Yellow | This is what a NO vote really means

?????? Damn Yellowslave you lost me. Better put the cranberry juice back in the cupboard. We gotta get up in the morning. :holysheep:

I hope before you cast your vote, you take some time and investigate your local job market. You better know how shallow that pool is before you go diving in. If you are lucky enough to land one of these "grass is always greener" jobs for a whopping $14.00 an hour then remember to take $60-$100 bucks a week out for benefits, oh yeah, there's no pension either.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the idea of giving up anything we have fought for, but these are desperate times, not only for $Bill and his gang of incompetence, but this whole nation. Yes many others have tried and failed with give backs. But not when we have been in the midst of a credit crisis, and deepening recession. GM stock hovering at a level it hasn't seen since the 1940's. Think, investigate, vote with your heads brothers. Good luck to all :1036316054:

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

Interesting post.

You complain about people wanting to vote no before they know the details, yet you are willing to vote yes before you know any of the details AND you want everyone to agree with you.

It is conceivable that upper management will have more to lose than we will if this company closes. Any stock options will be worthless since the stock will have tanked. There is also the issue of pension liability stemming from the ERISA ACT. I believe, just for Central States, the liability is 5 Billion dollars and they wouldn't even be first in line in a bankruptcy(which depends on the state of incorporation).I believe this means that they will do everything in their power to prevent having to close the doors.

I realize all of us are afraid of this company closing it's doors. That would be a travesty and I do not relish having to look for another job. However, we do not have to lay down like sheep and be slaughtered. I think Vwaggs stock idea would lessen the blow to us financially and perhaps other ideas will materialize.

Also, just because the doors stay open longer, doesn't necessarily benefit everyone. If I am 49 years old and the company stays in business another 6 or 8 months, I will have to look for another job as someone in my 50's as opposed to someone in my 40's...how does that benefit me?

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer

This is just ridicules.

Interesting post.

You complain about people wanting to vote no before they know the details, yet you are willing to vote yes before you know any of the details AND you want everyone to agree with you.

It is conceivable that upper management will have more to lose than we will if this company closes. Any stock options will be worthless since the stock will have tanked. There is also the issue of pension liability stemming from the ERISA ACT. I believe, just for Central States, the liability is 5 Billion dollars and they wouldn't even be first in line in a bankruptcy(which depends on the state of incorporation).I believe this means that they will do everything in their power to prevent having to close the doors.

I realize all of us are afraid of this company closing it's doors. That would be a travesty and I do not relish having to look for another job. However, we do not have to lay down like sheep and be slaughtered. I think Vwaggs stock idea would lessen the blow to us financially and perhaps other ideas will materialize.

Also, just because the doors stay open longer, doesn't necessarily benefit everyone. If I am 49 years old and the company stays in business another 6 or 8 months, I will have to look for another job as someone in my 50's as opposed to someone in my 40's...how does that benefit me?

This is just ridicules.

Read the two previous posts please. I'm not the only level headed person here. But to each his own. Go ahead and vote no if you disagree. Keeping the doors open longer gives you more time to find another job. This isn't rocket science here. It's common sense, but some of you just don't get it and won't get it.

Hey, I know this vote is a difficult situation and there is a fear of the company closing.

You are right...this isn't rocket science

Instead of making this company more efficient so as to be able to better compete in the marketplace, it was decided that it would be easier to buy some of the competition. After borrowing about 1.3 billion for these purchases, it was going so well that a Chinese company was also purchased.

And it was going well, at first. Until the economy went south, the bills were being paid with a healthy profit. The spiraling economy, however, changed the whole picture.

This company is now 1.5 billion dollars in debt. The loan payments ARE being paid and on time, but as the economic community watches the value of our company diminish, concerns heighten and interest rates start to rise.

Now the pencil pushers say that the merger will save us 200 million. Looks good on paper but what the ACTUAL savings will be only time will tell(they've been wrong before)

We hear that a cost(wage) reduction over a period of about a year could net us another 250 to 300 million.

