XPO | Thinking about tranfering to florida

Get all the info you can bro before you make any commitment,make sure its what you need before you give everything up, for example pay are you gonna run steady etc., alot of people have made mistakes when transferring because they didn't get all the info they needed don't and I mean don't assume anything,Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats why i joined here to get all the info i can from drivers first before i call the teminal manager and bother him.

Are there any drivers on here from tampa florida? I was wondering where your linehaul runs go to.
Florida in general is not a good freight state. Not @ the center of the country. Used to be in bound freight was 4 times greater than the outbound freight. Not much manufacturing in Florida. A lot of retired people. von.

Florida in general is not a good freight state. Not @ the center of the country. Used to be in bound freight was 4 times greater than the outbound freight. Not much manufacturing in Florida. A lot of retired people. von.
Still is. Lots of freight in, nothing out. Your best bet is to contact the terminal and get an accurate picture. In this day of cutting to the bone, especially deadhead linehaul, get the full story.

I don't work out of NTP but I know they run the Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Orlando FAC's. All the terminals from South Florida run into Orlando NOF so nobody runs south out of Central Florida unless you get a via. If you run into NOF it's only about 90 miles one way from NTP so you will work the dock. NTH and NJV are at least 200 plus miles one way out of Tampa. I haven't been through NTP in a few years but it's about a 40 door terminal. Orlando is over 100 doors and they run some day line haul to NJV as well but you have to have seniority to hold those. Lots of purchase vans gets loaded in Orlando too. NOF has a fair amount of industry and lots of new construction going on all the time so the work is pretty steady, but mostly inbound. NJV is a good freight market to consider as well...more like a Pittsburgh feel than a typical Florida city, plus a lot of cargo comes into the Jacksonville Port. By no means are the freight levels in Florida like what you might be used to coming from in the north. Let us know what you find out... Hope this helps

The one thing im worried about is if i will get to work everyday. If im gonna sit every week then i cant afford to transfer.
I hear ya...Things have changed a lot since the CSE, CCX and CWX days. Some terminals have trouble finding and keeping drivers so you might get right in with lots of work.

Well i've been checking the website since i started here a couple of years ago and this is the first time i have seen the tampa terminal is hiring. Im not sure if thats good or bad.