Holland | This happen any where else?

Grumpy I heard that the Danny the supervisor was hostling trailers Friday while the city stewart and two casuals were on the dock

I spoke with Greg Alden (Natl Freight Directors office) last week and he said that this has not been resolved yet. He also said that both city and road should be filing grievances.

Meeting being held today in Chicago at 1:00 pm . Dosen't mean they will work it out but at least they are stiil talking

Grumpy I heard that the Danny the supervisor was hostling trailers Friday while the city stewart and two casuals were on the dock

I doubt it but I gotta say nothing would surprise me. The steward works an earlier shift than Danny and he ain't the type to stick around later for free anyway

I spoke with Greg Alden (Natl Freight Directors office) last week and he said that this has not been resolved yet. He also said that both city and road should be filing grievances.

wow, i called greg 3 weeks ago and still havent heard anything from him. we have been forced on the 10 minute breaks since nov 15 with approval from our ba. he said that the 8 and 10 hr barns were the only ones that got to keep the 15 min breaks in the letter from tyson, whats funny is it isnt they way i read the 8j paragraph? any comments? are we the only local in michigan allowing them to do this? please let me know, so i can grieve it.

We only had 10 minute breaks to begin with up here. That's all that we have ever had. Sorry, can't help ya.

Can you tell me what article???

Grumpy, Sorry it took so long for the reply, any grievance concerning out-of-classification work has to state the M.O.U. in name and the article number. This way it bypasses the standard grievance processa and goes directly to the committee for hearing. It's very important that the M.O.U is noted as the related article not the NMFA. Only ever had 10 minutes here in DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memphis also started the 10 minute break mid Nov. Also the 1 hour lunch may be forced on us in the event the dispatcher deems it necessary.

Dropping and Hooking your self

I have been doing it in DE. Just dropping when I arived,Then I went to WH'same deal put it in 28 door drop it and put tractor in fuel isle'Then I came out of bed that night ,they were all working .They told me to go hook myself,There were 3 yard men with saftey vests standing by the pole watching me do their work.I filed on it when I got home,Ill let you know what happens.If this keeps up with utility centers and now this if your not a traviling dock road city yard man you wont be working.Someone needs to put a stop to this BS.

Keep filing grievances, calling your hall, calling the international and voice your displeasure with their lack of handling this. Let them know that if they approve anything other than what was presented at the meetings b4 ratification that you DEMAND a re-vote. This is what YOU can do about this.