TForce | Thirty and out rule?

steve5 said:
Union Pacific bought Motor Cargo then pushed us under and made OVNT our parent co before release for purchase by public. This was on MC website fact sheet, no more website.

Thanks for pointing this overlooked fact out...... If I'm not mistaking wonder "O" didn't want anything to do with us. But hey if we can make ya look good for big daddy than take what you need.......

greezy trucker said:
Thanks for pointing this overlooked fact out...... If I'm not mistaking wonder "O" didn't want anything to do with us. But hey if we can make ya look good for big daddy than take what you need.......
In my opinion and from a letter I read from a UPR shareholder this was planned years ago like early 2000's. Why else would UPR purchase MC, to make OVNT complete. UPR purchased OVNT in mid 80's or around that time and then purchased MC 16 years later. Why did they not purchase another co sooner? LTL company that is. It had to have been planned, that is just my opinion. Another thing just before the purchase by UPR MC bought new terminals like PHO, LAS,REN, I think DEN, (it looked new 6 years ago when I was there last), and they bought lots of new eq. trailers and tractors, what I was told at the time just for the purchase.

steve5 said:
In my opinion and from a letter I read from a UPR shareholder this was planned years ago like early 2000's. Why else would UPR purchase MC, to make OVNT complete. UPR purchased OVNT in mid 80's or around that time and then purchased MC 16 years later. Why did they not purchase another co sooner? LTL company that is. It had to have been planned, that is just my opinion. Another thing just before the purchase by UPR MC bought new terminals like PHO, LAS,REN, I think DEN, (it looked new 6 years ago when I was there last), and they bought lots of new eq. trailers and tractors, what I was told at the time just for the purchase.

Not sure who what where and when but we along for the ride now......

To bad we didn't know the whole story years ago.

We could of taken mega home equity loans on all our property,and bought stock with it.

We'd all be very rich by now,except just think what we would of had to pay in taxes on our profits?

Well as for me I still enjoy driving truck for a living,I really can't think of anything I'd rather do at this point in time?

This job either keeps me young,or makes me old haven't figured that out yet?

Thank God for good health.
Being rich may be nice,but if you don't have good health no amount of money will make you happy.

Although you want to see a good example of someone thats stayed healthy in trucking .
Look at Mr.Harwood J.C. our founder he's 93 and still has a big interest in UPS Freight.

History

steve5 said:
Union Pacific bought Motor Cargo then pushed us under and made OVNT our parent co before release for purchase by public. This was on MC website fact sheet, no more website.
Here is a little history lesson for those who are interested.

Overnite used Viking freight as a interline carrier in the west.

American Freightways purchased Viking freight and after that happened then Overnite needed another partner to use for its interline points out west.

Overnite purchased Motor Cargo so that it would elevates the interline partner problem permanently.

FedEx purchased American Freightways and company to form FedEx Freight.

UPS purchase Overnite.

Overnite merges itself and Motor Cargo as one company.

UPS renames Overnite as UPS Freight (sm) or United Parcel Ground Freight. :smilie_132:

Silverhawk1 said:

American Freightways purchased Viking freight and after that happened then Overnite needed another partner to use for its interline points out west.

Overnite purchased Motor Cargo so that it would elevates the interline partner problem permanently.

UPS purchase Overnite.

UPS renames Overnite as UPS Freight (sm) or United Parcel Ground Freight. :smilie_132:

You are way high!!!!! Viking was not bought by AF. It goes Radway to calibur to fedex. Adn UP bought MC not Wonder "O". Come on this is common knowledge. Use the internet, you can learn alot.

Silverhawk1 said:

UPS purchase Overnite.

Not that it is that important O did not purchase MC, UPRR did as explained twice before. I was here when it happened, read all the memos, and up until May 1st info about it was on MC website.

Apostolic said:
We could of taken mega home equity loans on all our property,and bought stock with it.

We'd all be very rich by now,except just think what we would of had to pay in taxes on our profits?

Well as for me I still enjoy driving truck for a living,I really can't think of anything I'd rather do at this point in time?

This job either keeps me young,or makes me old haven't figured that out yet?

Thank God for good health.
Being rich may be nice,but if you don't have good health no amount of money will make you happy.

