ODFL | Thinking about making a move

Stinkeye

Getting my sheep on
Credits
I'm currently working for an LTL carrier as big as OD with 16 years in with 25 years driving experience and 2.5 million miles of safe driving. Looking to make a change for a company with better benefits and retirement. Someone please tell me would they offer me a better start pay package for experience? Or would I be stupid to make the change with 23 more years to go before retiring. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Looking at the west side of Atlanta at the Fulton industrial location.

I'm currently working for an LTL carrier as big as OD with 16 years in with 25 years driving experience and 2.5 million miles of safe driving. Looking to make a change for
Stay where you are at.Grass is no greener across the street.With that many year's you need to stay.We have no retirement except our 401k.

I'm currently working for an LTL carrier as big as OD with 16 years in with 25 years driving experience and 2.5 million miles of safe driving. Looking to make a change for a company with better benefits and retirement. Someone please tell me would they offer me a better start pay package for experience? Or would I be stupid to make the change with 23 more years to go before retiring. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Looking at the west side of Atlanta at the Fulton industrial location.
The most you can start out as a new driver is the 1 year rate. With your experience, likely that is what you would get. The 1 yr linehaul rate is .6068. P&D 1 year is $25 an hour or so, I think. Least that is close. I don't do p&d... Typically a raise is given the first of September so these rates should go up soon. You didn't say what you made so you do the comparison. Insurance for us the employee costs very little. Less than 10 bucks even for the premium plan. Family coverage depending on what plan you take is $50 to $60 ish a week... While no retirement plan per se, the 401k is lucrative. Average return over the past few years has been in the 70 80% range. 30% of the first 6% is guaranteed. Discretionary match is typically more than the guaranteed thus the 70 to 80% return... The more money the company makes the more that is shared in the 401. We have drivers that heavily invested in OD stock over the years that are retiring very very well off....

The most you can start out as a new driver is the 1 year rate. With your experience, likely that is what you would get. The 1 yr linehaul rate is .6068. P&D 1 year is $25 an hour or so, I think. Least that is close. I don't do p&d... Typically a raise is given the first of September so these rates should go up soon. You didn't say what you made so you do the comparison. Insurance for us the employee costs very little. Less than 10 bucks even for the premium plan. Family coverage depending on what plan you take is $50 to $60 ish a week... While no retirement plan per se, the 401k is lucrative. Average return over the past few years has been in the 70 80% range. 30% of the first 6% is guaranteed. Discretionary match is typically more than the guaranteed thus the 70 to 80% return... The more money the company makes the more that is shared in the 401. We have drivers that heavily invested in OD stock over the years that are retiring very very well off....
Most loss there ..s when the Market crashed several years ago.They still working today because of it.

I'm currently at Estes making.6325 with 401k. Just testing the waters before I meet with the terminal manager July 5th.

It's not you, corporate management could use an overhaul.
I think i'm about to do the very same thing. OD pays a dollar more than E', ins. is cheaper, they still have profit sharing and it will cut 15 min off my drive to and from. But I only have 1.5 years not 16 so I really ain't losing anything.

If you hate laid back, you'll love OD. We're becoming Conway green more and more each year. We're here to make money and there'll be no sympathy work for you when it slows down. Your butt will sit on the couch until it picks up again. Everything is about the numbers now and not family.

If you hate laid back, you'll love OD. We're becoming Conway green more and more each year. We're here to make money and there'll be no sympathy work for you when it slows down. Your butt will sit on the couch until it picks up again. Everything is about the numbers now and not family.

Let's hope for all our sake it never slows down as bad as the last recession. If that happens, you better have big seniority. But from what I hear OD has freight pouring from the sky. Some kind of freight making device I think.

Let's hope for all our sake it never slows down as bad as the last recession. If that happens, you better have big seniority. But from what I hear OD has freight pouring from the sky. Some kind of freight making device I think.

Wish that was the case... my run seems to get cut once a week, even tho we should be booming being summer time and all. Maybe it's just my yard, but who knows.

I'm thinking it's your area, down south we're covered up. Don't even think of asking for 2 days off on the extraboard. You get 34 then it's back to the road.

Good, glad to hear you guys are keeping busy. PHX is more of an inbound yard, so our city guys are staying busy. I hope someday in the future they turn our building into a mini-break terminal... seems like we have the room for it.