R&L | Think about this....

There are 2 race trailers now. We had a time in Central Dispatch covering their old bid run while they were in Texas training for whatever they do while pulling the race trailer. The original team now has a brand new International ProStar sleeper and a new race trailer.

trailers

what happen to the trailer that was painted with the race car painted on it they used have alot in chicago but took them way

They are definitely running around in California...FYI, the hauler drivers are employees of Rousch/Fenway....R&L has no jurisdiction on them...Same with the Con-way haulers...did anyone help push the car back in the trailer after show...jeez, don't even sneeze on it, you're explaining to the whole world what you are allergic to.....

speaking of out west and nascar, we have been passing out these flyers announcing this coming weekend with the r+l car in ca. i have heard the roberts got a pretty good deal on this sponsorship three years ago. i know not everyone is a nascar fan, but not everyone is a football or baseball fan either. in my area the biggest deal is having the hauler and show car visit customers. i had a chance to talk to the husband and wife team that takes this to customers and they said the response was overwhealming. personally, i think its pretty cool to see the company i work for on a national stage with the fedex's and ups's of the world...

Buford, I agree with you, I think its awesome to see R&L on a national stage with the Fedex's and UPS's of the world..I can't wait for Matt to win a race when he's driving the "R&L car".:1036316054:

boxboss - the teams that drive the haulers are R+L employees, not roush people. these teams stay out for 4-8 weeks at a time before they come home. they actually were linehaul drivers before taking this job..
if anyone gets a chance you should talk to thyem if they are ever in your area. they are great people and are a good example of drivers having to go out of their way to help keep the company growing.

That would be news to me...The Con-way haulers had several drivers ask them how to get into their line of work when they were at our facility for a show, and I listened to them specifically say they had to apply at Rousch/Fenway for the opportunity...These 2 have been with Rousch for 6 years, had to go through the training on handling the racing machines, etc, before they hit the road..Unless they just bold faced lied to the guys..

That would be news to me...The Con-way haulers had several drivers ask them how to get into their line of work when they were at our facility for a show, and I listened to them specifically say they had to apply at Rousch/Fenway for the opportunity...These 2 have been with Rousch for 6 years, had to go through the training on handling the racing machines, etc, before they hit the road..Unless they just bold faced lied to the guys..

Our hauler doesn't actually haul the actual race car, those are hauled and owned by Rousch.
Our truck is more of a PR machine, hauling the show cars around to different terminals, races and customers.
Think it has a Kenseth Ford and a Pontiac from when we first sponsored Morgan Shepard back in 1997.

Did they get a new trailer or does the mirror in the front still stay RCR Racing? They came to our barn couple years back. They were nice folks. Felt bad for them the tractor they had at the time had like a million some miles on it. It was an old team truck RL just wrapped it in some vinyl graphics. Hope they got some new iron by now.

They were at my terminal all last week, new IH Pro Star and the trailer looked new too. At least it had a new paint job, it was the same rig as seen on the company propaganda tv.

Is R+L getting into the truck series? I saw an R+L race truck at the Dallas truck show this past weekend. It was in the PFS booth.

PFS Paramount Freight Systems. They had some recruiters there along with some you crate displays and the truck. Probably going to have a tough time of it though. Advertising 90 cents a mile plus surcharge. I really don't know how anyone can afford to operate for that.

ok. just to set the record straight.both of the haulers with the R&L show cars,not the current race cars, are R&L employees. the new hauler drivers are Wade and Nancy, on their third year, the older hauler is being driven by a team who came off a dedicated run to take the job. if someone talked to rousch drivers, may not have been our haulers. the cars, with the exception of the old pontiac, are special built show cars, or retired race cars.the drivers of our haylers ARE NOT rousch employees.by the way the 1st hauler is still on the team board running.and dont thin k the new race truck was built for just one race.