TForce | Thirty and out rule?

steve5 said:
We sometimes get off topic and if I am the cause please forgive me.
I'm not blaming any one person in particular. I like reading the boards (been a while since I have visited).

It just seems after a while most of the topics get off course.

Silverhawk1 said:
Thanks CFer I appreciate the clarifications. I too was just simple trying to provide a time line of events. that just went totally off course.
Well, you sure went off corse with it, in reading post#50 it sure doesn't sound like you were providing a " time line of events" there. We all know what you were trying to provide.

steve5 said:
Well, you sure went off corse with it, in reading post#50 it sure doesn't sound like you were providing a " time line of events" there. We all know what you were trying to provide.
Yeah.... I was trying to clear up questions that someone had. Like I wasnt high.... and I was trying to be helpful by providing some sort of link that proved that American Freightways and Viking were affiliated back in the day before they became FedEx freight. and that Overnite did purchase Motor Cargo. Although someone thought that the websites that I found were so called not credible in there eyes. And oh thank you in advance for pointing out my "typo" error on the year. And as for the hole Overnite did this or not crap. We were told in a meeting right before this happened and they said that Overnite was purchasing Motor Cargo so that "WE" Overnite could continue to serve the western points that we used to serve using Viking freight. because American Freightways one of our main competitors wouldn't be letting us use one of there subsidiary companies to deliver our freight. I hope this clears things up with you.

Silverhawk1 said:
Yeah.... I was trying to clear up questions that someone had. Like I wasnt high.... and I was trying to be helpful by providing some sort of link that proved that American Freightways and Viking were affiliated back in the day before they became FedEx freight. and that Overnite did purchase Motor Cargo. Although someone thought that the websites that I found were so called not credible in there eyes. And oh thank you in advance for pointing out my "typo" error on the year. And as for the hole Overnite did this or not crap. We were told in a meeting right before this happened and they said that Overnite was purchasing Motor Cargo so that "WE" Overnite could continue to serve the western points that we used to serve using Viking freight. because American Freightways one of our main competitors wouldn't be letting us use one of there subsidiary companies to deliver our freight. I hope this clears things up with you.
Whatever you say bro.

Has anyone read the article from browncafe.com. it talks about the teamster/ups retirement. The teamsters gave yall up, under the new contract, you can read it, I have. You can no longer retire with thirty years, it is now 62 before you can retire and how much you want to bet that in 08 it will change to 65. My non-union ups retirement isn't like that. The union leadership will give up everyone to get what they want, their first intrest is not, I repeat not the union membership. It is the dollars, if they keep a contract no matter how bad you are screwed they still get their money, while the membership has longer to work with less retirement for it. READ THE CONTRACT, don't listen to these recruiters find out for your selves, or that used car they are selling you is going to cost you your future. Ive been on both sides of the fence

tocewl said:
Has anyone read the article from browncafe.com. it talks about the teamster/ups retirement. The teamsters gave yall up, under the new contract, you can read it, I have. You can no longer retire with thirty years, it is now 62 before you can retire and how much you want to bet that in 08 it will change to 65. My non-union ups retirement isn't like that. The union leadership will give up everyone to get what they want, their first intrest is not, I repeat not the union membership. It is the dollars, if they keep a contract no matter how bad you are screwed they still get their money, while the membership has longer to work with less retirement for it. READ THE CONTRACT, don't listen to these recruiters find out for your selves, or that used car they are selling you is going to cost you your future. Ive been on both sides of the fence

tocewl, Do you realize that there is no single Teamster pension. There are many different fund all operated seperate from each other and all with different rules and options.

The plan I'm in HAS NOT raised their retirement age. I think you need to find a better source for your information

tocewl said:

That's ok I still rather have my fully funded UPSF nonunion pension.

CFer said:
tocewl, Do you realize that there is no single Teamster pension. There are many different fund all operated seperate from each other and all with different rules and options.

The plan I'm in HAS NOT raised their retirement age. I think you need to find a better source for your information
CFer,
Tocewl has never let a little thing like the truth get in the way of some good, old fashioned Teamster bashing!