ODFL | Thinking of jumping ship after over a decade

Exactly! While obviously LTL wherever you go is no picnic, I feel if I can make an improvement in my overall quality of life while I'm still able too, then I think that'll be beneficial.
I'm mean hell, jumping ship is always scary and potentially risky, but I just can't help but think that I can do better than 8-10 hours on the dock each night.

Is the grass always greener? Lol

Good point. Right now, the 'work/life' balance is completely distorted. Tired of working into the evenings, and my wife of 30 years wondering just where the hell I've been for the last 10 of those 30 years.

Is the grass greener? In some ways, I suppose it is.

Exactly! While obviously LTL wherever you go is no picnic, I feel if I can make an improvement in my overall quality of life while I'm still able too, then I think that'll be beneficial.
I'm mean hell, jumping ship is always scary and potentially risky, but I just can't help but think that I can do better than 8-10 hours on the dock each night.

Is the grass always greener? Lol
If you go over to OD,you will have to also start wearing a green,Big Dave hat too....

Don't worry about jumping ship, you'll be coming to the most desired trucking company in this country to work for. Everyone wants to work here and doesn't regret it. Any driver that currently doesn't work for OD doesn't value their driving career and doesn't have as good of a job.

There' two types of drivers: those who drive for OD and those who want to drive for OD.

Last edited:
Don't worry about jumping ship, you'll be coming to the most desired trucking company in this country to work for. Everyone wants to work here and doesn't regret it. Any driver that currently doesn't work for OD doesn't value their driving career and doesn't have as good of a job.

There' two types of drivers: those who drive for OD and those who want to drive for OD.

Now that's what I like to hear! I was getting cold feet over the weekend, but your comment cinched it for me. Heading over tomorrow. Thanks brother

Last edited:

There must be 2 BillyLo's on here now?

Thanks, billy. I think I'll send my resume over.

Your right Billy...you local guys took the line runs on weekends so that was one reason 3 of us line guys had no choice but to quit. Lube.. the terminal you are looking at has a bunch of good guys there and Billy...As he said earlier, the asst TM is an awsome guy to work for and thats what made it so hard to leave but when your a line guy and only working 2-3 days a week then they give local guys who is getting full hours line work on saturday, when its your job (and dispatch sneeks them out befor you get in), well sometimes you just need to do what you half to just to survive. If your going to look for line then that usually only happens april thru oct or as long as there is no snow on the hill. They are fair weather drivers.. OK Billy your turn....

Your right Billy...you local guys took the line runs on weekends so that was one reason 3 of us line guys had no choice but to quit. Lube.. the terminal you are looking at has a bunch of good guys there and Billy...As he said earlier, the asst TM is an awsome guy to work for and thats what made it so hard to leave but when your a line guy and only working 2-3 days a week then they give local guys who is getting full hours line work on saturday, when its your job (and dispatch sneeks them out befor you get in), well sometimes you just need to do what you half to just to survive. If your going to look for line then that usually only happens april thru oct or as long as there is no snow on the hill. They are fair weather drivers.. OK Billy your turn....

Thank you. If it's full time city, then that's probably for me. Only benefit of line is more money, but if I'm only working 2-3 times a week, then that probably wouldn't cut it

Honest question.. how is Safeway working out? You guys that left making any money there?

Btw you should've seen the fair weather babies chicken out over that dusting we got last week. Rotfl

Here we go again, You are using that everyone wants to work at OD Crap again!! Go drink some more green kool aid !!! Not everyone wants to work there!!!

Everyone wants to read the OD forum too! I don't go to the fxf forum to read about them complaining how a OD driver slept with their wife.
Someone has to be a FACT Checker , we are everywhere!!! Glad that I don't work at FedEx Freight, Oh , I don't have to worry about that , she has better taste than that!!!