Conceivably that debt could be reduced to around 1 billion dollars. This would look good to the economic community and our loan rates would probably be reduced. This would happen at the same time that the economy would be heating up and off we would go.

So the question is: Where will that cost(wage) reduction come from?

My opinion: before you ask me to give back CUT THE FAT.

Streamline the operation. There is waste everywhere. The other day we almost had one supervisor per employee on the dock.

Managers need to be cut. There is a glut of them.

Once the operation has been streamlined and waste has been eliminated...come to me. We'll talk and if need be, I'll be more inclined to help.

Maybe I don't get it but this is what I call Common Sense

If I'm not mistaken the loan payments lately were paid by using up over a half a billion off the line of credit. While it might be considered paying the loans on time, the method is not very desirable....borrowing money to pay off previously borrowed money. That's not paying the loans off on time....it's desperation.

And it wasn't going as well as the numbers indicated either. The "record" profits we heard about a few years ago were from fuel surcharge and savings from synergies. It had little to do with growth in the freight moving aspect of the operation......you know....the thing we're in business to do.

Hey, I know this vote is a difficult situation and there is a fear of the company closing.

You are right...this isn't rocket science

Instead of making this company more efficient so as to be able to better compete in the marketplace, it was decided that it would be easier to buy some of the competition. After borrowing about 1.3 billion for these purchases, it was going so well that a Chinese company was also purchased.

And it was going well, at first. Until the economy went south, the bills were being paid with a healthy profit. The spiraling economy, however, changed the whole picture.

This company is now 1.5 billion dollars in debt. The loan payments ARE being paid and on time, but as the economic community watches the value of our company diminish, concerns heighten and interest rates start to rise.

Now the pencil pushers say that the merger will save us 200 million. Looks good on paper but what the ACTUAL savings will be only time will tell(they've been wrong before)

We hear that a cost(wage) reduction over a period of about a year could net us another 250 to 300 million.

Conceivably that debt could be reduced to around 1 billion dollars. This would look good to the economic community and our loan rates would probably be reduced. This would happen at the same time that the economy would be heating up and off we would go.

So the question is: Where will that cost(wage) reduction come from?

My opinion: before you ask me to give back CUT THE FAT.

Streamline the operation. There is waste everywhere. The other day we almost had one supervisor per employee on the dock.

Managers need to be cut. There is a glut of them.

Once the operation has been streamlined and waste has been eliminated...come to me. We'll talk and if need be, I'll be more inclined to help.

Maybe I don't get it but this is what I call Common Sense

CUT THE FAT
Like in OKC Yel where we have 10 people laid off on the doc.
Cant bring in laid off (saving money) so we work Reg Overtime ($35 Instead of laid off not at top pay) Freight sits because we dont have anyone to work it.
20 Trailers sitting in yard w\ freight 5 people on dock to work it.
Next day rolls around 50 Trailers in yard call in everyone we can at 6th day($35) 7th day ($45) to get caught up.
Wake up people.
And these Idiots running the Terminal driving Hummers and BMW"s want me to take a pay cut.:1036316054:
SHUT IT DOWN

Some just like the wool pulled over their eyes, I guess.
Yellow is broke, has no cash flow. Give us your $$$$ blah, blah, blah.
Last week, Yellow was called at 11 a.m. from a regular customer of theirs. They get quite a bit of freight from this co. Several pieces per shipment weighing several thousand #s. Same thing on this day.
Yellow was called at 11 a.m. and told we're closing at 4 today. We have several pieces weighing several thousand #s. Yellow says ok, we'll be there.
4 p.m. rolls around, call Yellow again. Yellow says earliest we can get someone there is 6 p.m. Customer bends over backwards again and stays past closing time til 6 to accomodate YRC. What happens at 6?
You got it, no YRC. Customer calls again. YRC can't make it til 8. At 8, SAME F'IN thing. 9 hours after they were called, cash-strapped Yellow STILL can't be bothered to pick up from a regular customer who gives them quite a bit of well-paying freight.
:TR10driving03:

