Thinking about jumping ship...

atvnut

TB Lurker
Credits
As u can tell by my user name I'm not happy @ fdx frt. I have been there for over ten years. Yes I was there when it was AF. During those years it was a great place to work. I believe the politics and the constant road driver/city driver animosity is ruining the company. Senority means nothing anymore. I'm considering coming to NEMF and try to get a road driver position . I'm not sure if it is a wise move. I'm hesitant to jump ship. Any advise???? I'll take it all good or bad advise is welcome.

im in the same boat with a another company,im curious to see what other drivers have to say.Its hard to have to start all over again when you have 10 years in.

I think that the thing you need to consider is where the freight and business levels stand. With 10 years in a with a company, your quite secure from layoffs, not to mention your vacation. Starting all over in this economy, I would be hesitant since most companies are cutting back and there is also is a lot to watch with YRC.

im in the same boat with a another company,im curious to see what other drivers have to say.Its hard to have to start all over again when you have 10 years in.

please DON'T DO IT....!"

i worked for nemf, and i gotta tell you, it ain't a lovely bunch of coconuts there either.

in all its basic terminology, ALL compamies are alike. you get paid good "here" but the "bene's suck", you get good "bene's here", but the pay
sucks".......

you will be bottom of the list, you will do overnighters, you will get crappy equipment, you will lose your tractor to another driver if his breaks down, and your's happens to be available, you will wait long times at terminals, you will be bumped by senior drivers, even if they arrive AFTER YOU, and so on.....

if you want to "jump ship", try someplace else.........where....?? ANYWHERE's else....

seriously..............:smilie_132:

You have an opportunity at a half-way decent pension. I wouldn't do it if I were you, but then again I'm not in your shoes at this time. I have friends at NEMF and its just like Prodriver says!!!

If you would make the move you will be:

idiot@nemf

or

suicidal@nemf

If you are in the position that you are in, I'm surprised that you you would consider a company where the top rate is 9 cents lower than your current position!!!!!!

Reconsider!

why would you go to nemf or any other freight company for that matter. why would you move sideways when you can move up? there are plenty of trucking jobs that pay way better and have you home everyday! with experience in this industry you can make way more money just to drop and hook trailers man. Think Out side of Th e Box!

why would you go to nemf or any other freight company for that matter. why would you move sideways when you can move up? there are plenty of trucking jobs that pay way better and have you home everyday! with experience in this industry you can make way more money just to drop and hook trailers man. Think Out side of Th e Box!
pls tell me where i could go that is just drop and hook for better pay and bene's i'll leave right now.

Yea Puff is right , I have never talked to a pissed off Wal Mart driver.

ok i'm very cool with that where and how do i get involved? i'm still a newbie to this business i've only been driving for 6 years first two w/ stevens transport the rest w/nemf if you could hook me up w/ a link to wal-mart i would appreciate it

ok i'm very cool with that where and how do i get involved? i'm still a newbie to this business i've only been driving for 6 years first two w/ stevens transport the rest w/nemf if you could hook me up w/ a link to wal-mart i would appreciate it

i never myself knew of any particular link to a driving job at wally-world. do a google search on wally-world, go from there, or whenever possible, talk with one of their drivers.

LOL, who wants to work?

That's why we are drivers and not carpenters....