Although you want to see a good example of someone thats stayed healthy in trucking .
Look at Mr.Harwood J.C. our founder he's 93 and still has a big interest in UPS Freight.
Remember, it was just my opinion at the time.

greezy trucker said:
You are way high!!!!! Viking was not bought by AF. It goes Radway to calibur to fedex. Adn UP bought MC not Wonder "O". Come on this is common knowledge. Use the internet, you can learn alot.
Ok here is the news clip from July 13,2001 http://www.middlewest.com/news/story.asp?id=152 This news clip puts both American Freightways and Viking Freight in the same article.

and here is one from October 19,2201
http://www.middlewest.com/news/story.asp?id=135 and this one specifically says that Overnite holdings will acquire Motor Cargo. and you thought I was high!! come on man...use the internet. you can learn a lot. :smilie_132:

Silverhawk1 said:
Ok here is the news clip from July 13,2001 http://www.middlewest.com/news/story.asp?id=152 This news clip puts both American Freightways and Viking Freight in the same article.

http://www.middlewest.com/news/story.asp?id=135 and this one specifically says that Overnite holdings will acquire Motor Cargo. and you thought I was high!! come on man...use the internet. you can learn a lot. :smilie_132:
Who exactly is Overnite holdings inc, UPRR. My computer does not see into the future-October 19, 2201?

That web site by the way looks like a fly-by-nite website. I've never heard of any of the trucking companys on the member list. But that's probably because its a midwest website with midwest co's and the ones that I checked were valid. So there might be truth to your statement SH1, but it contradicts all the info we got out here in the west.

I'll try to clairfy this for everyone.

In the late 80s,early 90s, Roadway tried to copy what CF had done with Conway. They had 4 regional operation units covering the entire country. There was Coles Express in the Northeast, Spartan Express in the Southeast, Central Freight in the Southwest and Viking in the West and Northwest.
These 4 compaines were eventually merged together under the Viking name and it was a HUGE failure. Coles and Spartan were closed, Central was sold off to managemt and Viking remained.
I don't remember the exact timeline but somewhere along the line Caliber Systems was formed as the holding company for these companies and was spun off from Roadway.

When all the dust settled, Caliber was left with Viking Freight, Roberts Express, Caliber Logistics and RPS(Roadway Package System).

In 1998, FedEx bought Caliber Systems. Viking Freight remained the same. Roberts Express was rebranded FedEx Custom Critical, RPS was rebranded FedEX Ground and I'm not sure what became of the logistics unit. I assume it got folded into FedEx.

In 2001, FedEx completed the purchase of American Freightways which went on to be rebranded FedEx Freight along with Viking.

As for Motor Cargo, They were bought by Neither UPRR or Overnite. They were bought by Overnite Holdings company which was a division of Union Pacific. Overnite Holdings was formed just before the purchase of MC to be a the parent company of both Overnite and MC

Silverhawk1 said:

AND YOU ARE STILL HIGH!!!!!!!! Neither one of those articles support sh$t......... So your point is ????????? GO TO THE ACTUAL SOURCES.

CFer said:

In the late 80s,early 90s, Roadway tried to copy what CF had done with Conway. They had 4 regional operation units covering the entire country. There was Coles Express in the Northeast, Spartan Express in the Southeast, Central Freight in the Southwest and Viking in the West and Northwest.
These 4 compaines were eventually merged together under the Viking name and it was a HUGE failure. Coles and Spartan were closed, Central was sold off to managemt and Viking remained.
I don't remember the exact timeline but somewhere along the line Caliber Systems was formed as the holding company for these companies and was spun off from Roadway.

When all the dust settled, Caliber was left with Viking Freight, Roberts Express, Caliber Logistics and RPS(Roadway Package System).

In 1998, FedEx bought Caliber Systems. Viking Freight remained the same. Roberts Express was rebranded FedEx Custom Critical, RPS was rebranded FedEX Ground and I'm not sure what became of the logistics unit. I assume it got folded into FedEx.

In 2001, FedEx completed the purchase of American Freightways which went on to be rebranded FedEx Freight along with Viking.

As for Motor Cargo, They were bought by Neither UPRR or Overnite. They were bought by Overnite Holdings company which was a division of Union Pacific. Overnite Holdings was formed just before the purchase of MC to be a the parent company of both Overnite and MC

There you go...... But from my understanding FedEx didn't really want anything to do with freight, but started to notice that Viking was making money, so they went forward with world domination.

CFer said:

I thought that is what I said, I must have been mistaken? Who owns Overnite Holdings, UPRR. Oh well, I'll just drop it.

steve5 said:
I thought that is what I said, I must have been mistaken? Who owns Overnite Holdings, UPRR. Oh well, I'll just drop it.

I am with ya!!!! Redundance is always good in an argument......We know the truth....Maybe because we work here or something?????

steve5 said:

I realize that Steve5. I was clearing it up for Silverhawk