ABF | This ABF'er is voting NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

well guys, when you go to buy a car and the salesman says $15000 do you go 'sounds good" and write a check? this contract is no different. If you dont like what you see you dont buy it. Since the last contract the 020 road board has been cut from 23 roadmen to14. only one is laid off. It doesnt matter to me if this contract is what ABF ends up with or not ,its still a piece of garbage, and im not buying it!! Yea lets bring in a bunch of nonunion drivers to do line haul. I suggest you all read the "memorandum of aggreement" concerning "preferred carriers". Didnt get one at the union meeting? No surprise there.P.S. Ive seen enough of Trucker Bob and the FT. Hee Haw gangs nonsense. Lets send them back to the table with YRC(the union) and then deal with FT. Hee Haw.

I would like to see less farm out at other locations & more teamsters in the shop. We are losing many dues paying members by allowing the company to outsource work that is not warranty.

AMEN. I really wish the same, the wrenches in our shops are the industries best. Problem is, they don't let them fix the trucks the way they need to be. Give the shops a dagonne budget and let them fix the darn trucks instead of just keepin um runnin.

Hey Big Bro Mikey,

A friend of mine is on the chicago negotiatiing team and guess what he says about ABF's negotiators? They didn't come preparred for negotiating. And after our own LiL' Bobby Davidson tried to tell us in the by-lines that ABF was all along SO SO willing to come to the tableto negotiate with us. Don't worry, Pat Flynn is a shrewd negotiator in his own right. 710 will prevail !!! Look me up in the yard @ 034 and we'll rap. See ya around troublemaker.
Red Spotter 034

confusing is what abf wants

Hey Big Bro Mikey,

A friend of mine is on the chicago negotiatiing team and guess what he says about ABF's negotiators? They didn't come preparred for negotiating. And after our own LiL' Bobby Davidson tried to tell us in the by-lines that ABF was all along SO SO willing to come to the tableto negotiate with us. Don't worry, Pat Flynn is a shrewd negotiator in his own right. 710 will prevail !!! Look me up in the yard @ 034 and we'll rap. See ya around troublemaker.
Red Spotter 034
they want you to believe all the crap about how the pension is paid out!! and tell you that a company sponserd pension is better wes kemp and all the hihg paid ceo's are full of bull! and everything abf proposed is whats in the contract now. the ultilty driver is are pse driver they just want us out of the pension and give us some crappy 401k...:chairshot:

Hey Big Bro Mikey,

Red Spotter 034

You are right RED, we have the best of the best here at 710, and for that I thank GOD.

I'll be looking for ya.

Mikey

Lost @ Oo4- Little Rock

Hey Red Spotter & Mikey, keep me posted about the contract talks between ABF and IBT .

IBT, probably could not understand what Bob Davidson is trying to say. Wes Kemp, probably is the speech thearpist for Bob Davidson.

Hey Red Spotter & Mikey, keep me posted about the contract talks between ABF and IBT .

IBT, probably could not understand what Bob Davidson is trying to say. Wes Kemp, probably is the speech thearpist for Bob Davidson.

The problem is that no one on planet earth is unaware of what Bob wants. He has tried to sell his plan in every type of media known to man. He wants out of the pension, he wants more employee flexibility. Now that they are showing us how they are going to continue to terrorize the employees, I don't think there is a driver, dock man, hostler, mechanic or office person, who is willing to consider any offering that isn't less than what YRC has been offered.

A little 'birdy' told me that ABF agreed on the contract on yesterday(Tuesday) late.

Has anyone heard anything?

LOST IN LIT-004

I spoke with our business agent late last night and he told me he had just talked to Tyson. Tyson said that ABF had signed off on the Master Freight Agreement and all of it's supplements, and that they would remain in the Multi Employer Pension Fund. So, ABF will not get a seperate contract and they will not get the pension fund like they wanted according to Tyson.

I spoke with our business agent late last night and he told me he had just talked to Tyson. Tyson said that ABF had signed off on the Master Freight Agreement and all of it's supplements, and that they would remain in the Multi Employer Pension Fund. So, ABF will not get a seperate contract and they will not get the pension fund like they wanted according to Tyson.

Well that is good news!

i suppose its possible, I just called DC and my guy is at lunch. I dont believe anything till I see it in writing.

Hey Big Bro Mikey,

Red Spotter 034

Hey Red, I know your guys there and your steward on the committee is a good guy.
ABF managers including the local schmutzes. Ron, George, and Mike, aint nuthin compared to our great leaders at Local 710. Now that I think of it ron gorge and mike do look alot like the three stooges. Speakin of stooges, you guys need to look out for that linhaul dispatcher steve. He will sink you guys in a second. Hes a narc, and his ole man is the safety goof from across the fence at big r.
we found him under brinkers desk last week.

Our guys are going for work rules changes and we can strike if we dont get a reasonable change, we will shut the joint down. Our guys have the picket signs ready to go and on the premises. We aint gonna let these ash cracks push us around no more. specially these new kids.

Hey Red, I know your guys there and your steward on the committee is a good guy.
ABF managers including the local schmutzes. Ron, George, and Mike, aint nuthin compared to our great leaders at Local 710. Now that I think of it ron gorge and mike do look alot like the three stooges. Speakin of stooges, you guys need to look out for that linhaul dispatcher steve. He will sink you guys in a second. Hes a narc, and his ole man is the safety goof from across the fence at big r.
we found him under brinkers desk last week.

Our guys are going for work rules changes and we can strike if we dont get a reasonable change, we will shut the joint down. Our guys have the picket signs ready to go and on the premises. We aint gonna let these ash cracks push us around no more. specially these new kids.

Alright man, it's off to Atlantis with you. My protege and myself has arranged for a complimentary night out. Just mention my name to the parking valet, and you are in. If you need call me and we will get you a ride home if you have a few Sambucas too many. You gotta relax dude. It will be okay. This aint 1961 anymore, put the ball bat back in the trunk you aint gonna need it. (I hope).

2008 not 1961!

Alright man, it's off to Atlantis with you. My protege and myself has arranged for a complimentary night out. Just mention my name to the parking valet, and you are in. If you need call me and we will get you a ride home if you have a few Sambucas too many. You gotta relax dude. It will be okay. This aint 1961 anymore, put the ball bat back in the trunk you aint gonna need it. (I hope).

lol..... how do I get one of those complimentary nights out on the town????

You all come up and visit me - it's not like I have anything else to do. College town makes for good sightseeing...:)