ODFL | Thinking of jumping ship after over a decade

FedexLube

TB Regular
Credits
currently working at FXFE. Are you still able apply at a center even if the website currently shows no openings?? Thanks in advance

I haven't had to once in almost 4 years, seems that OD is on antidepressants or something. They aren't ever in the mood.

OD hired a lot of people fresh from school who's welfare run out so of course they're happy to be making this money vs the drug money they made before becoming a truck driver.

We're always hiring. It's like a revolving door on our city side. Can't find anyone who wants to work nowadays.
Thinking of jumping to OD myself. I have some good friends/ex co-workers there, and they have nothing but good to say about it. Personally, I'm getting too old for the continual 11-12 hour days (city, in the winter???), so an 8-9 hour day, with an occasional 10-hour day, is quite appealing to me. Sure, there's no OT pay, but I don't want or need the OT.

Thinking of jumping to OD myself. I have some good friends/ex co-workers there, and they have nothing but good to say about it. Personally, I'm getting too old for the continual 11-12 hour days (city, in the winter???), so an 8-9 hour day, with an occasional 10-hour day, is quite appealing to me. Sure, there's no OT pay, but I don't want or need the OT.

Exactly! While obviously LTL wherever you go is no picnic, I feel if I can make an improvement in my overall quality of life while I'm still able too, then I think that'll be beneficial.
I'm mean hell, jumping ship is always scary and potentially risky, but I just can't help but think that I can do better than 8-10 hours on the dock each night.

Is the grass always greener? Lol