Holland | This happen any where else?

Grumpy

TB Lurker
Credits
Arrived in KC this AM and the guard got on the radio and asked what door my trailer was going into. He told me to back into that door and chock not drop. Already canceled one am yard bid.

Arrived in KC this AM and the guard got on the radio and asked what door my trailer was going into. He told me to back into that door and chock not drop. Already canceled one am yard bid.

Was told that Scott W. put out a message to all TMs to have road drivers passing through due their own drop and hooks, road drivers going to bed (foreign) to back tractor and trailer into a door and do not drop, and for home drivers to put it on the ready line. Memo he sent down to all TMs they were told not to share this with the members. Does not have approval from the Union to do this as this is still on hold. He is trying to get away with what ever he can. One thing to remember is do not refuse to do this but file a grievance for working out of job classification and penalty for this.

Was told that Scott W. put out a message to all TMs to have road drivers passing through due their own drop and hooks, road drivers going to bed (foreign) to back tractor and trailer into a door and do not drop, and for home drivers to put it on the ready line. Memo he sent down to all TMs they were told not to share this with the members. Does not have approval from the Union to do this as this is still on hold. He is trying to get away with what ever he can. One thing to remember is do not refuse to do this but file a grievance for working out of job classification and penalty for this.
I think this is a grievance for the yard and road driver. I'll back it in, but you can bet your ass i'll drop it too. If i'm putting it to the dock, i'll get paid to do it. Yard has grievance on job classification.

This IS a job classification violation for both the yard and linehaul. A driver is to be paid for all work performed. He is to charge time spent.No action on the yard should occur until the driver has punched in as per the contract.This is a easy one to win as far as charging a penalty. The work rules were put on hold until further notice as posted and as far as we are concerned no agreement has been reached until notified by the IBT and our locals. Scott W needs to understand he ain't at conway anymore.The members need to stand firm and hold the company and the IBT to the agreed contract the same as they do us. Rember the union is only as strong as its MEMBERS.

If they tell me to put one to the dock, I will grab a yard man to make a note of the trailer number to file on. Don't get me wrong....i'll put it to the dock AND drop it so I get paid too. This is bull.

Since the MOU.They are telling us at NPME that all terminals are considered end of line so what they do is have new england men do there own switch because we get paid anyways,and guys who give up time like pa.ny. etc. they yard man does it and the rdmen get zero.As always 99% of rdmen back in for free at home or when they go to bed. but not drop so no pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
here in b'more we get 15 mins in the morning also we get 15 to back in at an open terminal when they are going to work the trailer and we're going on.

Belly acking

Stop this bellyacking you voted for this crap so stop sqawking you all got what you deserved when you voted yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop this bellyacking you voted for this crap so stop sqawking you all got what you deserved when you voted yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The major mistake in you post forum member is the use of the work YOU . I don't think you had access to my ballot or any other members beside your own. The problem lies with the IBT not making clear the terminolgy they used in their agreement. Holland has no official end of the line or breakbulk terminals or frieght lanes. Therein lies most of the problem and Scott W has taken it upon himself to try and use this to the companys advantage.

The major mistake in you post forum member is the use of the work YOU . I don't think you had access to my ballot or any other members beside your own. The problem lies with the IBT not making clear the terminolgy they used in their agreement. Holland has no official end of the line or breakbulk terminals or frieght lanes. Therein lies most of the problem and Scott W has taken it upon himself to try and use this to the companys advantage.

i dont think he directed any certain individual (no quote with post)
he has a point

The major mistake in you post forum member is the use of the work YOU . I don't think you had access to my ballot or any other members beside your own. The problem lies with the IBT not making clear the terminology they used in their agreement. Holland has no official end of the line or break bulk terminals or freight lanes. Therein lies most of the problem and Scott W has taken it upon himself to try and use this to the company's advantage.

I meant all ( as in all of us ) not you as in 1 person but you should check your spelling Ziggy b/4 you post and I just pulled the plug this year so I wont have to put up with Yrc and the Union pimping me any more

1.Well as far as the spelling goes maybe only having a tenth grade education might have a little to do with the problem.(not going to drag out the Websters for every litte post and this PC dosen't have spell ck.) Still as ignorant as I am I have managed to put two children thru college. 2.For your claim of being pimped by the union. Remember the members are the union.It shows the lack of members being active in their union by what the IBT is getting by with without having their feet held to the fire. Most locals have very poor involvement from members that are lazy and want to sit back and complain. Been doing this since 1973 and see the particapition dwindleing more and more every year. it won't get any better till this current batch of members get off their butt and be active. It may be too late.3. This is a union only board so if I'm correct meant for current union members only.Good luck in whatever you choose to do in the future. I'm now off the soap box.

Yep, it was voted through so everybody must do anything the co. tells you to do! non-union here we come!

Correct it was voted on and accepted and it was also protested and put on hold thru the legal process. Until told otherwise by the IBT or local it is not contractual and if forced to follow by the company then members should take the appropriate action.

1.Well as far as the spelling goes maybe only having a tenth grade education might have a little to do with the problem.(not going to drag out the Websters for every litte post and this PC dosen't have spell ck.) Still as ignorant as I am I have managed to put two children thru college. 2.For your claim of being pimped by the union. Remember the members are the union.It shows the lack of members being active in their union by what the IBT is getting by with without having their feet held to the fire. Most locals have very poor involvement from members that are lazy and want to sit back and complain. Been doing this since 1973 and see the particapition dwindleing more and more every year. it won't get any better till this current batch of members get off their butt and be active. It may be too late.3. This is a union only board so if I'm correct meant for current union members only.Good luck in whatever you choose to do in the future. I'm now off the soap box.

I have been involved in the Union for as long as you ( 73 ) and I might add it has takin me 36.5 years to get a 25 year pension I have worked for union only company's and in doing so I have went out of business with 6 and my Family has suffered in doing so ! But they were all good company's I would go back to all of them ( except 1 ) in a heart beat, and I have been pro union all my life I do attend meetings and will continue to but after all this time I have never and I repeat never once got a job offer or even a cup of coffee from the union or one of my so called union brothers when I was out of work so my friend let me finish by saying this in 1969 at 16 years old ( I lied abut my age ) I joined the only Gang if you will in my life and that was the USMC and after 2 tours in Nam I have come to the conclusion that my only so called brothers are MARINES and I am just a fat old Marine now but I will always be a MARINE so I will take my pension and give my opinion on this board when ever I want as long as they will allow me to and you can go pound sand if you get me drift I never meant to get in an argument on here just place my opinion but now I realize why I retired I thought it was to get away from a Company that was screwing US ( and a Union )but in reality it was to get away from truck drivers that are so smart they could run this company ,and the Union better than any one else, so many of you are wasting your Talent you should be in Washington with Yo mama the Saviour ! Have a great day or better yet a life !!!

Last edited by a moderator: