Holland | This is my response to the video...

animal70X7

TB Lurker
Credits
Mr Welch:

I work at Holland and am a Linehaul driver. Things here have become sickening. I have watched what appears to be implementation of YRC policies and systems to the great detriment of this company. It has only continued to worsen since you have returned. It has not improved. In my worst nightmares, I would never imagined moral at Holland to be so bad. Which is probably why you have "absenteeism problems. The one thing I could never understand is how a company would buy a competitor that was outperforming them in every way and change the purchased company and not implement the successful policies of the company they bought, in hopes of making themselves better. It has not been so with YRC. I daily watch management personnel implementing the latest changes to a company that has been for decades the #1 regional carrier. This only ruins the confidence of the employees who have been doing this job for years, to the direct success of Holland. In the Linehaul division, we watch the company waste tens of thousands of dollars(probably hundreds of thousands) on disciplinary letters for minor offenses, most of which are just honest mistakes. In my terminal, we seem to go through supervisors like water, at least 8 in the last 2 years. Which means a new set of ideas and ways of doing things with every new supervisor. I can't even begin to understand the great frustration of the local cartage guys. I've listened to the video, read the press releases, looked at the pretty charts. You are at the table, in the news, in my mailbox, begging for more, longer concession. ( increased flexibility and rules changes are concessions.) I fully understand that we are part of YRC Worldwide. But please tell me what YRC is going to do specifically, what new business model are you going to implement, that would give me any, even the smallest, hope that you could succeed, when all I have seen is failure since you purchased us. Please don't cry to me about what the last administration did (which you were part of). Please layout in detail what you are going to do differently? How are you going to improve moral? Which would end your "absenteeism problem". So far you have shown me no reason to vote for ongoing concessions. You have only shown me the blame game and fear tactics. PLEASE show me something worth listening to. Please show me actual proof, statements from lenders that they will ACTUALLY loan YRC money or change the terms of its current debt. Because right now, what you have show us only gives me reason to vehemently encourage every YRC driver to vote NO!

I welcome your response

Animal this post should be printed and posted on every terminal board. Your post represents my feelings along with most of my co-workers. Will be posted on MEMPHIS board Monday.

Animal,that is an extremely well thought out response to the ongoing turmoil within all the YRC companies .TK.

This a letter I'm mailing to Mr. Welch, Mr. Ware & Mr. Hoffa;

Dear Mr. Ware,

I just received the DVD that was sent out and I watched it. I'm writing you because I feel you are asking for the help so whom better to ask the questions to, don't you think?

Here is a very conservative figure; At 46hrs/week my give back was $182.02 we'll drop the .02 for simplicity sake. So at 25,000 teamsters that comes out to $4,550,000.00/wk, or $20,475,000.00/month, for a grand total of $245,700,000.00 a year, or $1,228,500,000.00 over 5 years.

Now lets bring in all employee's (35,0000) at the same figure of $182.00/wk; that would be $6,370,000.00/wk or $28,665,000.00/month for a grand total of $ $343,980,000.00 a year, or $1,719,900,000.00 over 5 years.

Scott that's a hell of a lot of money, so now for the really hard question, where did it go?

So now the corporation says the banks need something from the Teamsters to show we're committed to the financial stability of the corporation, but you keep eluding to "flexibility in the contract". How is changing the language going to show more stability to the banks? Can we see the letter from the bankers that says they need this? Also what changes are to be implemented to turn this train wreck of a corporation around? To me all we will be doing is throwing good money for bad, but hey I'm just a truck driver who doesn't see the "big picture"! I have some suggestions for what it's worth.

Scott another question that most of us Teamsters have is what commitment does the Upper Management have for the turn around of this Corporation? What are the wage reductions they are giving up? Obviously the corporation can not sustain the wage and benefit package that is in place now. Mr. Welch receives a salary of $500,000.00 - $700,000.00 per year seems a little excessive considering the fiscal condition of the corporation, don't you think? I won't even go down the list of CFO, COO's etc.. I think you see where I'm going with this.. Maybe we would be more inclined to agree to an extension of the MOU as is if there was a VERY SERIOUS WAGE & BENEFIT REDUCTION by the top people in the corporation.

