SAIA | Third Quarter 2016

Harrisburg,pa. thats great right were I'm at. any info on applying for a job would be greatly appreciated. I know plenty of good people who are fed up with they way YRC has destroyed NPME and would love to work for a top notch, well run freight company again..

Harrisburg,pa. thats great right were I'm at. any info on applying for a job would be greatly appreciated. I know plenty of good people who are fed up with they way YRC has destroyed NPME and would love to work for a top notch, well run freight company again..
Any experienced LTL man will be welcome .... But understand that SAIA is extremely anti-union along with me. We have a completely different culture here. Don't be surprised to see a supervisor on a forklift or moving trailers around in our yards. It may be a culture shock to many because the North is more unionized than the South. Be fair warned that if you bring the union mentality here you will never last.

Any experienced LTL man will be welcome .... But understand that SAIA is extremely anti-union along with me. We have a completely different culture here. Don't be surprised to see a supervisor on a forklift or moving trailers around in our yards. It may be a culture shock to many because the North is more unionized than the South. Be fair warned that if you bring the union mentality here you will never last.
What does you having union hatred have to do with him and SAIA employment?

What does you having union hatred have to do with him and SAIA employment?
I don't know the guy so what I'm saying is that the culture here is different. That "us and them" mentality doesn't exist here. Nothing is perfect but this company takes care of us and we have no need for a third party. He may be OK with a union free environment and if that's the case come on over and we will put him to work. But if he feels the need to be part of a union then join an existing union company. Management and labor work together here to form an efficient business model. Much like Old Dominion. The Teamsters model is full of lazy ass workers that cant be fired except through an act of congress. We need everyone to pull their weight so we don't find ourselves in a non-competitive position. The Teamsters model is broken here in 2016. This market has brutal competition and we want no part of a broken business model. We can't have restrictive work rules that hinder efficiency. Old Dominion didn't build the most profitable LTL company in the history of America by being unionized. I won't get into a pissing contest with you. I have my opinion and you have yours and that will never change.

You're making some pretty broad statements there. This new terminal could be good or bad. Why don't you give the other side of the coin, the one where drivers are first to be laid off? Or that management only cares about numbers and COA? About how safety will come after other priorities, rather than first? Tell the whole story rather than paint a rosy picture where there isn't one.

You're making some pretty broad statements there. This new terminal could be good or bad. Why don't you give the other side of the coin, the one where drivers are first to be laid off? Or that management only cares about numbers and COA? About how safety will come after other priorities, rather than first? Tell the whole story rather than paint a rosy picture where there isn't one.
I agree with u buck there's good and bad in all companies as for the other side of coin statement u made i havent heard u say 1 thing positive about Saia every since i been on truckersboard other drivers here im pretty sure will 2nd that.

The terms of my settlement prevent me from going into detail.

Does Saia have positives? Yes. For me, Saia opened the door for me to get to where I am at today. I learned that, as a manager/owner, I will always treat my employees has human beings with goals and aspirations of their own. I won't belittle, disrespect, or discount their abilities.

Saia obviously does some really good things. You don't get to be a company with their history without doing some great things.

Safety has always come first with SAIA. The age of our fleet is right where it should be with new trucks and trailers rotating the older units out daily. You have no idea what your talking about because you no longer work here. Our CSA score is #2 in the LTL world the last time I checked.

Go ahead and apply.. And don't mind the union/nonunion comparisons, Saia doesn't care if you've worked in a union shop, 99.9% of SAIA drivers are here to move freight and get paid.

How many drivers get over 45hrs at your location?
In the D-FW region it depends on your seniority level. Top guys can get 55-60 if they want it. Lower guys average around 50. I'm happy with 40 but usually get around 45 because I'm a cry baby and beg for mercy.

s0gV44d.jpg

SAIA is a great company. It's the little things that mean a lot to me. Like recently I was called for jury duty and was picked. Out two weeks on a pretty big case. All paid. Many take a lot for granted. I never have and never will.
Was thinking of applying for road job in nc,would you recommend

t
In the D-FW region it depends on your seniority level. Top guys can get 55-60 if they want it. Lower guys average around 50. I'm happy with 40 but usually get around 45 because I'm a cry baby and beg for mercy.
No offense, but a company paying ot after 45 can't be that great of a company to work for...makes me wonder. What else are they banging you guy's for over at saia?

t

No offense, but a company paying ot after 45 can't be that great of a company to work for...makes me wonder. What else are they banging you guy's for over at saia?
Nobody forces anyone to work here. You can accept their terms or work for a union carrier. Most non-union LTL carriers pay OT after 50-55 .... OD is 60 .... I'm OK with 45 considering I prefer to work for a non-union carrier. FedEx is the only LTL non-union carrier that pays OT after 8. Our benefit package is more than fair. 64cpm linehaul .... 25.40 hourly for P&D. Great healthcare at $12 for a single man ... $37.50 for family and it's free with 10 years of service. 6% match on 401K .... 1 week of vacation and 5 personal days after one year. 2 weeks after 2 years + 5 personal days. Paid jury duty. The healthcare is UnitedHealthcares best plan. $25.00 for doctor visits without meeting the $1500 max out of pocket deductible. Vision is included at no charge. Stay at YRC ... ABF ... Holland ... UPS or wherever. I don't give a ::shit::. Just don't come on here knocking our company.

Last edited:
If your looking to get away from Holland come on over. SAIA is growing and needs good drivers. Yes, I recommend but then again I'm biased so check with some local drivers in your area.

If you're looking for a road driver position,in my opinion,I would go and try to get on with OD out of North Carolina. Our line drivers top out at .6353 cents per mile for solo and .7425 for team drivers. And you top out in 24 months or 18 months if you come on with experience.