Yellow | This is what a NO vote really means

A yes vote means you screw alot of other workers out of their money because your managemnt doesn't know how to keep pennies in the bank. I am sure that ABF will follow even tho they don't need the money.

And a NO vote could put 40,000 people out of a "JOB"! Not to mention what would happen to CSPF. Below is a link to the Maximum Benefit Amount paid by the PBGC. 30 years would get you $1,072.25 a month.

Multiemployer benefit guarantees (PBGC.gov)

And a NO vote could put 40,000 people out of a "JOB"! Not to mention what would happen to CSPF. Below is a link to the Maximum Benefit Amount paid by the PBGC. 30 years would get you $1,072.25 a month.

Multiemployer benefit guarantees (PBGC.gov)
Exactly, I can tell you the Kansas City, Star used to have almost a page and a half of just driving jobs. This past weekend's papers entire employment section of 3/4's of one page. There isnt jobs out there. Also one other point. Ive seen people say ("Vote NO!, Put em out of buisness the freight has to go somewhere!") UPS Freight is slow they are working regular dock workers 30 hours a week, with guys layed off, I have aquainteces working there. Fed EX, Conway, Old Dominion, Estes, all are slow, or have guys layed off. We go under they just cut wages and bring back layed off workers, Very, very few of us would find work. I don't know how many employees are working union jobs in KC. Between Yellow, Roadway, and Holland I bet its 1400 employees. One other point I worked for another non-union LTL carrier before i came here. They ran a 142 door dock with three hostlers, Sometimes 5 when they where busy. At my barn we have 12 hostlers i think on any given shift. These non-union barns get more work out of less guys so to think if YRCW goes under we will follow our frieght to non-union jobs is a pipe dream. We better make well thought our decisions before we vote no out of pride and anger. Who knows i might vote NO but it will be because YRCW wants the farm!

A yes vote means you screw alot of other workers out of their money because your managemnt doesn't know how to keep pennies in the bank. I am sure that ABF will follow even tho they don't need the money.

If ABF, as a company, became finacinaly strapped like YRC,then maybe they would vote yes. But I don't hear that they are, so why would the Brothers Vote that way?

. One other point I worked for another non-union LTL carrier before i came here. They ran a 142 door dock with three hostlers, Sometimes 5 when they where busy. At my barn we have 12 hostlers i think on any given shift. These non-union barns get more work out of less guys so to think if YRCW goes under we will follow our frieght to non-union jobs is a pipe dream.

so the answer to our long term longevity is continued waste? those that dont adapt become extinct. dinosaurs ruled the earth for millions of years. where are they now? they are all gone because they could not adapt to a changing environment. just like our union started with horse teamsters. how many horse drawn freight companies are left? None. How many NMFA companies are left? Two, soon to be one if we dont do some serious changes and quick.

Vote Union: Vote "NO"!

. One other point I worked for another non-union LTL carrier before i came here. They ran a 142 door dock with three hostlers, Sometimes 5 when they where busy. At my barn we have 12 hostlers i think on any given shift. These non-union barns get more work out of less guys so to think if YRCW goes under we will follow our frieght to non-union jobs is a pipe dream.

so the answer to our long term longevity is continued waste? those that dont adapt become extinct. dinosaurs ruled the earth for millions of years. where are they now? they are all gone because they could not adapt to a changing environment. just like our union started with horse teamsters. how many horse drawn freight companies are left? None. How many NMFA companies are left? Two, soon to be one if we dont do some serious changes and quick.

Comparing horses to trucks is an invalid attempt to make those who vote yes, feel "good" about a vote they don't really want to make against their best interests, long term.

The only reason that some will vote yes is only because economic times are bad, right now. Its a short term "solution" is what I am saying here.

Make no mistake about it: a "yes" vote will be the death knell of the LTL Freight Teamsters, sooner or later. That's your extinct dinosaur for you, right there, if you vote "yes".

I am still voting a big "HELL NO" !

Comparing horses to trucks is an invalid attempt to make those who vote yes, feel "good" about a vote they don't really want to make against their best interests, long term.

The only reason that some will vote yes is only because economic times are bad, right now. Its a short term "solution" is what I am saying here.

Make no mistake about it: a "yes" vote will be the death knell of the LTL Freight Teamsters, sooner or later. That's your extinct dinosaur for you, right there, if you vote "yes".

you misunderstood me. the answer is not voting for a wage concession. the answer is cutting all the waste so that we can be competitive long term. i am voting hell no as well. if the non company he worked for used 5 hostlers instead of 12 thats what we need to do. productivity needs to be improved. transit times need to be improved. if fed x and conway can get a shipment X number of miles next day we need to be able to match that. they can charge more for better service while we have to charge less for less service while our costs are higher. think about how much extra equipment yrc needs to have to "hold" that shipment a day longer. i know ive taken alot of heat for this and ill say it again. we cannot afford full time dockworkers anymore. its not personal its business. if our competition uses part time help how in the world to we make up for having full time dock workers. we cant charge the customer more. we need to be competitive in the 21st century if we are to survive. look at our operating ratios for say the last 5 years compared to the nons. now that we have all this debt and the recession we are in, it can no longer be business as usual. the status quo will lead us to bankruptcy. it is a game of russian roulette that we have been playing since 1994 and every year that goes by we add another bullet to the gun. now that our credit status is basically junk and everything is mortgaged to the hills, whats going to happen when customers stop paying their bills or pay them alot slower than we expect them too. we have no rainy day funds. taking a wage cut isnt that answer. we need DRASTIC changes and fast.