If they can get you guys to agree to an extension by using the "bait and switch" tactic again, they will use it. They will make their "equal sacrifice" and take some cuts to bait you in to agree to more concession. Then they'll pull the old "switch" tactic and give the management concessions back to them after six months, just like they did in the past. All while you guy's concessions are drug out for another 5 years.

Yep, Your "donations" have been appreciated so far. Their incompetence hasn't changed any. Fill their bucket back up, so that they have more room for inefficiency.

toilet-bucket-money.jpg

I'm still waiting for a response from Mr Welch, not holding my breath mind you. I posted this on their ?'s area in the "driveontogether" propaganda site...

Thanks guys. Feel free to post this anywhere.

Don't lose sight of the fact that we represent 30% of the total number of votes (with New Penn and Reddaway) If we vote as one we can sway this vote. Only 29% of those who recieved ballots on the first MOU bothered to vote. If we all voted NO it would have failed miserably. Encourage (beat it into their heads if necessary) everyone to not be fooled by YRCW's scare tactics. DO NOT vote from a position of fear. We have a responsibility to those who come behind us not to forever hamstring them and destroy their future just because we are afraid of some "possible" hard times. YRCW is counting on you being afraid for you job as they waste the 350 MILLION dollars a year that they are saving on wages alone, and probably another 350 million from not paying into the pension and lost vacation.

Mr Welch:

I work at Holland and am a Linehaul driver. Things here have become sickening. I have watched what appears to be implementation of YRC policies and systems to the great detriment of this company. It has only continued to worsen since you have returned. It has not improved. In my worst nightmares, I would never imagined moral at Holland to be so bad. Which is probably why you have "absenteeism problems. The one thing I could never understand is how a company would buy a competitor that was outperforming them in every way and change the purchased company and not implement the successful policies of the company they bought, in hopes of making themselves better. It has not been so with YRC. I daily watch management personnel implementing the latest changes to a company that has been for decades the #1 regional carrier. This only ruins the confidence of the employees who have been doing this job for years, to the direct success of Holland. In the Linehaul division, we watch the company waste tens of thousands of dollars(probably hundreds of thousands) on disciplinary letters for minor offenses, most of which are just honest mistakes. In my terminal, we seem to go through supervisors like water, at least 8 in the last 2 years. Which means a new set of ideas and ways of doing things with every new supervisor. I can't even begin to understand the great frustration of the local cartage guys. I've listened to the video, read the press releases, looked at the pretty charts. You are at the table, in the news, in my mailbox, begging for more, longer concession. ( increased flexibility and rules changes are concessions.) I fully understand that we are part of YRC Worldwide. But please tell me what YRC is going to do specifically, what new business model are you going to implement, that would give me any, even the smallest, hope that you could succeed, when all I have seen is failure since you purchased us. Please don't cry to me about what the last administration did (which you were part of). Please layout in detail what you are going to do differently? How are you going to improve moral? Which would end your "absenteeism problem". So far you have shown me no reason to vote for ongoing concessions. You have only shown me the blame game and fear tactics. PLEASE show me something worth listening to. Please show me actual proof, statements from lenders that they will ACTUALLY loan YRC money or change the terms of its current debt. Because right now, what you have show us only gives me reason to vehemently encourage every YRC driver to vote NO!

I welcome your response
Welch doesnt have the nuggets or care to respond to you or anyone of use,, hes a spineless greedy F**K!!!

What I'm trying to figure out is why if YRC is so in need of money, why do I keep recieving DVD's and other mailings telling me that the company is in financial trouble? Also, we have more management people at our terminal than at any time in my 20+ years at Holland. We have management tripping over each other. Maybe the company could get rid of some more company cars and the people that ride around in them. And maybe, just maybe the company could try to figure out how to keep their current employees instead of sending John Muzina (or however you spell it) around to terminals trying to fire employees. Maybe if it was fun to come to work like it was 8 years ago people wouldn't want to miss work and have no interest whether to show up or not. I never wanted to miss work years ago, but since YRC bought Holland, I really don't care anymore. It's just a paycheck, nothing more.