TForce | This site should read Teamsters only......

Johnnybegood

TB Lurker
Credits
Wow these threads are getting brutal every Teamster from Maine to California is trying to beat us over the head with their own brand of propaganda..........:duh:

Johnnybegood said:
Wow these threads are getting brutal every Teamster from Maine to California is trying to beat us over the head with their own brand of propaganda..........:duh:

That is why I have tried to get everyone over to....http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=2847

SO FAR, everyone has been showing each other respect on here with their views...."we can disagree without being disagreeable".....KK

Johnnybegood said:

JBG,

why do you say we beat you over the head with our own brand of propaganda? Everything I have read that has been posted by a Teamster, seems to be their own personal piece of history or experience. Anything that I have posted has actually happened or been experienced by myself. Is your comment meant to imply that anything we post is lies and misinformation? or is it meant to imply that Leo's word is gospel?

what i'm saying is how many of these posters are Teamsters with a agenda truthfully?Not even working for this company?It seems to me that the only right people in the minds of the posters are the ones supporting signing cards.......Well at least i think most of the posters think they are but like i always say whats on this site is just a small percentage of this company and should be looked at as a bunch of people with a Union purpose...That is to save the Union...........

Animo916 said:
JBG,

why do you say we beat you over the head with our own brand of propaganda? Everything I have read that has been posted by a Teamster, seems to be their own personal piece of history or experience. Anything that I have posted has actually happened or been experienced by myself. Is your comment meant to imply that anything we post is lies and misinformation? or is it meant to imply that Leo's word is gospel?
That may be your opinion?There are many personal experiences that do not match the rosy picture painted by these Union members on this site.I never said the things you post or other people post is a lie just a fundamental difference of opinion.By the way i think Leo was great in the past but has worn out his welcome but this does not mean we should sign a card..Do these people actually think management will be nicer to them if they do....:duh:

Animo916 said:
JBG,

I know I have posted in the past about stuff that happened during the last organizing attempt.
Anything I said was told to me by guys that were here at the time...not by the company.

Teamster guys responded and said that was company propaganda.

I personaly have never met with or spoken to Leo,so I can't preach his gospel.

So what your saying is we are to believe everything that the teamsters say as gospel....and anything anti-union is company propaganda.

I will believe a co-worker that was here,and went through all the B.S. the teamsters dished out before I will believe a teamster that only want us to add to their numbers in an effort to make them stronger...or make it easier to organize other companies.

I have seen it posted that if the teamsters were successful in organizing UPSF that it would be easier to get the remaining LTL's to join....well I don't want to be part of that.

JBG,
Do you think that your co-workers only concern is being trated nice by Mgmt? Sure, we all like to be treated with respect. How can we ever make you see that once you guys would be under a Contract that Mgmt. would soon find out that treating people badly wouldn't help their cause? If the real focus of your co-workers, or yourself, is being treated nice, you're really missing the point here. The real focus is addressing the shortcomings that you are being dealt right now. It's about a fair days pay for a fair days work. It's about real seniority, not favoritism. It's about a written and agreed upon and voted on Contract that both sides have to go by. Are you aware that after you go Union you'd have the right to negotiate work rules that best suit your terminal as well, which are above and beyond the Contract? And actually, Mgmt. would be nicer too because they'd soon realize that they couldn't push anyone around anymore like they're used to doing. It's really a pretty simple choice....that's why the Teamsters here post....to educate the ones who want to know what being in the Teamsters is really like.

Johnnybegood- What I have offered you is fact,not an opinion.Do I have anything personal to gain if you sign a card ? Very little if anything. Most of the posters here are just trying to offer answers to the many questions being asked by your co-workers. We can see that you have already made up your mind and so be it , but many others haven't yet and still have questions that deserve an honest answer. (not an opinion from either side)

Johnnybegood said:
what i'm saying is how many of these posters are Teamsters with a agenda truthfully?Not even working for this company?It seems to me that the only right people in the minds of the posters are the ones supporting signing cards.......Well at least i think most of the posters think they are but like i always say whats on this site is just a small percentage of this company and should be looked at as a bunch of people with a Union purpose...That is to save the Union...........
JBG,

Truthfully, I support you in whichever decision you make. That is your god given right. ( My only exception is you choice of baseball teams...:biglaugh:) I can confidently say that I am probably one of the few posters here that can give an honest perspective of what it's like to be a current card carrying Teamster and also as a former employee of Gordon and Leo.

