ADuiePyle | This Just in.....

Retail deliveries don't bother me. Usually malls are setup for a big truck. Residential are an occupational hazard that I've learned to deal with. Don't matter what color the truck is we're all doing the same thing.

UPS Freight is a little too "jack booted" for me. I'm not sure that ABF is any more stable than YRC. I'm not happy with being represented by one large corporation (teamsters) with their own best interests at heart, to another large corporation with it's own best interests at heart. Who is really looking out for me. This ain't my father's union. I think Jimmy SR. would not be impressed with the state of things.
if your
not sure if ABF is "stable" then let me be the first to tell you they are! They played the numbers game to get what they wanted in the contract. Just purchased some new equipment should be coming in soon "road tractors" and a bunch of new trailers. Good luck on your decision and I don't blame you for leaving YRC!

I think you're right about ABF akita. They're in good shape. ABF in Portland only has six guys and the bottom three don't always get full weeks. I'm also tired of the union.

Different for new hires than it is for those who have been there for 20 years.