This is a tad tricky what to do?

Way back in January when I first started school, I should probably send in my resume again and this time now that school is less then 60 days from being over quite a bit less actually they might be interested. Also the fact that I have a Class B earned and 85% of there fleet is straight trucks that probably helps my case even more. They have a now hiring ad on there website up and it's been up since August of 2013, but I don't really know what to make of that, if they are even hiring or not, however I should probably reapply if they hired me that would be the ultimate end game right there, I would just stick around and stay there.
Reapply. Northern takes "B" drivers and trains then to get their "A", you already have one and are working on the other. Also, the busy season is starting and vacations are kicking in. You may not get a route right off the bat but they may use you as Utility. Covering vacations, call offs, sick days, and warehouse. It's a foot in the door. And get doubles endorsement. That's a plus there. They have yards also.

Reapply. Northern takes "B" drivers and trains then to get their "A", you already have one and are working on the other. Also, the busy season is starting and vacations are kicking in. You may not get a route right off the bat but they may use you as Utility. Covering vacations, call offs, sick days, and warehouse. It's a foot in the door. And get doubles endorsement. That's a plus there. They have yards also.

I sent in my resume again yesterday I said that I was ready to finish school and already had a B CDL on an A permit and was gearing up to take the CDL A test in the next couple of weeks. Really I'm just waiting in line I took off work tomorrow and Thursday to go to truck school to get caught up on some hours that I was behind on. I have work on Saturday so I wont be going to school on Saturday, but I'll go Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday and that will get me 24 hours added to my card which gosh is probably all I am really missing so that should catch me up and then maybe I can get a CDL test scheduled, at this rate because the school is so backed up probably after easter, I really didn't want to drag it out this long, but oh well.

My whole take on it, is this I figure the CDL test is no big deal look at it as a dry run take the test, if I pass it on the first try great, if I pass the pre trip and backing, but for some strange reason fail the road that's okay at least I know what I need to work on or vise versa it's not a big deal. I would venture to take it next week if I could I'm not scared I failed the bus the first time I took it, but came back the second time and got through no problem. Trucks the same way usually all the guys at my school who got in trouble on that test the first time usually make it through no problem the second time so what ever.

So I got a call from Schneider today about PolyOne dedicated, it's pretty much an out and back account. Your home for your 34 hour reset well usually they try to get you home over the weekend so probably around 1.5-2 days off a week and then back out on the road. It's east of Minnesota. It's by no means OTR. The starting pay for a new guy like me is $0.27.5 cpm and then every quarter after sometime it goes up $0.02 cpm. It does have some Canada which that doesn't really bother me, it's okay I guess.

So the choices are pretty much Schneider PolyOne, Teams at US Xpress, The Beer Company or maybe and it's a very long shot, but North Haserot Brandt.

The beer company the more I think about it sounds better and better.

.0275/mile you MIGHT be able to afford some of the peanut butter and jelly you were talking about earlier. I'd run like hell from that one. Beer would pay more, be more secure (what happens to you when/if Schneider loses that dedicated account?), and you'll have free time at home to enjoy the new life you've gone to school to create for yourself.

.0275/mile you MIGHT be able to afford some of the peanut butter and jelly you were talking about earlier. I'd run like hell from that one. Beer would pay more, be more secure (what happens to you when/if Schneider loses that dedicated account?), and you'll have free time at home to enjoy the new life you've gone to school to create for yourself.

Yeah I'm a tad disappointed in the pay at Schneider too. I'll certainly be able to afford some peanut butter and jelly and maybe a Sunday news paper, but that would be a stretch. I did think about that what if Schneider does lose the account? I guess I can cross that one off the list.
The more I thought about it this morning while I was at work, the more I thought the beer company sounded pretty good, Northern Haserot would be good too, but the beer company would be a good start.

I read some of the employee reviews of the beer company I applied to, overall the people who work there don't have anything real negative to say about it so that's good. I pretty much figure, show up on time do your job, get it all done and then go home, that's pretty much the end of the story. The beer company says the routes usually start around 4:30am-6:00am so right in line with food service and if you start at 4:30am your probably done around what 2:00pm give or take?

$.27/mile is a damn joke. I'd tell them that and say, "April Fool's, right?". OOOO big $.02/mile raise that'd go far. At that I'd recommend beer.

$.27/mile is a damn joke. I'd tell them that and say, "April Fool's, right?". OOOO big $.02/mile raise that'd go far. At that I'd recommend beer.

My dad said to me $0.27cpm isn't very good, I think the beer company is probably what's going to happen it makes the most sense. It's local here in town, eventually I can take the CDL test within the company after I get my Class A and run the routes. It's not over night and Monday-Friday more likely then not. I can't ever say I've seen the beer companies delivering over the weekend.
I guess that's probably what I should do.

I did apply to work in the warehouse at Northern Haserot Brandt Meats. Will see what happens with that. I will say this about Northern Haserot Brandt they are pretty impressive they have there own meat cutting facility and everything. It looks like they have a very nice selection of meats real top shelf stuff.

I did apply to work in the warehouse at Northern Haserot Brandt Meats. Will see what happens with that. I will say this about Northern Haserot Brandt they are pretty impressive they have there own meat cutting facility and everything. It looks like they have a very nice selection of meats real top shelf stuff.

It's where I get my steaks for the grill ;) (Brandt and 3/S are identical ;) )