TForce | this ones for non union members

yeah.. racehorse ..they did,and anyone here that says they didn`t are lying to themselves..I too was there and seen it first hand all over.....mem,frm,soh,dal,phl,atl,sbn,cms,jkn,nsn,lrk,...many more I just cant remember them right now...I don`t take to kind to threats....from any one...but I can also read the writing on the wall...and made a decision to be part of the process instead of just stammering around like a child having a temper tantrum...again...

OVERNITE IS NO MORE

OVERNITE IS NO MORE
10-4 on No Mo Oh

Anyone with Blue in them will eventually conform to Brown or leave.
oleool6.jpg

..yes my friend that is the realization I came to also..but it still was a bitter pill to swallow...it was nasty in places...and memories die a slow death..

..yes my friend that is the realization I came to also..but it still was a bitter pill to swallow...it was nasty in places...and memories die a slow death..

Did you watch the HBO movie American Standoff?
I recently viewed it and was amazed.

..is that the one about Overnite of 5-6 years ago...no I haven`t seen it but I have heard of it,and from what I gather it was a rather one sided protrait...but I get your point....a little authority and some think they rule the roost..

I never got a vote.

Yes, you did. You voted NO. Either you voted yes or you did not show up. I know many employee's that were disgusted with the whole Idea of the union organizing campaign and did not show up for any of the meetings. I would tell them regardless of how you feel it is what it is and you need to at least get informed and either way your vote counts. They never did show up to the meetings and now have many complaint's. Unfortunately because they did not take the time to get informed and vote on all of the procedures, they will now live with it.

Yes, you did. You voted NO. Either you voted yes or you did not show up. I know many employee's that were disgusted with the whole Idea of the union organizing campaign and did not show up for any of the meetings. I would tell them regardless of how you feel it is what it is and you need to at least get informed and either way your vote counts. They never did show up to the meetings and now have many complaint's. Unfortunately because they did not take the time to get informed and vote on all of the procedures, they will now live with it.

Yes, the complaints are numerous, yet no one ever gets involved. They want their problems solved with absolutely no work. Sorry, but that will never happen. UPS banks on the apathy of the individual union membership.:holysheep:

na dudes i got a vote ....i just read somewhere someone didnt get a vote..heck i signed at card check to much bs going on seen a lot of stuff upsf was doing

if we could get more peolpe involved in the union maybe we could stop all this rumors and all this crying about bs...woops forgot i work with kids. l

After reading this the feeling that some union members have to some non-members are kind of to say the lease F*%KED-UP! I dont Judge a person because he's in union or not, So should i join knowing people think i'm a :eck13: SO AM I JOINING FOR THE BENIFIT OF EVERYONE OR BECAUSE I WANT EVERYONE TO LIKE ME.................FTHAT
Caused they voted for this person and not the other,how can you ask people to join union and then say they are ::shit::....If they dont! So after they join and pay dues are they still ::shit::? does union have a bad rap? YEA! CAN THEY HELP? YEA! THE WAY to bring people into union is not by calling them a brown nose(no pun intended) EVEN IF THEY ARE some people its for them some its not respect that. I spoke to a friend that said union would be good prove it!:nutkick: maybe a different approach would help MADE ME THINK TWICE

After reading this the feeling that some union members have to some non-members are kind of to say the lease F*%KED-UP! I dont Judge a person because he's in union or not, So should i join knowing people think i'm a SO AM I JOINING FOR THE BENIFIT OF EVERYONE OR BECAUSE I WANT EVERYONE TO LIKE ME.................FTHAT
Caused they voted for this person and not the other,how can you ask people to join union and then say they are ***.... If they dont! So after they join and pay dues are they still ***? does union have a bad rap? YEA! CAN THEY HELP? YEA! THE WAY to bring people into union is not by calling them a brown nose(no pun intended) EVEN IF THEY ARE some people its for them some its not respect that. I spoke to a friend that said union would be good prove it! maybe a different approach would help MADE ME THINK TWICE

Your completely off-base with this post!

Union Members have done nothing but take the High Road throughout this Thread!

Why don't You start from the beginning... :1036316054:

I can tell you about right to work states I can not count the number of employees who refused to pay dues and then wanted the union to help them out when they got into trouble. The union has to represent you yes, but how much...if you can not afford 56 dollars a month for job insurance you deserve to take a walk. see ya don't want to be ya

representation

Let me go out on a limb and say that in a right to work state....if someone so chooses not to be represented.....go figure....they may not want you to fight for them since they ..ummmm..... chose not to be represented.

and no, unfortunately I am not in a right to work state.

Well friend, let me just ask....Who do you work for?
Overnite is history....sad but true. The day UPS took control of us,they stripped the slogan " OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE" off of the trailers. THAT spoke volumes to me and many others too.
Did I vote for the union and continue to support it on a casual whim??No ... I did my research and talked to package guys involved in all aspects of the operation.
WELL.... One theme arose time and time again...if you aren't represented,you will be taken advantage of and cheated at every turn. Seniority will not be followed and your rights as an employee....Oh yeah..you have no rights,it's the company way or the highway. A jerk TM? He can pull any garbage he wants to try and fire you. With the union,there is a contract to follow.No games like favoritism etc. because it's all in black and white.
I feel that if we were still the big "O",the union wouldn't work out,but with corporate UPS, we are not people,but tools and no better than a hand truck.
They throw out old hand trucks don't they??

out on a limb

Let me go out on a limb and say that in a right to work state....if someone so chooses not to be represented.....go figure....they may not want you to fight for them since they ..ummmm..... chose not to be represented.

and no, unfortunately I am not in a right to work state.

Well friend,
We do have a right to choose in this country,but you also can't teach common sense.
When UPS took over operations,one of their first acts was to strip the "our people make the difference" off of the trailers. To me and many others it spoke volumes.
Did I vote for and continue to support the union lightly?
No. I researched their (UPS') relations with rank and file.
They put on the Happy Corporate face for the public but the gestapo is what employees get. I spoke to p-car and feeder drivers and dist. center employees and the reaccuring theme was if we aren't represented we will be taken advantage of and have no course of action to fight for our rights as workers and humans.
Good luck and God Bless

thanks nk your right.. off base.....thinking same thing when i read this....the point is we union members are paying and everyone is benifiting thats ok when obama passes this legulation all these people that want join will eithier pay back dues from date of ratofaction {sorry about some of the spelling}or they want have the same benifits so lets ride this one out...obamas done every thing else he said he was going to do...