Some just like the wool pulled over their eyes, I guess.
Yellow is broke, has no cash flow. Give us your $$$$ blah, blah, blah.
Last week, Yellow was called at 11 a.m. from a regular customer of theirs. They get quite a bit of freight from this co. Several pieces per shipment weighing several thousand #s. Same thing on this day.
Yellow was called at 11 a.m. and told we're closing at 4 today. We have several pieces weighing several thousand #s. Yellow says ok, we'll be there.
4 p.m. rolls around, call Yellow again. Yellow says earliest we can get someone there is 6 p.m. Customer bends over backwards again and stays past closing time til 6 to accomodate YRC. What happens at 6?
You got it, no YRC. Customer calls again. YRC can't make it til 8. At 8, SAME F'IN thing. 9 hours after they were called, cash-strapped Yellow STILL can't be bothered to pick up from a regular customer who gives them quite a bit of well-paying freight.
:TR10driving03:

Same type things happen in COL. Some cutomers just don't get it, when a company is trying to get by off the backs of it's employees it can't be hauling good payin frt.:nutkick:

SHOUDN'T EVERYONE WAIT AND SEE EXACTLY WHAT IS ON THE TABLE BEFORE YOU DECIDE HOW TO VOTE?
Be prepared for the local meetings upcoming .
Ask 1-what companies have received givebacks , how many are still open , and how long did they stay open after the give backs .
Ask 2- How has the recent lower fuel costs affected YRWC bottom line ?
ask 3 - How can the company immediately save money ?
a ) new uniform language costs big bucks nationwide . eliminate

b ) restrictions on paid time off eliminated . We give , Company gives

c ) no more MD note after 72 hours out sick . Huge annual cost savings to Welfare funds

d ) turn up the trucks .Reduce fatigue, keeps more equipment available , increase percentage of on time delivery . WE give , Company gives.

e ) whatever we give , Zollars and crew give up double .WE drove the trucks ,they drove YRWC to the edge .
we give , company gives.
Nationwide - we must stay informed and demand answers before a hasty vote .If they tell you they can't wait , then we won't make it anyway , so it won't matter .

We need to change IBT at the national level so that an administration cannot be there for more than 2 terms. This will make their interests ours again, since they will be returning to the ranks.

If you read the special election teamster magazine , you will notice the ANNUAL Report for the Teamster Affiliates Plan .
This is the Officers Pension plan , which is having no financial trouble at all .Too bad they don't manage our pensions the way they manage theirs

Help me with my thoughts………

YRC designed the NMFA and it was all in the name of FUTURE GROWTH and JOB SECURITY.

Soon after that the lay offs came then the restructuring and then more lay-offs came, they kept saying FUTURE GROWTH and JOB SECURITY.:nutkick:

Now it’s a kickback concession and their still saying FUTURE GROWTH and JOB SECURITY.…………..for who??? Job security designed for whom???:chairshot:

Is it the Company proposing what they want, knowing that they will get it…. or is it the Union representation has forgotten who they work for, and their backbone has fallen to their ankles.

A YES vote says go ahead, put a little more money in their pockets, business as usual, a mismanaged corporation. History shows they don’t make it. This will be bad for everyone.

A NO vote tells them that we won’t take the mismanaging, now do something about it.

They have the flexibility, they have the property cash from the restructure, they have laid off our FUTURE GROWTH and JOB SECURITY people, so they are saving cash, and they want more????? :hysterical:[/I]

Hoffa has Obama in his pocket, no need to worry drivers they will get tax dollars to save YRC. We will all retire very Rich.

Hoffa has Obama in his pocket, no need to worry drivers they will get tax dollars to save YRC. We will all retire very Rich.

I don't want any tax dollars nor any form of government involved in free enterprise. Crap! It's too late! To all the uninformed voters, Thank You for helping destroy our great land.:USA:

A yes vote means you screw alot of other workers out of their money because your managemnt doesn't know how to keep pennies in the bank. I am sure that ABF will follow even tho they don't need the money.