Central Transport | This Place is a joke..

Hammerhead440

TB Lurker
Credits
Central Transport is nothing more than a tax write off for the Moroun Family and its many owned companies. We all know what all he is tied into and all know that LTL companies either make money or don't. Well Central is NOT making money and has not in many years. It's a write off for the toll bridge and other companies that make money for the Morouns. You all will agree if you just look around yourselves.. Look at all the changes going on. The cutback of drivers/dock workers. Then posting jobs for the positions they just cut!!!!!! WTH?? The lead positions going away right after they made them...... Sounds like people in management either don't have a clue or they have nothing else better to do then screw with other peoples lives...

Central Transport is nothing more than a tax write off for the Moroun Family and its many owned companies. We all know what all he is tied into and all know that LTL companies either make money or don't. Well Central is NOT making money and has not in many years. It's a write off for the toll bridge and other companies that make money for the Morouns. You all will agree if you just look around yourselves.. Look at all the changes going on. The cutback of drivers/dock workers. Then posting jobs for the positions they just cut!!!!!! WTH?? The lead positions going away right after they made them...... Sounds like people in management either don't have a clue or they have nothing else better to do then screw with other peoples lives...

GET OUT NOW!

Its amazing I still see these trucks going down the road, hell I would rather drive for Swift, and that aint sayin much...

6mos. B4 vitran folded us ltl mgmt was telling drivers toilet cleaning will now b a part of thr job description at my terminal. . U coulda had the best of both worlds there.
I would rather clean toilets.

6mos. B4 vitran folded us ltl mgmt was telling drivers toilet cleaning will now b a part of thr job description at my terminal. . U coulda had the best of both worlds there.
If given the choice between walking knee deep through **** to clean out a septic tank or work for Central Transport I would rather clean the septic tank. I can go home and wash the smell off with a good shower and put on a splash of Armani Code and I'm good to go. Working at Central Transport I would have to shower all day and use a whole bottle of Armani and I would still stink. You just can't wash CT off.....Well, at least I couldn't....It took me weeks to get the smell off. And I had to throw away the clothes I wore to work. For all those who saw the movie the Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman I would rather crawl through that tunnel of raw sewage than work at Central Transport.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny, I don't care who you are. Another thing about that movie that I think rings true with truck driving is the scene where Morgan Freeman talks about the old man who committed ******* not wanting to be paroled because he was "institutionalized", meaning that he had been in prison so long, that's all he knew, and the outside scared him. I think the longer you stay doing any one thing, not just truck driving, the more reluctant or unable you are to go do something different. Especially the older you get. Just some random thoughts.................I may be "institutionalized", but I did manage to bail out of vitran before the merge...........I think if I had to say what my point is, it is that once you get into this business, it's hard to get out and a lot of the drivers just don't want to deal with changing jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been gone from there since mid-December and haven't been on this board in over a month, but it's good to see there is still some consistency there. Different day, different year, same old crap.

That's funny, I don't care who you are. Another thing about that movie that I think rings true with truck driving is the scene where Morgan Freeman talks about the old man who committed ******* not wanting to be paroled because he was "institutionalized", meaning that he had been in prison so long, that's all he knew, and the outside scared him. I think the longer you stay doing any one thing, not just truck driving, the more reluctant or unable you are to go do something different. Especially the older you get. Just some random thoughts.................I may be "institutionalized", but I did manage to bail out of vitran before the merge...........I think if I had to say what my point is, it is that once you get into this business, it's hard to get out and a lot of the drivers just don't want to deal with changing jobs.

That is very true, it was very hard for me to finally leave I had 13+ years, but the thought of working for CT was just enough to break my fear of changing jobs and moving on, hopefully the place I caught to will be the place I hang up my CDL from.