TForce | This site should read Teamsters only......

Johnnybegood said:
I think you should take this to the political page cause i'll go off on a tangent on this subject........As i am a conservative Republican....
I think maybe you should go off to some place real soon,,,,,,:shutup2:

Animo916 said:
Cosnervative Republican, but that is my opinion. After looking at how the last 2 elections were stolen by the Pubs, and how they have taken this country into the toilet. If it was such a good choice how come Bushy's ratings are lower than snail slime? And I'm sure history will prove him to be the worst president ever.
Republicans have been know to stand up and take action against terrorism, They have been know to spend alot of tax payers money in order to keep this country safe. The Democrats have not been know for this. This country is in very unstable and scary times regarding security and terrorism. The majority of this country will sacrifice almost anything regarding Democratic or Republican policys in order to keep this country safe.

BusterNite said:
Republicans have been know to stand up and take action against terrorism, They have been know to spend alot of tax payers money in order to keep this country safe. The Democrats have not been know for this. This country is in very unstable and scary times regarding security and terrorism. The majority of this country will sacrifice almost anything regarding Democratic or Republican policys in order to keep this country safe.
Just to reiterate my above post, The new high terror alert has America in reality again and has brought the Bush administration up on points regarding security in this country. Im not saying that I agree with all Democrats or Republicans just that the Republicans have been know to spend more tax payers money on security and defense than the Democrats have. I do believe there should be no limit as to what this country spends on security and defense. When terrorism is quiet in this country we have a tendency to forget. But this should be a reminder that terrorisim is here to stay and they will always be working on a way to kill Americans. We can never let our gaurds down and we should never forget 911. It is not if it will happen. Its a matter of when. With all the complaints about the Bush administration, The war, Economy, Gas, Oil, Ect. The bottom line is security when its fresh in the minds of Americans.

Democrats will sell this countries soul to the Islamic countries in a heart beat.In their mind we should bury our heads in the sand or run and hide.In Howard Deans own words"There is no terrorists threat".

BusterNite said:
Just to reiterate my above post, The new high terror alert has America in reality again and has brought the Bush administration up on points regarding security in this country. Im not saying that I agree with all Democrats or Republicans just that the Republicans have been know to spend more tax payers money on security and defense than the Democrats have. I do believe there should be no limit as to what this country spends on security and defense. When terrorism is quiet in this country we have a tendency to forget. But this should be a reminder that terrorisim is here to stay and they will always be working on a way to kill Americans. We can never let our gaurds down and we should never forget 911. It is not if it will happen. Its a matter of when. With all the complaints about the Bush administration, The war, Economy, Gas, Oil, Ect. The bottom line is security when its fresh in the minds of Americans.

This is a great statement and very true.

This site should read Teamsters only......

Wow and people say I swing threads off topic!!!! This one is so off topic it took the fork in the road to Politics!
Thud.gif

SevenOfNine said:
Wow and people say I swing threads off topic!!!! This one is so off topic it took the fork in the road to Politics!
Thud.gif
Or the far Left or Right, Hey a little diversity. Its nice to argue about something different. Enjoy, It won't last.

usf-indy said:
Johnnybegood- but many others haven't yet and still have questions that deserve an honest answer. (not an opinion from either side)

If we could ever get any question answered honestly it would be nice. But offering the moon and not having it in writting isn't worth a damn. I'd like to see what the teamsters are offering and what their hidden agenda really is!

Hourly Pay?
Pension Plan? ( and not the one I already have)
Benefits?
Has anyone heard anything from a union rep.? Not members. Does their Website have anything?

Get rid of Hoffa, and clean up your pension and reputation and let's talk. And also hand over the losers that shot the employee leaving Memphis and the ones that through rock into the windshield of those drivers, then you might get more employees attention.

Just my 2 cents.

pgh1994 said:
"...If we could ever get any question answered honestly it would be nice. But offering the moon and not having it in writting isn't worth a damn. I'd like to see what the teamsters are offering and what their hidden agenda really is!

Hourly Pay?
Pension Plan? ( and not the one I already have)
Benefits?
Has anyone heard anything from a union rep.? Not members. Does their Website have anything?

Get rid of Hoffa, and clean up your pension and reputation and let's talk. And also hand over the losers that shot the employee leaving Memphis and the ones that through rock into the windshield of those drivers, then you might get more employees attention.

Just my 2 cents..."

Who isn't answering your questions honestly? The union local in your area? Guys posting on this forum? What?

And your comment about hidden agendas is quite possibly the weirdest thing I've read in awhile.

What "hidden agenda"? The union wants to grow, and regain some of their foothold back into the freight industry, and represent UPS Freight and other freight companies.

Not a big secret.

As to the details, they are in the middle of negotiating a template Master contract. As soon as they have details, you will have details. Most locals are being told to not get too far into anything until Indy has a working contract to show to everyone, so if you feel you are getting put on hold... you are. But for a reason.

As to Hoffa... sign a card, become a Teamster, and then vote the man out. That's how it works. The union is resolving many of the issues with the Central States pension, which is the only one in any kind of trouble. The Western Pension Plan is very strong, and doesn't need "cleaning up", whatever that means.

As to cleaning up our reputation... I guess I don't get that. This ain't New Jersey in 1965, bud. We aren't infiltrated by the Mob anymore, most of us are hard-working guys just like yourself, and no one wants to see things go back to the bad old days, so they aren't going to.

As to handing over the troublemakers... why? So you can lynch them? I don't hear anybody bragging loudly about their actions during the strike these days, and I heartily disproved of the violence and misdeeds by both sides of the conflict!

Just my nickel's worth. Here's three cents change...

pgh1994- you want honest answers to your questions but seem to have already made up your mind.Union contracts are negotiated-not made up before hand. Your previous pension will probably have no bearing on any future union pension unless you negotiate something otherwise. A union rep will not contact you.You can go to the union hall and at any meeting ask questions till the cows come home. As far as any past violence goes it was just that,in the past and not all of it was union people but there again it was in the past. If you were in the union you could vote against hoffa if you so desired and others could vote for him but at least you would have a vote and a say on who and how things are done. These have all been FACTS , not opinions.
PS - Benefits are all listed in the contract and the regional plan in which you reside.
The teamsters have most of this info on the teamsters.org site and in the teamster library online as does central states and other regional plans. Please feel free to pm me for any info or ask on these boards any question you can't find answers for on the web.