This is Getting Out of Hand!

Unionlife

TB Lurker
Credits
These are the Facts: Fact #1 Drivers complaining that we haven't had a raise in 6 1/2 years. Fact #2: Very few of the Drivers spoke up at any meetings held by NCT (prior to Union organization) Fact #3: Health Care Cost is out of hand. Fact #4: Drivers once again complained about the long hours at NCT with no overtime. Fact #5: Drivers complaining about poor treatment by lower management. Fact #6: Drivers complaining about maintenance of equipment.
Lets face it, now that you have the opportunity to do something about it all you do is bash the Union and each other. We are not getting anywhere! It has come down to name calling and calling each other out. Anytime someone had a question about Representation, the Drivers on this sight have tried either through experience or through the best sources for the answers. I think we should all settle down and listen to each other and come to a common ground. We all want the best for ourselves and our families. So if you are against the currant situation at NCT then vote Yes. There are experienced Teamsters on here that can answer your questions. Please allow them to answer and don't bash them because they are answering your questions through their experiences.
I know this has been frustrating...it has for me anyway.

Fact #7: I am not a Union Rep. Fact #8: I am a Local Driver for 11 1/2 yrs Fact #9: Should by some chance Teamster Representation fail to be voted in, please no more whining! That is why this campaign was started in the first place!
Please let's make this thread informative and helpful.

I totally agree with all you have said but the 4 on here that are against the union
Have started with the name calling and bashing peoples work ethics so on so forth.
We have answered their questions 100 plus times over and over. They don't want to believe us
So at this point we should all just ignore the 4 of them and move onto people we can educate in the process of this campaign.
There is no getting through to the 4 of them. They have shown their true colors over the past week.

I totally agree with all you have said but the 4 on here that are against the union
Have started with the name calling and bashing peoples work ethics so on so forth.
We have answered their questions 100 plus times over and over. They don't want to believe us
So at this point we should all just ignore the 4 of them and move onto people we can educate in the process of this campaign.
There is no getting through to the 4 of them. They have shown their true colors over the past week.
I totally agree! I am in for ignoring them!! Let's help the guys that have legitimate questions!!!

there are about 8 people on here that actively engage with one another 4 pro union 4 against...and alot of whining is messing up the two sides lets remember we are all part of the same company and try to keep it to whats going on

i think its difficult because one side or the other calls each other idiots or w.e. because we dont see eye to eye

i would love to see the people aside from the ones that have commented daily, where they stand so lets give them a chance to speak out and not flood them with anything

Wow hear the crickets chirping ~~~~~~~~

Fact ,,,,, the union can not promise you nothing & can not provide anything in writing stating we will get raises or free healthcare and pensions.

Fact YRC is going under and the Teamsters as a business need to organize to replace the impending lost revenues.

Fact and maybe more of a question,,,, if it's so damn bad here and your all soooo mis-treated why the hell do you stay here. Go work for ABF or Yellow or UPSF.

Fact you have ex employees that were caught stealing time selling the union. How are we supposed to trust a Union or relies on liars and cheats to organize the drivers ?

And last fact if this gets voted in we will be starting from ground zero. Sorry I like my 3 weeks vacation soon to be 4 and 5 personals etc etc.

Stealing time .name them big mouth .another round of false facts .after this is over I will personally have a lawyer sue those from mgmt and drivers that have falsely accused employees and and past employees on this site .the internet is a wonderful thing with IP address leading right to their location

thats funny cause if i was brian f or jerry s the union would be sued for slander and libel, for demeaning their reputation and sending out things to us saying that they took bonuses and not taking pay reductions...and that was sent out in print and online...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fact is,most of you guys will still be working along side one another after the vote.

Fact is,no minds are being changed among the several NCT drivers on here.

I know you guys are headstrong on your views of organizing and both have made their arguments.Dont turn your forum into a schoolyard pissing match,with childish name calling and derogatory remarks to each other.Agree to disagree and wait for your vote.

Yes there is a filing for an IPO it never happened, no values were ever established, those were what ifs had the company gone public, we all would have benefitted from that, we wouldn't be on here arguing we would have the 5% and then some, it clearly states there was 5 and 10% reduction in salary voluntarily, there was no bonus mentioned in the IPO, if it went through I'm sure we all would have gotten bonuses or whatever but

It did not and here we are

All drivers on board there are no questions. The fab 4 on here are all office workers.
Just stop responding to them . They will go away!!!

