SAIA | Third Quarter Earnings per Share of $0.56

Me too Dracula thats why jk posted the numbers...my laptop crapped out. They are suppose to be buying 350 New trucks this year.

volvos maybe:hide: my new cornbinder only has 110000 on it and is already at rush getting a new intercooler put on it:horse****:

I like to try and be a glass half full kind of person, but does anyone REALLY expect a raise or "cost of living increase" this year? Sure, we have all sacrificed alot, improved our numbers across the board, but come on.....let's be realistic. I see investments in most categories, but none in the driver column. I hope someone can say that I'm full of crap though. I sure could use some mo money!

Well hell I just went and asked about raise in December. Was told you guys just got raise according to our TM it ain't happening this year.. Hopefully he is wrong and corporate decides to be nice but I like living so I won't be holding my breath

Well they DID make a BIG investment in the "driver column" by not increasing our insurance contributions. And that is HUGE in these uncertain days of Obamacare... Think about it...

I agree completely I was just stating that TM said no and I wouldn't hold my breath that corporate would decide to. I'm not sure how long you have been here and hope i state all this correctly SAIA's driver used to have one of the top pay packages in the non union side of LTL carriers a few years back like some other LTL company's. SAIA asked for help from employee we lost basically 5% they also cut there contribution in the 401 k program. Other company's I guess recovered quicker than SAIA did they gave the drivers back what they took and since then other company's compensation packages have continued to increase. SAIA just brought out pay package to we're it was in 08. Believe me I'm happy with that but a all cost of living raise would be nice. Yeah I know they are investing in the company new trucks ,new trailers new hand held computers for local drivers vnomics in the trucks I get it. Investing in the company is great, a small investment in you and me goes a long way also. I have to say thanks to them to bringing my check back to where it was was 4 years ago. I like this company yes I gripe about a few things but I think they are a good company and plan on being here for a lot longer. Think about it . Saia invest in a new company, two new divisions,new equipment. No increase in Heath care cost that i noticed. Now just maybe a small investment in the actual driver. SORRY for the soap box speech