New Penn | This one will hurt

Pretty self explanitory if you ask me. USF logo on New Penn scratch pad. Not sure about any other marketing materials, but I thought this one was pretty "unique"

I did not expect to see it, to be honest with you.

Seems to me it took longer than we all expected. USF, ABC who cares as long as the company makes money and the check clears the bank.

Was told today that for the year 2005 Logistics Magazines survey voted NEW PENN #1 again. In 2nd place was Duie Pyle and in 3rd Place CCX. #1 and UNION too, can you believe it.

Friend of the frog said:
Pretty self explanitory if you ask me. USF logo on New Penn scratch pad. Not sure about any other marketing materials, but I thought this one was pretty "unique"

boy froggy you do get around
from the abf forum to the pm forum now the new penn forum wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spam1: you haven't pm 'd me in a while whats up
still mad pal:Lurking: :eck13:

Friend of the frog said:
HAs anybody seen the new USF New Penn pads.....All I can say is WOW !!!

I have not seen anything like that but it's no suprise really. New Penn has been grouped with the USF companies since the inception of YRC regional carriers. I'm sure this is just the next step

Friend of the frog said:

yeah it is pretty self explanitory, but i thought maybe you had some big revolation with the way you had made it sound in you first post.

big steve said:
boy froggy you do get around
from the abf forum to the pm forum now the new penn forum wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spam1: you haven't pm 'd me in a while whats up
still mad pal:Lurking: :eck13:

Thats the way we like it big steve. We want our members to be active and FOTF usually has some pretty good information to share.

Keep up the good work FOTF. It looks like other members are paying attention to what you have to say.

Probably customer freebies given by sales to capture western freight between USF and New Penn. I checked company websight and nothing on about that. I still dont believe shippers (at least the ones I keep in touch with) would go for USF anymore. Besides, could you imagine a orange blue + green truck? It would look like a tacky bunch of golfers.

froggie said:
Probably customer freebies given by sales to capture western freight between USF and New Penn. I checked company websight and nothing on about that. I still dont believe shippers (at least the ones I keep in touch with) would go for USF anymore. Besides, could you imagine a orange blue + green truck? It would look like a tacky bunch of golfers.

With the way things are going at YRC I doubt that many tractors will have more than one color scheme in the future.
Yellow...swamp holly orange
New Penn....green
Roadway....blue
Reimer....green
USF....who knows?

stldude44 said:
The new Holland tractors are orange.....not Swamp Holly Orange, but real close to it.

I've seen pictures of them and they are REAL close to Swamp Holly Orange.

Here a picture for those that have not seen them yet

usf-holland-orange-volvo-2.jpg

usf and npme on the same scratch pad, just one of the synergy's zollars has talked about. now all companys can give same pad to there customers, and shows all in the YRC, regional group. they got a truckload printed a good price instead of indivdual company scratch pads . i say, as long as there is a YRC regional group, there will always be a NPME. NPME HAS A BRAND NAME AS WELL AS REDDAWAY IN THE WEST, THE ONLY 2 OUT OF REGIONAL GROUP OPERATEING IN THE 80'S, O/R, THAT IS.

i don't know but did i miss something ? how will this "hurt" anyone ? me being at NP, i say this merger between us & USF is going pretty damn good so far. i deliver & pickup shipments for USF everyday. and it's pretty damn good frt. too.

i casually ask our customers who ship out how this is effecting them and all of their replies are positive, service & money wise. and i know that green tractor hooked up to that USF trailer is ugly as hell but as long as everyone's making money, i'll drive it anyday.

Is the air shield in the new all orange traactors back lighted like the old units? While it looks great at night, that was a very expensive feature. I also heard that they saved something like $500 or so per unit by going with one color instead of the old two-tone paint job.

Hockey Puck said:
Is the air shield in the new all orange traactors back lighted like the old units? While it looks great at night, that was a very expensive feature. I also heard that they saved something like $500 or so per unit by going with one color instead of the old two-tone paint job.

Hockey Puck, sounds like your talking about USF trucks and not New Penn trucks.

You might get an answer faster in the USF forum

UnionTrucka said:
i don't know but did i miss something ? how will this "hurt" anyone ? me being at NP, i say this merger between us & USF is going pretty damn good so far. i deliver & pickup shipments for USF everyday. and it's pretty damn good frt. too.

i casually ask our customers who ship out how this is effecting them and all of their replies are positive, service & money wise. and i know that green tractor hooked up to that USF trailer is ugly as hell but as long as everyone's making money, i'll drive it anyday.

I wonder how much longer New Penn will continue to interline with Alvan and Wilson.
I've heard that they have profitable partnerships but it may only be a matter of time before Yellow wants to keep the money in the family

CFer said:
I've seen pictures of them and they are REAL close to Swamp Holly Orange.

Here a picture for those that have not seen them yet

usf-holland-orange-volvo-2.jpg
CFer Holland's color's are Omaha Orange...... Yellow's colors are swamp holly yellow. Thank-you GRIZZ

:shock:
Grizz said:
CFer Holland's color's are Omaha Orange...... Yellow's colors are swamp holly yellow. Thank-you GRIZZ
Yea .... and for those of us who have slight color-blindness .... they all look a little like a pumpkin on steroids. :shock: