ODFL | Thinking of jumping ship after over a decade

Safeway is ok. Already have a set bid. Its a 4/10 then, if I work on a day off its time and a half then 2X time for a second day but still end up with 1 1/2 days off. I miss the line haul arena but, maybe Iam just getting to the point that seeing all that jewelry hanging on the frames just tires me out looking at it. Very Happy I had the opportunity to work for Scott and the others there. Just wish I didnt need to leave but someone didnt seem to care too much about wild line guys working. Take it easy and after working at other LTL's, OD was defently the best!!! One tried to return however they put not rehirable on his termination paper since he didn't give a full 2weeks notice, only 9 days. But figured it was enough since we were sitting 3 days/week and not running. All you guys be safe out there and remember, winter isnt over yet so play it safe and come home every day...got to go deliver my groceries now so you all can eat!! see ya

Safeway is ok. Already have a set bid. Its a 4/10 then, if I work on a day off its time and a half then 2X time for a second day but still end up with 1 1/2 days off. I miss the line haul arena but, maybe Iam just getting to the point that seeing all that jewelry hanging on the frames just tires me out looking at it. Very Happy I had the opportunity to work for Scott and the others there. Just wish I didnt need to leave but someone didnt seem to care too much about wild line guys working. Take it easy and after working at other LTL's, OD was defently the best!!! One tried to return however they put not rehirable on his termination paper since he didn't give a full 2weeks notice, only 9 days. But figured it was enough since we were sitting 3 days/week and not running. All you guys be safe out there and remember, winter isnt over yet so play it safe and come home every day...got to go deliver my groceries now so you all can eat!! see ya

I think it's up to the TM when it comes to being rehireable unless there's a wait time that clears everything.

Glad everything is working out. So you never have to go over the Pass? Few guys in the city asked me if Safeway is a good place to work at. I'll tell them to check it out.

I worked at OD until the economy crashed in 2008...then left chasing a paycheck when the work dried up. Compared to where I have worked since leaving OD, I wish I had never left! I have tried to get back but no luck. If you can get in at OD...do it. Then don't leave. I would give my right arm to go back.

Billy, let those guys know you can make higer 5 digit income but it comes with a price: you are on call 2x a day, 9-11 then 2-4 so not much family life. You will work til your just about out of hours, get exactly 34 off and start again. Its activity based compensation meaning the faster you work the more you make. Its a union job and they have a lot of guys that complain about everything. Being paid lilke we are, most guys drop their shipment on the dock any place they can/ want and leave, then the next guy coming in needs to clean up the other drivers mess so they can drop their shipment--time is money. As I said, its an ok job but not the best place I have ever worked at. I know they are hiring so let them know. Seniority is everything---

Billy, let those guys know you can make higer 5 digit income but it comes with a price: you are on call 2x a day, 9-11 then 2-4 so not much family life. You will work til your just about out of hours, get exactly 34 off and start again. Its activity based compensation meaning the faster you work the more you make. Its a union job and they have a lot of guys that complain about everything. Being paid lilke we are, most guys drop their shipment on the dock any place they can/ want and leave, then the next guy coming in needs to clean up the other drivers mess so they can drop their shipment--time is money. As I said, its an ok job but not the best place I have ever worked at. I know they are hiring so let them know. Seniority is everything---

Do you get assigned trucks? Their equipment looks pretty clean. Maybe I shouldn't tell the guys here after the problems you told me. None of these drivers in the city look out for one another haha.

Since we get OT after 40 in WA, it's tough to make high 5 digits since they cut us before we get close to 50 hours a week.

More senior guys do buy we are short on equipment right now and with all the work they have picked up and getting its hard to assign anyone a truck for now. JLE truck wash is on site and we also have a small wash rack so guys take the time to scrub down their jalopies in between wash cycles. Otherwise the wash guys do it for you.

Don't worry about jumping ship, you'll be coming to the most desired trucking company in this country to work for. Everyone wants to work here and doesn't regret it. Any driver that currently doesn't work for OD doesn't value their driving career and doesn't have as good of a job.

There' two types of drivers: those who drive for OD and those who want to drive for OD.
:lmao::lmao:

Don't worry about jumping ship, you'll be coming to the most desired trucking company in this country to work for. Everyone wants to work here and doesn't regret it. Any driver that currently doesn't work for OD doesn't value their driving career and doesn't have as good of a job.

There' two types of drivers: those who drive for OD and those who want to drive for OD.
Lol wtf?