This is not about trucking but I would like to hear your comments.

Not much can be said.
This reporter in the video stated the guy with the farm tractor should not have been on the highway.
Probably because a farm tractor is not able to maintain highway speeds.
He was a threat to all who were driving at the speed limit,and unfortunately there was a tragedy because of his poor judgment.

if the truck was going 45mph under the speed limit and a car hit him, the trucker would have been charged. the only saving grace to the suv driver's family is a civil suit which they should win. May he RIP

The recent Semi/Tour Bus crash that killed the trucker could have been similar as,the bus was re-entering the thruway,from a standing stop.
The maximum truway speed is 65 MPH,however most travel at a speed 5 to 10 MPH higher to keep with the average traffic flow.
Going anywhere under 65 could impeed the flow of traffic if most are maintaning a higher speed.

So this bus driver may of either not been focused on the vehicles approching from behind him,and just pulled into the lane at a much slower speed.
Which would have caused the semi driver to not have enough room to go around,or stop in time.

The other issue I have thought about is there are a few hills and curves in that area.
I feel this bus driver should have called the NY State Troopers to assist him in re-entering the highway,instead of trying to do so on his own.

But by now we know he wouldn't have called the cops for any help,seeing his NY right to drive was suspended since 2009.
Being a former UPS Freight safety trainer,I learned the highest percentage of all motor vehicle crashes are caused by human error.
Someone was not focused on what they were doing.

Probe of fatal NY bus crash looks at speed, timing - seattlepi.com

Sorry othertrucker2001 but you willn't be able to HEAR our comments.

A slow moving HAZARD on ANY INTERSTATE is cause for PAYING ATTENTION and the dead twit in the s.u.v. is proof.
The farmer SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH VEHICULAR HOMICIDE since he IS RESPONSIBLE and apparently according to the article, didn't have the required permit(s) for said travel, therein HE IS GUILTY OF VEHICULAR HOMICIDE.
Were he on a side road where MOST SLOW MOVING TRACTORS travel, then he wouldn't have been guilty of vehicular homicide were he a reason for a unplanned directional path.

Trust me on this one Cerberus_Kelpie, I am with you on this one. But the DA (who happens to be the District Attorney for that county) has ruled that no charges should be brought against the tractor driver, since he and the deceased were both at fault. I can't help but wonder, had it been a truck instead of a farm tractor, charges would have been brought up against the truck driver.

I was just think that most states have farm type tractors that mow the grass on their highways.
I know I see them around these parts.
However they have flashing lights on the back and they are over far enough as not to interrupt any traffic.

I was just think that most states have farm type tractors that mow the grass on their highways.
I know I see them around these parts.
However they have flashing lights on the back and they are over far enough as not to interrupt any traffic.

Yeah. But this farmer (or his employee)was moving from one field to another...or back to the farm. Even the Highway Patrol said the tractor should not have been on that highway.

It's dangerous to bring a tractor on the highway. Plain and simple. Shouldn't have been there.