Things you kept from AF

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Wondering what things everyone kept from AF.I still have my uniforms,my jacket and an American Freightways plate from my car.I also have safety patches and pins.Boy do I miss that company.

Bobby Labonte autographed hat
ef983f5b.jpg

9afead54.jpg

b47aa353.jpg

53e5e68c.jpg

Hat, safety pins, safety jacket, diecast truck, and a whole bunch of proud memories, gee whiz, I miss AF, I couldn't have got fired, if they tried, I woulda just came back and worked for free, picking up the parking lot or something, I will never ever forget how proud I was the day I got my uniforms...

Just off the top of my head...,
red jacket,
brass belt buckle,
mag lite,
Swiss army knife,
safety pins, patches,
a few hats,
water cooler,
ice chest, (2 of 'em),
about 4 or 5 different style coffee mugs,
a Pulsar wrist watch,
other stuff that I'm sure that I forgot about...,
and oh yeah, hemorrhoids that I got from driving that POS ant eater with the pogo stick smart seat all those miles!
Ahh yes, those were the days...,

Seriously though, it was the best damn job that any driver could have ever hoped to have, and I miss it very much.

I forgot I have some straps, still use them today, also got a big ol sign that says American Freightways customer center, I hang it in my garage, its a big ol sucker, I love looking at it!

I forgot all about the die cast truck I bought when they were offered.I also found a 2002 calender too but FedEx had their grubby little fingers into it by then.

I never saw that, I still have my safety jacket, I got a watch from fredex, I wish it said AF on it, I got all my safety pins from AF plus some other pins, and a whole bunch of wonderful memories that I will take to my grave!

I've still got the hats, jackets, coats, die cast trucks, etc... but I ran across this leather business card holder that we were issued as city drivers. Anyone remember when city drivers used to carry business cards and we were drivers/salesmen?

OyGurjA.jpg