about it. well it didnt work the next night my loads were ready at 730 i seen them ,then at 745 i asked if the loads were ready he said no. he flat out lied to me.so at 7:52 he hand s them to ,..the whole time hes watching the clock. well the upside to that was that i ended being late to xin due to construction ironically i was 29 minutes late. had i got my loads and hooked at 730 we woudlnt have been late.
my point is this i guess since my tm didnt do anything about it should i prove my point by leaving when i am told and let the late arrivals pile up or should go to XGO on this?
PUT DOWN THE REAL REASON YOUR LATE AND THE SIGN.

If he wants you to start at 8, then start at 8 not 7:52 or 8:01. You stand there looking at your watch and as soon as it's 8:00 grab your bills and hit the streets. Two can play the game aswell.

Collard green I agree with you. As a driver report to work ready to roll at the time given. If any questions are asked as to why your load is late refer it back to your start time and your dispatcher. And just make sure you do your JOB and the rest is on them.

There is no reason to get yourself stressed out over 15-30 minutes life is to short anyway!

huey29 said:
we have an o/b fos who thinks he is being funny .remind you just a little over a year ago he was driver. well when i call in to get my work assignment he says 8 oclock first indy. i am there at 730 ready to go to work i assume he means be ready to drive out the gate at 8 oclock well apparently he dont want you to have your loads till 8 o clock...

This must be the same guy who can't get the CFI loads out the door so they show up at 3:15 to the FAC when we are supposed to close at 3:30....

I'd call the G.O. I had the same problem here in canada. fos would call me in for 7:45, wouldn't leave till 8:30. I started punching in at the time i was told to, and went and worked the dock until loads are ready. we can't have it both ways. as for being late to the fac, just put down the reason and let the chips fall onto the person that caused it! Your telling the truth, and your paysheet backs you up! I do have one question... when you punched at 7:53, did you stay on the clock, or punch again when you went to hook?