This new "system"

Hawks9718

TB Lurker
Credits
Is everyone loving this new system? Or is Pitts and Chicago the only ones affected by it? By affected, I mean bent over. Used to get on the road about 8:45-9:15p for, oh.. Two years? Now its 10.. 10:30, 11..12am?? I mean wtf.. How is this workable for the city drivers, if they're getting out hours later everyday? Missing appontments?

Just wait till winter when it takes us 11 hours to get back everyday..? You'll really see Non Efficient Motor Freight in action!

I meet a Chicago driver every night, and I'm there on time 3:30am, but the Chicago terminal can't seem to get their drivers out on time. My meet usually shows up around 5am-5:30am. I would love to get back around 8, or 8:30 when I'm supposed to, instead of 10:30, or 11.

actually here at 52 for the most part us city drivers are out the door and on the road by 9:45 am or earlier shockingly enough..we used to wait but if a linehaul truck is coming with more freight for more than one driver we wait

I love the new system!!! I go to Chicago and get there nice and early and go shopping or a movie, mabey take a swim in the hotel poor or sit in the hot tub for a while. Take a nap and go out for a nice dinner. Do a little cleaning on my truck. Have the fuel guy fill it up and take another nap. Get up and go inside for a relaxing poop and wait for the loads to be ready. Still get home by 9AM (EST). I say bravo to the management for running things soooooooo well. It's almost like a mini vacation when I go out there. I think next time i'm going to take the shuttle to the airport and hang out for a while, if I have time (LMAO).

change is never good, but l/h costs are one of the biggest for any company..there must be a reason....it has to be a cost thing

Shabo, Is the freight that you bring back next day freight, or is it a relay that sits all day to go east the next night? For the most part it seems the new system is working out pretty good, from what I'm hearing in the other terminals.

I believe it's all two day because there is no way they would make delivery. My meet driver is fast and on time :shift:just the terminal is slow getting him out. I stop in Columbus,oh which could be next day, but I leave there for Cincinnati and get home 10:30, the last few days 11:00-11:30. It should all be next day freight especially coming from Chicago!