SAIA | Thinking about employment with saia

boosis

TB Lurker
Credits
I got laid off from my job with YRC/Roadway Express after 23yrs. I have done P&D driving /Dock work/ Buggy/Spotter/Switcher and some utility driving. Every body in the LTL trucking industry knows the troubles they have gone through the last few years! They just had a big change of operations that went into effect 04/08/2012. The terminal i worked at was made into END OF LINE TERMINAL downsized. I could of transferd but i no longer trust the company. SAIA has a small terminal not to far from my house. Thinking about giving line haul a try? What do you guy's think SAIA? Any comments or suggestions?! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

I've been there over 14 years. Saia has never missed a payday, seldom cut, and the benefits package is okay.

Run! Run NOW and far away!

Former Yellow/YRC guy here. Worked Saia for 14 months to get the shaft by a low-life and a spineless upper management!

that was always my issue with saia i worked for them for 8 years. they always hired when they got busy then layed them off in the winter. but you have to do what you have to do.

Never got laid off but did have several 4 day weeks in my year.They have alot of finger freight,one of which I despised.Heard they just got it back.Im sure the p and d guys know what im talking about.Its as good as most LTL,s out there...Or as bad,depending on your point of view.

They ALL have there warts, if you read in here what goes on at other LTL carriers, and what goes on at Saia, well Saia dosent sound so bad,

Sounds like my old run. I use to set the dock, make a solid load pick up, work the dock, and then run to CLT and back. As the previous poster stated, I don't see other posting about stuff I don't see other LTL's complaining about or see it with my own eyes either. Overall I'm happy here and hope I don't have to end up switching jobs. Starting here at 22 years old, maybe if I hold out long enough I will get a run where I don't have to work the dock. I know that isn't typical of other Saia terminals, but I'm just venting for a sec.

well i applied on line and also stopped by the terminal. still have not heard anything. maybe apply again in the next week or two?

well i applied on line and also stopped by the terminal. still have not heard anything. maybe apply again in the next week or two?

TM must have been busy talking about anything that has nothing to do with company business. Like you tell us TM's.. Leave the personal crap at home