I totally agree, not answering the same questions over and over to the same 4 people. I have posted all my positive experiences with the unions over my 38 years and have always been represented with no complaints. That dates back to the mid 70's until early 2006. Honestly, I have never witnessed the union setting the membership into a downward spin. We always received something positive each and every time a contract was negotiated. We may have given some things up but were always compensated in other ways for the give back. In the end, both sides of the table were happy. What most fail to realize is the union is not aiming to make companies go broke. All they want is a fair and reasonable wage with benefits that fits the company's profile. I think that's the dispute here. Some seem to think the union will bleed the company dry, but that's not the case. All they want for you is a decent way of life. Years and years of nothing to offer, yet profits being made is not fair to any employee, regardless of who they work for. The question still remains.... are you willing to settle for what's given to you or think you're worth more. My dad was a Teamster for 41 years. He started and ended his career at Cooper Jarrett. In those 41 years, 25 of them were spent as a Shop Steward, protecting his men on the job. Even before I chose to follow in his footsteps he often told me " never settle for what's offered, because whatever career you choose, your professionalism and dedication is always worth more." That idea stuck with me throughout my career. My dad is now 93 and still collecting his pension for over 32 years. That pension, which was funded by a company that went out of business 31 years ago, was secured by the Federal Government Law. As a union member he has been guaranteed that monthly check. Yes, membership has declined drastically over the years, but the money is still there, thanks in part to wise investments even during numerous downturns in the economy. That tells me that my retirement pension is secure. A fact noted on a personal level.

The fab 4 are not drivers just office personnel stirring the pot so ignore them at this point and
Only answer new people with questions.. Thanks for your help.

I totally agree, not answering the same questions over and over to the same 4 people. I have posted all my positive experiences with the unions over my 38 years and have always been represented with no complaints. That dates back to the mid 70's until early 2006. Honestly, I have never witnessed the union setting the membership into a downward spin. We always received something positive each and every time a contract was negotiated. We may have given some things up but were always compensated in other ways for the give back. In the end, both sides of the table were happy. What most fail to realize is the union is not aiming to make companies go broke. All they want is a fair and reasonable wage with benefits that fits the company's profile. I think that's the dispute here. Some seem to think the union will bleed the company dry, but that's not the case. All they want for you is a decent way of life. Years and years of nothing to offer, yet profits being made is not fair to any employee, regardless of who they work for. The question still remains.... are you willing to settle for what's given to you or think you're worth more. My dad was a Teamster for 41 years. He started and ended his career at Cooper Jarrett. In those 41 years, 25 of them were spent as a Shop Steward, protecting his men on the job. Even before I chose to follow in his footsteps he often told me " never settle for what's offered, because whatever career you choose, your professionalism and dedication is always worth more." That idea stuck with me throughout my career. My dad is now 93 and still collecting his pension for over 32 years. That pension, which was funded by a company that went out of business 31 years ago, was secured by the Federal Government Law. As a union member he has been guaranteed that monthly check. Yes, membership has declined drastically over the years, but the money is still there, thanks in part to wise investments even during numerous downturns in the economy. That tells me that my retirement pension is secure. A fact noted on a personal level.
Thanks for sharing...my Dad was a pipe fitter out of Local 322... He passed away in 2005 and my Mother receives his pension and free healthcare. My Mother would be struggling if it wasn't for my Dad...and the union.

My dad took the pension option to also protect my mom should something happen to him also. That example alone is a hidden benefit that most non-union workers are unaware of. Lifetime pension checks to your spouse is the same option I chose. Just another way the union not only works for you but your loved ones.

Yes there is a filing for an IPO it never happened, no values were ever established, those were what ifs had the company gone public, we all would have benefitted from that, we wouldn't be on here arguing we would have the 5% and then some, it clearly states there was 5 and 10% reduction in salary voluntarily, there was no bonus mentioned in the IPO, if it went through I'm sure we all would have gotten bonuses or whatever but

It did not and here we are
They admitted taking the bonuses at the breakfast....where were you?

Incorrect yet again let me roll out the dialogue for you!

The gentleman who brought up the hoovers report J. Sip stated he had some report saying that BF and JS took bonuses,

That was immediately denied by both parties, which then prompted the famous question from J Sip " I'm not calling anyone a liar but do I believe you or the internet"

That was the full dialogue end of story