As far as saving the union, I seriously doubt that a 1% increase in membership, will have any affect on the union's longevity.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I know I have posted in the past about stuff that happened during the last organizing attempt.
Anything I said was told to me by guys that were here at the time...not by the company.
"Glad",
I would be lying to say that nothing serious or major happened during the previous attempt. To be fair though, let's realize that bad decissions were made by the union and company alike. Personally, I never saw (first hand) any of the socalled atrocities that occured, nor did I see any of the socalled company sponsored vandalism that occured. Just because I didn't see any of this happen , doesn't mean it didn't happen. It also doesn't mean that it did happen. I usually take things I hear at face value.....just something someone is saying, and not something that I personally saw. Who's to say that your coworker was telling you the 100% absolute truth, or exagerating to get his own points across?

I'm sure there was propaganda from both sides.
I personaly have never met with or spoken to Leo,so I can't preach his gospel.

I have met Leo on several occasions, and suffice it to say neither would I preach his gospel or believe it.

So what your saying is we are to believe everything that the teamsters say as gospel....and anything anti-union is company propaganda.
I'm not telling you to believe anything you don't want to believe. What I am telling you is that those of us that post here are trying to answer questions as honestly as we can. We really have no personal agenda as far as what decission you and your coworkers make. What we offer is real life experiences of what things are like for us in the Teamster world, both good and bad. Trust me when I say the Teamsters are not perfect, but generally in life nothing is, and the respect and treatment UPSF employees receive from management is further from perfect than under the Teamster umbrella.

When the company comes out and tells you about "lazy workers looking for a free ride" or "joining the union would mean the end of the company", then yes, that is company propaganda. When they say they have more flexibility, and lower costs, that is true, but they are making you and you fellow workers pay in one form or another, for things that we have had negotiated into our contracts at no cost to us....for example....
pension
health benefits
overtime language
lunch and breaktime language
established fair and safe workrules

I will believe a co-worker that was here,and went through all the B.S. the teamsters dished out before I will believe a teamster that only want us to add to their numbers in an effort to make them stronger...or make it easier to organize other companies.
What about what the company dished out?
What about what the company continues to dish out?
While it is true that adding to our numbers would make us stronger, that is by no means the only reason we are attempting to organize. It is more so about your rights as hard working men and women getting fair treatment for the hard work you do, and being compensated in a fair and equittable manner for all the time you give to the company while performing company duties. It is for precise words and language that protect you while in the performance of your company duties in exchange for your labor, time, and commitment to your company.
I have seen it posted that if the teamsters were successful in organizing UPSF that it would be easier to get the remaining LTL's to join....well I don't want to be part of that

What is wrong with making it easier to organize other LTLs? Wouldn't that in the long run add to your job security? Wouldn't it be nice if all the jobs were on an even playing field and not have to worry about some "Cheap" carrier undercutting those of us in the unionized workforce. Wouldn't it be nice if somoeone wasn't happy on his particular job, he could go to another company and not have to worry about losing his benefits or salary? Are you telling me that me that you would rather sit on the bench and watch the game? Or would you prefer to be out on the field getting all the recognition you deserve?

The only problem is that many people are telling their opinion..And as i see it not as many are asking questions....It is almost a Teamster website in my opinion....I think we are treated fairly well and could care as long as i see my paycheck at the end of the week and eventually see my pension...........Only time will tell.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

I personally have never met with or spoken to Leo,so I can't preach his gospel.

I have seen it posted that if the teamsters were successful in organizing UPSF that it would be easier to get the remaining LTL's to join....well I don't want to be part of that.
I was here along with many others during the so called strike last time...I can tell you we had to unplug the lights on the fairings for fear someone would throw a rock off a overpass thru our windshields if they saw our lights..At a couple of times i actually feared for my safety and the safety of coworkers..Keep these things in mind....:duh: these things are very hard to forget...

What is wrong with making it easier to organize other LTLs? Wouldn't that in the long run add to your job security? Wouldn't it be nice if all the jobs were on an even playing field and not have to worry about some "Cheap" carrier undercutting those of us in the unionized workforce.

There it is....It finally came out....I knew it...but it was finally admitted by a teamster...or a teamster supporter.

and you even had the nerve to say you want us to join for our benifit...you care nothing about us....you just don't want us to be the cheap carrier undercutting the unionized force.

So right out of a teamsters mouth proves that the DVD UPSF put out is correct when they said our biggest compitition isn't the big union carriers...it is the non-union carriers.

I mean my mind was made up long before I came to "O",but this proves why you want us.

I allready knew it,but it was finally admitted.

Johnnybegood said:
I was here along with many others during the so called strike last time...I can tell you we had to unplug the lights on the fairings for fear someone would throw a rock off a overpass thru our windshields if they saw our lights..At a couple of times i actually feared for my safety and the safety of coworkers..Keep these things in mind....:duh: these things are very hard to forget...
Get over it already, and move on!!!!!!