I say since YRCW and ABF are asking for a concession from the IBT and were in the NMFA together lets up the ante and vote PRO or CON together as ONE. P.S. I know ABF is doing fine. Just want to see if yrcw people would agree because I think ABF people will be a ( A BIG FAT NO VOTE) which I don't blame them, ABF didn't cause YRCW's problem.

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.
My family depends on my income too, the only problem is I'm one of those casaulties of the lay off with 6 yrs. seniority. When your working and 20 yrs. have come and gone you should be planning a goal of when to retire meaning @ 25 or 30 yrs. that when your getting close to that time to retire you should be preparing yourself for that and not going out and living above your means to the point that you can't retire because you wouldn't have the ability to survive on what the retirement would provide to you. those are the selfisy babies that squeeze out the ones that could be working and providing the contributions for your retirement.

All I have to say is even if 100% of us vote no it will still pass with a majiority vote.

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

Based on my experience, my observation has always been that SOME of the brothers who always cry for a NO vote are always the ones that will vote YES, our last contract proves that point when 67% of the membership "overwhelmingly" voted for this great contract of ours.

Oh...you mean the same fellow 'unselfish' Teamsters that are working 20 & 30 hours OT so that their fellow Teamsters could be laid off, with no hope of being called to at least get some insurance for their families because the measters are getting theirs. And you make it sound like the ones being laid off are all young guys ....these are guys with 9, 10, 15 years with Yellow that lost their jobs when the companies they worked for got givebacks, then closed the doors. Guys that are 50+ now, trying to get their last years for the same pension you're talking about, with no jobs to be had out there. We should all worry about you....my family needs my income & insurance too...but are any of you worrying about the 'selfish' Teamsters at the bottom....maybe collectively refusing OT to force the hours of work rules so some can get a few days in? No? But you want all the 'selfish' laid off guys to vote Yes for you. Remember, this isn't just a layoff this time...this is Teamsters losing their jobs for good in this merger. The sick thing is we have no choice...we 'selfish' Teamsters will still have to vote No on that one little glimmer of a chance that one day in the next 5 years we will get that golden callback from Yellow....if we aren't permanently cut during the merger. Just my 2 cents....

As Winston Churchill would have said; Vote yes, if you want to appease the problem.
Appeasement is where you feed the alligator so he will eat you last. :-)

No one ever admits to voting for the 75% tear structure many years ago. That vote cost a lot of us our jobs in the fleet side of freight.

There is a hand writing on the wall here, read it. YRC is corrupt and broke as far as one can tell. The union itself, (administratively) is stronger than it has been for a long time. Us drivers, well we are on another slippery slope, Team Work magazine tells us that U.S. Finantial Meltdown Creates Global Crisis. Who knew?

No one told Warren Buffet, He still making money. If I were in control and someone loses billions of dollars of my money, someone or somebodies would be fired.

Without a vision the union drivers parish. The only thing I see is the good old boy's taking it out of one pocket and putting it in another.

If I say any more, I think I'll have a bad day. Chew on that for a while.

For the record I am not voting yes or no but will write "Dump Bill Zollars" on my Ballot and send it in. This vote is tied to a $150 million bond buy back scam so there should be some money there to keep the doors open until another legitamate proposal is made. I wish the UAW was representing us. He demands all stake holders at the table and refuses to get anything jammed up his a . Our guys just bend over when Zollars demands and let him continue to **** the company. It is interesting when you see this Madoff guy rob 50 billion, some from his his friends and Jewish Associates, charities too and every one says who knew? A bad econamy exposes thieves and mismanagers. Sorry that I keep beating on this , but why do we let Zollars continue to rob this company?

Thanks 98 for a intelligent response. I think I'll just ad that most response's aren't even addressing the point the driver or person was commenting on.
There comes a time in everyone's life that we must face the music.

The band is playing, but not for the driver. The only people at the party dancing are the ones that are going to benefit. (In the long run) This union has been going down hill from the drivers perspective for a long time. If the only thing you look at is your pay check and your retirement, then I am in pretty good shape considering this economy and the bridge they are about to build to no where.

However, These leaders we have both in the Union (Hoffa and some of the rest that don't seem to have a clue) They stand for nothing, therefore they fall for anything, and YRC (joke) follow the paths of least resistance which makes men and rivers crooked. What else can I say. The light at the end of the tunnel is a train brother.

I didn't say vote no or yes, but know this. The fat lady has sung.

Promises have been made and gifts have been exchanged. (I am not talking about the Gov. of Ill.)

Feed the alligator, he will eat you last or spit you out.

Have a wonderful day.